Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 04:34:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1972217 times)
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #2520 on: June 12, 2008, 12:53:03 PM

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2521 on: June 12, 2008, 01:57:41 PM

Any predictable impacts on my suicide ganking from this factional warfare?

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #2522 on: June 12, 2008, 02:09:07 PM

Honestly, the numbers of pilots I've seen aren't enough to change trade patterns more than the amount a few new high quality L4 agents in a single system would. Maybe it'll grow in popularity with time...
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2523 on: June 13, 2008, 06:13:43 AM

Caldari Militia put an RA moonmining POS into reinforced mode.

More of the caps getting blown up http://xbps.org/kb/?a=kill_related&kll_id=278

Is this awesome? c/c
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2524 on: June 13, 2008, 06:15:55 AM

I suspect that Caldari Militia are about to learn a very valuable lesson if they are daft enough to come back for that.

The interesting thing for me is how they chose that target...

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2525 on: June 13, 2008, 06:28:27 AM

More of the caps getting blown up http://xbps.org/kb/?a=kill_related&kll_id=278

Is this awesome? c/c

Man look at all dem fuckkin caracals...

FW has certainly worked better than I ever expected bringing the fun of 0.0 warfare to newbies.  If they aren't hooked by now they never will be.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2526 on: June 13, 2008, 06:36:36 AM

The war drums continue to pound as the goons swarm into Germinate like a plague of locusts.

The war's been raging for about a month now non-stop.

We started in FDZ - our main base of operations. We began taking down PoSes in-system and then continued to BWF and 8MG.

Total PoS losses by them are ~30 large towers killed and one faction large stolen.

Total PoS losses by us: None. That's right, they haven't counter-killed a single tower. Not one.

Our most recent acquisition:

Running capship totals:
Killed/Lost/Forced Self Destruct

Thanatos 20/1/1
Archon 2/0
Chimera 7/0
Nidhoggur 1/0
Moros 2/3
Revelation 3/1
Phoenix 2/0
Nagalfar 2/0
Nyx 1/0
Freighter 2/0
Jump Freighter 1/0
Erebus 0/1

As you see, these numbers are "fairly" one-sided. I don't have BS and support numbers, but I can tell you that we've decimated them in almost every battle.

Just last night, they decided they wanted to siege our tower; they brought 8 dreads and a carrier and left support at the gate. Unfortunately for them, they can't tell a capship killing PoS from a normal one. We took out a carrier and 2 dreads before they were able to disengage. They didn't incap a single gun.

You may be wondering why the odd name of the BND station? Well, I suppose I can leak it since I'm sure the petitions are already on their way. This was a mail that we found rotting in their EVE alliance mailbox for over a year:
2007.06.28 12:33
Hello Chris,

I am sorry to write that David died 6 weeks ago after being in a coma for
many months after collapsing at home.
I'm not sure if you knew or not but David had a long standing terminal
condition with his kidneys.

With my current workload I haven't managed to get through the list of
people
that David wanted me to contact - I would appreciate it if you would tell
the others in eve. I still have a few messages that David wanted me to
contact in eve that I am trying to find email addresses for.

It all feels a little like a nightmare that won't end still.

Regards,

Rachel Potts

To those who knew him - well no words required really is there?
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #2527 on: June 13, 2008, 07:14:13 AM

You may be wondering why the odd name of the BND station? Well, I suppose I can leak it since I'm sure the petitions are already on their way. This was a mail that we found rotting in their EVE alliance mailbox for over a year:

Oh, haha that is so funny. Wait, no it isn't.  swamp poop
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2528 on: June 13, 2008, 07:53:39 AM

it's more :goons:. I find it funny that not only was it an alliance-wide e-mail, it's been sitting there undeleted for over a year. A YEAR. Come on.

The station name has already been changed, so no one needs to get all bunchy.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2529 on: June 13, 2008, 07:55:49 AM

It's the Smoske gambit.  Saves on wardec fees.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2530 on: June 14, 2008, 08:53:55 AM

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2531 on: June 14, 2008, 01:43:42 PM

Hardcore Pee Vee Pee'ers are opportunistic cockmongers, news at 11?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2532 on: June 14, 2008, 02:40:25 PM

More like Stop the Press: BoB backstabs old friend, says friend was always useless anyways
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2533 on: June 15, 2008, 09:34:56 AM

The russian expansion into the drone regions continues, having routed atlas alliance and fix, they've now started snacking on their former pets ka-tet.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2534 on: June 15, 2008, 09:35:44 AM

Does this mean the russian settlements in the southeast are vulnerable, eh?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #2535 on: June 15, 2008, 10:48:08 AM

Good to see the carebearesque alliances getting a good grilling.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2536 on: June 15, 2008, 03:48:23 PM

Courtesy of Bhodi's naming, there is a corner of a foreign field, that is forever F13.

Twitter - Endieposts

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2537 on: June 15, 2008, 08:34:39 PM

... Until it was changed  Heartbreak

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.  awesome, for real

So, that's our foothold into P-E - It won't be long now for smash and friends. They've refused to engage except in overwhelming numbers (2x-3x) and even when they do engage they tend to get completely trashed. Already some goons are looking around to find the next target...
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2538 on: June 15, 2008, 08:40:13 PM

I am curious, how is the rest of the north taking this?  Are MM and Razor acting nervous?  RA in Fade and Pure Blind?  Crazy stuff.  And I must say, combined with everything else happening I am edgy.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2539 on: June 15, 2008, 09:15:55 PM

There was a 10+ man Goon gang in Sylph Alliance space yesterday.  Turned a lot of heads.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2540 on: June 15, 2008, 10:13:36 PM

There was a CVA gang in Teneferis yesterday.  I yelled at them about it :P
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2541 on: June 16, 2008, 12:06:44 AM

There was a 10+ man Goon gang in Sylph Alliance space yesterday.  Turned a lot of heads.

We (by which I mean GF) hold sov in one of the Sylph systems (or at least we did last week), presumably for logistical reasons.  I imagine there is a quiet arrangement somewhere.

Twitter - Endieposts

Terracotta Army

Reply #2542 on: June 16, 2008, 01:53:19 AM

I actually know (in RL) one of the guys who lost 2 of those dreads smiley
Can you ask him what they were thinking (seriously) by deploying dreads with a support fleet of less than 5 battleships & 15 smaller?

I probably wont get to speak to him until Thursday but I suspect they weren't expecting you guys to drag yourself back up north to defend it.

As I suspected, they didn't expect you to come and defend.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2543 on: June 16, 2008, 05:04:22 AM

Yeah, Goons have towers in our sphere of influence.  They are kos, but it seems we reached some sort of understanding anyhow.  Goons are very very rarely seen in Providence.  Lots of reasons for it no doubt, but for 5100 pilots hardly a peep of trouble is impressive.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2544 on: June 16, 2008, 05:50:33 AM

Yeah, Goons have towers in our sphere of influence.  They are kos, but it seems we reached some sort of understanding anyhow.  Goons are very very rarely seen in Providence.  Lots of reasons for it no doubt, but for 5100 pilots hardly a peep of trouble is impressive.

It's largely because goons Heart CVA.

Darius shouted at people yesterday for going into Tribute ((MM space) and killing neutrals, too, since they were blue to MM.  Frankly, they should have been in Geminate, anyway, but it's the problem with the interplay between big NBSI alliances with one eye on a major enemy against whom they might need to band together again.

Twitter - Endieposts

Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #2545 on: June 16, 2008, 05:55:04 AM

They are kos, but it seems we reached some sort of understanding anyhow.

From what I've seen, Goons are IOS in our space:  ignore on sight.

So, what does all this conquering mean for the future?  Will all of 0.0 fall under Pax Goonatis?  Will the RA peace hold? I get the feeling BoB is regrouping and solidifying - will it be big and together enough to compete?

Witty banter not included.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2546 on: June 16, 2008, 06:09:20 AM

From what I've seen, Goons are IOS in our space:  ignore on sight.

A couple of weeks ago a guy from an ex-GBC corp was saying in the Citadel that he knew where and when a Goon carrier would be undocking, and was trying to get a gang to kill it.  The problem was that most people were ignoring him, a few were telling him to give over, and he couldn't give any details as to where, when or who because plenty of people would have had a quiet word with the guy.  With the way IAC are going Sylph and the CVA bloc may well have a choice between AAA and Bob's pets as our neighbours soon and being on bad terms with the goons would not be helpful in either case.  I don't fancy BOTS' chances much in the long run, either.

So, what does all this conquering mean for the future?  Will all of 0.0 fall under Pax Goonatis?  Will the RA peace hold? I get the feeling BoB is regrouping and solidifying - will it be big and together enough to compete?

Until titans, jump bridges and cyno jammers all get seriously nerfed then Bob can do serious damage to their neighbours.  I doubt if we'll see them in 77s again any time soon - I suspect they learned about over-reach from their own experience and the difficulties of conducting long campaigns from ours - but we'll see what comes out of the barbeque, I suppose  awesome, for real  I don't think anyone thinks that they'll stop at Querious or Fountain, anyway.

The problem for a prolonged offensive under the current rules is that Bob cannot pull QR6s very often, and titanflation continues across the game: they may have a dozen or so, but the rest of us have over forty.  Anyone who watches where Sov 4 is set up in Providence, and where people are discouraged from hanging out, is probably pretty certain that CVA will have one or two pretty soon (I'm only guessing there), while the fact that the goons have churned out four already in the last few months (and MM half a dozen, I think) can see what the dominant consideration will be in the medium term.

Twitter - Endieposts

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2547 on: June 16, 2008, 07:08:06 AM

We are very watchful of the southern situation, believe me!  Some events are quite peculiar, such as AAA not having a go at BoB or vice versa.  Lots of tinfoil hattery to go around that situation.  For a long time (going on 2 years now) I have railed against Cap ships online.  People have argued that it is simple game progression but I do believe it can cause the collapse of game balance.  Those MC cap blobs more or less proved it and now look at us all. 

Titans should never have been introduced.  If they were it should have been in BPC format only, no BPO's, and probably at a significant cost increase as well as material complexity or some other curbing factor.  I know that our organization is against Titans and really does not want them.  On the other hand, we may be stubborn bastards but we have not made it this long by being stupid.  Why to you think so much of Providence is Cynojammed?  Pure spite?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2548 on: June 16, 2008, 07:40:15 AM

On the other hand, we may be stubborn bastards but we have not made it this long by being stupid.  Why to you think so much of Providence is Cynojammed?  Pure spite?

I've thought for a while that CVA should be considering quietly subsidising a few of the weaker holder alliances (particularly the poorer ones in western Providence) in order to ensure that each of the systems in their space have at least one Serious Business deathstar setup as a cyno-jammer.  It would be very annoying to have a secure setup and then find that an invader was able to take a foothold in a neighbouring system and was merrily jump-bridging in 200-man fleets with their titans, at will.

Twitter - Endieposts

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2549 on: June 16, 2008, 07:50:13 AM

There are two or three systems in Provi and northern Catch that gets used as Goon jump waypoints and it always causes  ruckus, but they've never brought anything harmful through and I'm pretty sure it's just logistical stuff.

To be honest, I'm not particularly worried about IAC at this point.  They've fallen back, sure, but they're still a powerhouse and most of their remaining systems are cynojammed.  Without their cap fleet, AAA have not been doing so well and were kicked around pretty good yesterday.  BotS will be fine as well.

Agree: CVA should give us moar deathstars!
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2550 on: June 16, 2008, 08:17:06 AM

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=798494

Looks like he decided to self-destruct the titan when they told him to give it back. Everything I have heard indicates that the post is legit.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2551 on: June 16, 2008, 08:24:56 AM

I like the idea, believe me!    I know we already pay out for some losses in combat (Alliance wide and even outside the alliance at times).  We have a corp Cap ship program to stockpile which is also used for Alliance purposes.  You would probably cry if you saw the prices I pay for ships(cheap).  There are now 9 CVA outposts in Providence with towers to maintain.  We have no CVA exclusive systems and share the wealth of the region (haha) with others.  For that matter we gave away administration of the richest section in Providence to our friends.  We do not charge residency fees, our station services are fairly inexpensive and on top of all that we do not even pay taxes :P  We live in one of the top 2 poorest regions of 0.0 (pure blind I think is the other?)  We do not get officer spawns or bistot/ark etc.  I think we are doing exceptionally well =) 

And lets not even get into the time factor.  individual applications, corp applications, diplomacy (we had nearly 300 standings changes in the last 2 months).  Yeah, we bring most of this on ourselves with our crazy policies and stubborn behavior.  There is a Goon forum comment about the 'lol roleplayers' factor, but what we are doing still seems to work!

Still, I will talk to the boss about it.  He cringes in fear for his wallet when I come up with crazy schemes though ;)
sanctuary
Terracotta Army

Reply #2552 on: June 16, 2008, 08:39:49 AM

Out of curiousity, what exactly is a "serious business deathstar"? I imagine it would be a faction large control tower and then "stuff". It's the stuff bit which has me lost.

LC: I assumed it was a SiSi prank followed by BoB trolling. Titans don't get self destructed.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2553 on: June 16, 2008, 08:44:34 AM

I don't think AM, CVA or anyone else wants to go giving specific Deathstar fitting advice in a public forum.  Good try, though.

It goes something like this: Tons of guns, web, disruptor and neut arrays.  Maybe a cynojammer. Nothing else.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #2554 on: June 16, 2008, 09:33:40 AM

"Serious business" is the same as saying "min-maxed/well fitted" and a deathstar is different from other POSes in that it's sole objective is to be a bitch to kill and tear up any attacking fleets. So like Phildo said: hardeners, guns, and other shooty type mods.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: