Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:38:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969472 times)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2380 on: May 02, 2008, 05:39:49 AM

Here's my wildly unplausable theory:

The executor of BRUCE is contacted quietly in the night by staff members for CCP and is offered a deal in the form of lots and lots of isk to cripple his alliance and leave a gaping power vacuum which will cause a ton of restructuring in 0.0 to predate the Empyrean Age expansion.  The entire event is scripted and we are puppets dancing on their strings like marionettes and we don't have the faintest idea.

The Caldari state will invade Fountain and it will become an official spot of Empire in 0.0 under NPC martial law.  All non-Caldari pilots will be KOS.  The game's first NPC Titan comes into play.

Fuck!

(or not)
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #2381 on: May 02, 2008, 06:20:06 AM

CCP employees shouldn't play as players, but they can play as NPC's, and I think many of us would actually like that.  Dunno why they're not doing it.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2382 on: May 02, 2008, 06:43:44 AM

Because hanging out at a belt all day with those two jerks from accounting is mindnumbingly dull?
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #2383 on: May 02, 2008, 07:19:13 AM

So why hang out at belts?  Zone your modded True Sansha Battleship with the 2 guys from Accounting in True Sansha support cruisers into 0.8 (Concord + Navies don't shoot NPC pirates), and go gank Hulks until they start whining in local and you finally get attacked by a bunch of PVP vets in T2 gear; at which point, focus fire, hot drop in the rest of the Accounting team in NPC interceptors to web/jam them, and have a fight.  Loot drops on either side, fun for all.

I didn't mean "sit in a belt."
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2384 on: May 02, 2008, 07:49:01 AM

I know :)
Hakeldaima
Terracotta Army

Reply #2385 on: May 02, 2008, 08:13:43 AM

And then the hulk owners' alliance (alliance A) whines that CCP is always picking on them and that they are obviously helping alliance B, with which A is at war. Meanwhile B hands out tinfoil hats and, for good measure, complains that they never get the chance to kill CCP controlled NPC ships who always drop better loot than normal belt rats.

Yeah that would work out fine.

I mean considering the amount of whining that comes from the carebears after getting ganked by players (see this f.ex. imagine the response if the ganker was actually a ccp employee acting in that capacity (no BOD jokes please).
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #2386 on: May 02, 2008, 10:20:11 AM

EQ1 set the precedent that GM's can take control of NPCs and do "events" with them, and I don't know if any other game has followed suit since then, but to me it's an acceptable way to create content.

As far as whining and complaints, I've been wailing to have the Overview bug fixed for almost a month now.  Other people have requested other changes or things, and been ignored.  They don't care, or if they do they just incorporate whatever's been suggested into their own vision and make the change much, much later, and NOT how the players wanted it anyway.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #2387 on: May 02, 2008, 10:56:00 AM

Asheron's Call 1 had some of that in the beginning.  Bael'Zharon event and all.

Witty banter not included.
Faust
Terracotta Army

Reply #2388 on: May 02, 2008, 03:31:40 PM

The original neverwinter nights had it as well (circa 1991) but who cares?

Kin Rha
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2389 on: May 02, 2008, 10:12:04 PM

Lone AAA carrier hanging out in Providence for unknown reasons.  He logged off successfully and again for unknown reasons logged back in 15 minutes later with a 40-man CVA-allied fleet waiting for him.

http://lfa.katrinet.se/killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=987
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2390 on: May 03, 2008, 02:49:58 PM

I don't know whether it's more amusing that he logged back in the same spot, or that a fleet waited for him, or that you posted about single carrier kill:P
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2391 on: May 03, 2008, 03:25:04 PM

Well, at least he didn''t nerdrage like Galavet and self-destruct through tears of frustration.  awesome, for real

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2392 on: May 03, 2008, 05:46:01 PM

So has anyone seen the war lately?
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #2393 on: May 03, 2008, 07:28:29 PM

At this point it seems to have petered out into skirmishing in Delve between the BoB hard-core remnant and those goonies who still care.  BoB's no longer seen as enough of a threat to make everyone set aside their other conflicts.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2394 on: May 03, 2008, 07:59:18 PM

I was bored and no one has posted anything interesting here in days?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2395 on: May 04, 2008, 11:18:23 AM

A good proportion of GF lives in Delve now.  A lot of the rest is on deployment, either in Fountain (black ops) or the north (specops). 

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2396 on: May 04, 2008, 12:22:53 PM

A good proportion of GF lives in Delve now.  A lot of the rest is on deployment, either in Fountain (black ops) or the north (specops). 

I cruised through 319 the other night around 8pm cst and there were 8 goons in local. All 8 were docked. I haven't any goons ratting while moving my cyno alts around. I just figured most had gone north. I hope they come back soon. MC just sat in their stations waiting for the end.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2397 on: May 04, 2008, 04:31:06 PM

Apparently our next assignment is against Smash in a couple of weeks.  This is a hugely popular choice.

Peoke tried to recruit Bat to Smash a month and a bit back - I still have the logs somewhere - but I politely demurred, suggesting that we were looking for somewhere that wouldn't be next up on the Goons' little black book.  He said that that wasn't going to happen, bless him.

Twitter - Endieposts

lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2398 on: May 04, 2008, 11:23:21 PM

RA allies killed an RA titan in the drone regions that was in build in a sov1 FIX system by an RA alt/pet corp. The drone regions sure seem like fun.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2399 on: May 05, 2008, 02:37:54 AM

We didn't want Delve anyway.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I wonder if BoB will keep churning out the titans now, though? I mean, they've got somewhere around a dozen now and can build one per array every six weeks...they're starting to get close to the previously hypothetical "Doomday dreadfleet into wreckage" numbers. I'm sort of hoping that happens, mind you - the EVE-O threads would be vastly amusing.

Edit: MC dies, not with a bang but with a whimper.
BoB congratulates them on good flights and says they always liked those guys.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 05:37:28 AM by Simond »

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2400 on: May 05, 2008, 05:38:20 AM

I've only heard about BoB taking over 3 of MC's outposts lately. Anything else The Great War related going on? Someone? Anyone?
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2401 on: May 05, 2008, 06:33:22 AM

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2402 on: May 05, 2008, 06:36:10 AM

Bad update!  Do it again!
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2403 on: May 05, 2008, 12:55:14 PM

The official MC bye bye speech
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2404 on: May 05, 2008, 04:02:14 PM

One of the most amusing things about this whole debacle is if MC hadn't decided to not bother showing up to the planned multi-front Delve offensive about half an hour before it was due to start, there's every likelihood that at the very least they'd still exist because the war would still be in non-NPC delve.

Meh, sod 'em. BoB gets some more capital ships and maybe another titan or two...not like it's going to make a huge difference when they've got scores upon scores of capships and a dozen titans already.

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #2405 on: May 05, 2008, 10:36:27 PM

The sad thing is, MC's stated goal in life is one that I thought sounded pretty good: not bothering with territory struggles, just taking other peoples' money to ride in and blow up people they don't like.  No muss, no fuss, no personal drama at stake, just guns for hire.  Then they fucked it all up by grabbing territory and getting involved in politics, and look where it got 'em.
sanctuary
Terracotta Army

Reply #2406 on: May 05, 2008, 10:44:08 PM

Cap ships online is Serious Business  Sad Panda
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2407 on: May 06, 2008, 04:22:07 AM

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2408 on: May 06, 2008, 06:29:18 AM

This is what I got out of it:

"We're tired of fighting goons just as much as they are tired of fighting us"
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2409 on: May 07, 2008, 10:32:06 AM

The biggest capital slugfest (in kills) ever happened today. On one side are Smashkill/Fix/Atlas on the other side The Angry Russianstm.
65 caps down, our russian friends won by a 2/1 ratio.
pic
pic
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2410 on: May 07, 2008, 12:38:27 PM

I don't mind saying that this person's overview settings are horrible.  But the fight is  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2411 on: May 09, 2008, 04:14:02 PM

So why not post about our own wars here  awesome, for real ?  Especially since it's part of the big ongoing U'K/Minmatar vs Amarr thing.

The short version, with opsec stuff removed from the ops post, is:

We beat the opposition, in three fights in a row, with pilots who had never flown remote-rep gangs and not really fought in empire (except a few of us).  The first fight saw us with the fleet in two halves, sitting on two gates so as to hide our full strength from the targets as well as possible (though they did have good numbers of scouts around): I sent three ships through as bait to get UK to engage, then got the rest to jump in and warp at zero to the bait.  One bait was lost - which was acceptable - but in return we got some kills.

They then retreated to Amarr, next door, so I sent the tacklers through first then the rest to follow once they let themselves be engaged.  They fell for it again and we pounded on them pretty decisively.  They got no kills (don't ask about Concord  Ohhhhh, I see.) and we got some kills, at least one of which is missing from the KB.

The third fight was when Torenc and Soratah called in from Youl, three jumps away, to say that they had engaged our other targets at a gate.  We turned around and burned there at best speed, engaging on contact.  It was a pricy victory, three for three, but we lost three battleships while killing two BS and a command ship, so we came out well ahead in that the command ship cost more than our three together :D  According to the KB stats that I always took the mickey out of Joe for citing (double standards itt) we came out 2:1 ahead vs Maak and about 5:1 vs U'K for the night.  There's a long way to go, and they're bigger than us, with Maak in some very expensive ships, but at least we had a good start!  I wish i wasn't off on holiday now...

Twitter - Endieposts

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2412 on: May 11, 2008, 12:33:19 PM

News from the warfront:  Aegis Militia fights Wings of Maak in front of Maak's base in Myyhera!

Pow.  We engaged a fleet of Maak forces in Orkashu and succeeded in bringing down an Armageddon, although it cost us several cruisers and a Typhoon of our own.  Not wanting that to be the end of it, we reshipped to heavies and proceeded to chase the fleeing Maak gang back to one of their bases in Myyhera where we proceeded to camp briefly.

We were just getting ready to turn around and head home when the enemy undocked right on top of us with a gang of battleships similar in size to ours.  We were given orders to keep ECM focused on the enemy Command Ship while hammering away at their Megathron.  Apparently their orders were similar as our Megathron began taking heavy damage as well.  After some confusion as many of us are still adjusting to this type of warfare, remote repping kicked in and saved our FC who had approximately 30% hull left at the end of the fight.  Their Mega went down, followed quickly by two typhoons and we managed to snag a Myrmidon while the rest of their forces were docking back up.  There were no friendly losses in this engagement.

I realize that this isn't quite the same as reading about super-cap battles, but you guys haven't posted much of interest in weeks, and this IS the War thread.  And we're at war!
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2413 on: May 11, 2008, 01:31:43 PM

Bah bullshit, just switch ship types two classes higher and its 'amagad we rescued our mothership with 30% structure while taking one of theirs down along with two carriers'.
The feeling you had leaving that battle is exactly the same.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 01:42:04 PM by lac »
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2414 on: May 12, 2008, 02:45:28 PM

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: