Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:40:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1115084 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5285 on: February 17, 2015, 04:25:21 PM

Not that I grouped with any of you but yeah, I stopped.  I puttered for a few games last weekend but it doesn't grab me like it did. I'll putter from time to time but I don't see playing more than 3-4 games in a 'long' session happening anymore.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5286 on: February 17, 2015, 10:40:15 PM

I still read the thread, but I've been absorbed by my PS4 for the last bit.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5287 on: February 17, 2015, 11:08:06 PM

Logged on and had great fun in my maxed out KV2. Have no real interest in much else bar the Lowe

Hic sunt dracones.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5288 on: February 18, 2015, 05:59:38 AM

My play times never matched up with the people here but I stopped playing in December and haven't had much urge to play since.  I have been using what was formerly my WoT time on the World of Warships alpha.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #5289 on: February 18, 2015, 08:36:36 AM

Yeah I don't see any of the old crew any more. Aba is either out of town or dead...haven't seen him on for several days.

I'm not dead!

Been on vacation.  Hawaii is great but I agree with Anakin re: sand.

Did a killer in-depth tour of the interior of the Mighty Mo, so now I am geeked up for World of Warships.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5290 on: February 18, 2015, 09:29:52 AM

This video from Jingles is a pretty good non NDA violating look at WoWS http://youtu.be/ebx89jbm2vw
WayAbvPar

Reply #5291 on: February 18, 2015, 05:27:47 PM

Yeah I don't see any of the old crew any more. Aba is either out of town or dead...haven't seen him on for several days.

I'm not dead!

Been on vacation.  Hawaii is great but I agree with Anakin re: sand.

Did a killer in-depth tour of the interior of the Mighty Mo, so now I am geeked up for World of Warships.

Wow you went on actual vacation-y vacation! WoWS has some real potential, but it needs a lot of polish still. Will be fun to get in on the ground floor this time though.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #5292 on: February 19, 2015, 07:57:09 AM

WoWS has some real potential, but it needs a lot of polish still. Will be fun to get in on the ground floor this time though.

It looks like it could be a lot of fun and something new, but WoWP is sitting out there like a big cautionary turd. How they managed to fuck that up so bad is beyond me. Still though, it looks like fun and I hope they do another pre-order bundle with a year sub and all sorts of pre-order only ships.

I know I'm in the minority opinion on this subject but WarThunder is just so much better That I can't wait to see what they do with ships.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5293 on: February 19, 2015, 09:15:44 AM

It looks like it could be a lot of fun and something new, but WoWP is sitting out there like a big cautionary turd. How they managed to fuck that up so bad is beyond me. Still though, it looks like fun and I hope they do another pre-order bundle with a year sub and all sorts of pre-order only ships.

I know I'm in the minority opinion on this subject but WarThunder is just so much better That I can't wait to see what they do with ships.

WGN wins tanks.  WT wins planes.  The cockpit view in historic mode gives WT the edge. 

I think WGN learned from WoWP and WoWS looks MUCH better.  The slower, more strategic pace will cater to the tanks crowd me thinks.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #5294 on: February 19, 2015, 09:29:07 AM

I got in to one of the alpha weekends and played a few games. The game play is fun, but the maps are really limited and are going to get really boring really fast. I am not sure how to make an interesting sea map since you can only use 2 dimensions, so they have their work cut out for them.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5295 on: February 19, 2015, 09:31:11 AM

I think WGN learned from WoWP and WoWS looks MUCH better.  The slower, more strategic pace will cater to the tanks crowd me thinks.

I think that was exactly the problem with WoWP, the maps were too compressed and the pace was so much faster than a tanks battle that it turned a lot of tanks players off.  They also managed to piss the sim guys off by making the flight model very arcady but they scared the casual players off by not making it arcady enough to appeal to them.  War Thunder gets it right by having huge maps with coherent objectives and allowing the players to choose the level of 'realism' they want to play at.

Right now I am cautiously optimistic about WoWS and would probably buy a pre-release package.  Of course that assumes that they don't screw it up between now and open beta.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #5296 on: February 19, 2015, 02:05:09 PM

WGN wins tanks. 

I like the tanks in WT a lot better too. There isn't the variety there is in WoT, but the gameplay makes up for it. I like the way that most deaths are from one shot, that you get more than one vehicle per battle, and the battles are almost always decided by following the objective instead of last tank standing. The new X-Ray thing that happens when you get killed or damage an enemy is also great as well. It's helped with a lot of the complaints about their damage model and helps players learn where to aim. It's alo really cool.

Strazos

Reply #5297 on: February 21, 2015, 01:33:20 PM

Been fooling with WT on my PS4 - anyone know offhand if it's actually cross-platform?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #5298 on: February 21, 2015, 02:15:09 PM

Been fooling with WT on my PS4 - anyone know offhand if it's actually cross-platform?

Yes, PC and PS players are matched together. PS players have an asterisk in front of their names in the roster so that PC master race knows who to make fun of. Apparently PS players also get an A-26 on their account, a plane so hard to get for PC players I've only seen one since I've been playing that wasn't on a PS account. PC players are superbutthurt about it because the only way to get one in the last year was something like a one weekend event where you had to shoot down 1000 players.

If you have any other questions let me know, the Battle Rating and Tier systems seem to confuse a lot of people and they wind up getting into matches that their planes have no business being in.

Strazos

Reply #5299 on: February 21, 2015, 10:11:31 PM

I seem to do pretty well with the lowbie tanks, and I just started fooling with the AA stuff - pretty funny to light up tanks with it.

The flying bits...I'm less enamored with them, especially on console. Perhaps it'd be better if I downloaded the PC version.

Fear the Backstab!
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5300 on: February 26, 2015, 09:19:55 PM

Where the fuck is everyone? I need to do toon missions dammit.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5301 on: February 26, 2015, 09:32:21 PM

Where the fuck is everyone? I need to do toon missions dammit.

I'll log on... if you ever fucking platoon with me. 

Mr. New clan guy.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5302 on: February 26, 2015, 09:43:59 PM

Heh, my clan is 5 guys. It was supposed to be a break-off for people who wanted to do tourneys, of which we have done exactly 0.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5303 on: February 27, 2015, 12:00:02 PM

I think we can call this a carry. I was angry because my mission is to kill a heavy a tier higher, and I got stuck at top tier. I took it out on the opfor  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

7 kills, including last 4 tanks (had an arty left that stayed alive long enough for me to miss the Kolabanov's  Ohhhhh, I see. )

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5304 on: March 02, 2015, 12:42:36 PM

The best FTR I've read in quite a while.

Why?  Here's why...

SerB apparently played all of a sudden in a training room on physics test with a bunch of players and answered some questions (some unfortunately only by voice, which wasn’t recorded).

- Type 59 will not return to the shop according to SerB
- SerB: “Waffenträger auf E-100 is for retards. It will be removed.”

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

-  Mark Twain
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5305 on: March 09, 2015, 01:31:31 PM

I just got an invite to the WoT Generals closed beta (WG's new card game thing). If its any good I'll post some info on it.  Looks interesting at least.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5306 on: March 09, 2015, 03:42:39 PM

I just got an invite to the WoT Generals closed beta (WG's new card game thing). If its any good I'll post some info on it.  Looks interesting at least.

I got in too, played the tutorial and a match or two.  It seems fun enough.  Reminds me of Hearthstone with tanks so I probably won't spend much time on it.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5307 on: March 10, 2015, 12:01:22 AM

I can't seem to get it working on either my iPhone or Android tablet.  I keep getting a 404 error when I hit play.  Oh we'll, I'll give it a try in a few weeks on my PC after I finish moving to my new home.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5308 on: March 10, 2015, 05:22:08 AM

They are just starting the IOS closed beta so right now it is PC only.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5309 on: March 10, 2015, 08:04:16 PM

New mission gives you 50K free silver for just logging in.  Also additional prizes (including two tanks) for keeping the streak going.

How bad is it at Wargaming that they have to start paying their customers?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5310 on: March 10, 2015, 08:34:22 PM

Pretty bad

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5311 on: March 12, 2015, 01:18:31 PM

With the 8bit winter mode and personal missions I was already making way more credits than ever before and don't have a premium account.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5312 on: March 12, 2015, 04:37:17 PM

New mission gives you 50K free silver for just logging in.  Also additional prizes (including two tanks) for keeping the streak going.

How bad is it at Wargaming that they have to start paying their customers?

I started a 2nd account just to accumulate all this stuff. And now I am playing it  awesome, for real

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5313 on: March 12, 2015, 05:04:44 PM

World of Warships hit closed beta, you can sign up for it here http://worldofwarships.com/ if you are in alpha or played either of their two weekend events you are automatically in.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5314 on: March 12, 2015, 05:44:05 PM

World of Warships hit closed beta, you can sign up for it here http://worldofwarships.com/ if you are in alpha or played either of their two weekend events you are automatically in.

PLayed WoWS a bit today.  It's odd but interesting.

-  Mark Twain
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5315 on: March 13, 2015, 11:33:45 AM

It's definitely easier to go from WoT to WoWs than it was to go to planes.  The pacing of the matches and mechanics of moving and shooting are similar enough to make it fairly easy to start playing. 
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5316 on: March 14, 2015, 11:00:09 AM

I saw a lot of Twitch streamers doing Warships yesterday. They all seem to be having a great time with it, and it looks interesting. There didn't seem to be a lot of teamwork as such though, just running around randomly shooting other ships. As mentioned above its harder to funnel players into different paths when all the terrain you have to play with are islands, so I would imagine people will run off in 50 directions.

I'm a serious Naval history grog though so I do feel the call....

Hic sunt dracones.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5317 on: March 14, 2015, 12:16:40 PM

Teamwork gets a little better once people start to figure out that running around like a squirrel monkey on crack while shooting randomly in the air is not the path to success.  Be aware that like tanks the game is not a sim, realism comes in a distant 3rd to game play and balance.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5318 on: March 23, 2015, 11:15:11 AM

TD-15 for the 28 DONE. And yes, that is a steel wall in a WTF-100  awesome, for real

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5319 on: March 23, 2015, 12:06:33 PM

Nice game.  Ridiculous that that wasn't an ace tanker.

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: