Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:42:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Next Expansion: Rise of Kunark 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Next Expansion: Rise of Kunark  (Read 63051 times)
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #35 on: July 13, 2007, 10:54:31 AM

It must be a matter of personal perception then, because I felt that way, in particular, in Thundering Steppes and Nek Forest.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: July 13, 2007, 11:34:16 AM

My interest in this expansion is muted by my dread of having more zones in the middle nowhere and hours of running to said zones.

Travel is a huge pain.  Everything was cool when it was off the docks in TS/Nek.  In the 50s, everything is spread all over the fraking place.  So in addition to the painfully long time to find enough people, there is an 20min hump to get them together.  Its not usual to spend an hour looking/waiting for people in a group that only lasts 2 hours.

I totally agree with this. It wasn't bad when the only wait time was to get into the KoS zones. But now that 60-70 are spread through some DoF, KoS, and EoF its too spread out. EoF to me just seems really segregated from the rest. At least in KoS you could get to any of the zones fairly quickly after waiting for the port up. DoF was just another bell and the zones were also pretty easy to get to. EoF is just too spread out and takes too long to travel unless you can port or can hitch a ride with someone who can.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #37 on: July 13, 2007, 01:02:14 PM

The fact that players still gripe about travel shows how far the genre has come, actually. To get from North Qeynos to Barren Sky, a high 50s-low 60s zone takes less than 10 minutes usually, and 15 minutes maximum: NQ > SQ > QH > Nek then hop on the griff to NMars and jump off at the Spires, port to BS. The spires are on a 10 minute timer so at most you have to wait 9 minutes and 55 seconds there. Barren Sky has excellent solo questlines and several group instances.

To get to Faydwer, get to Nek and wait a maximum of 3 minutes for the boat. The you will have to run through BB to get to Lesser Faydark or Greater Faydark, but we are talking less than 15 minutes again to go from one end of the world to the other, basically. It is even faster if you have the MajDul recall up. Use it, take the carpet to SS, then carpet to BB. Or carpet from QH to BB.

EQ2 does a lot to make finding a group (level segregated channels, good LFG tool) and getting together quick and easy.

I have never played WoW.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #38 on: July 13, 2007, 01:37:33 PM

That carpet to BB thing is good only.

"Me am play gods"
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 13, 2007, 03:50:36 PM

It must be a matter of personal perception then, because I felt that way, in particular, in Thundering Steppes and Nek Forest.

Uh, they are both massively open free roaming zones.  You can wander anywhere at all in them across wide open swathes of land at any time at all.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #40 on: July 13, 2007, 04:00:07 PM

Uh, they are both massively open free roaming zones.  You can wander anywhere at all in them across wide open swathes of land at any time at all.

Its the way the landscape is sculpted, more than anything. It felt very 'designed' for play, rather than a natural landscape. But nevermind, I feel like I'm offending, which wasn't my intention.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #41 on: July 16, 2007, 07:15:09 AM

15 minute travel
Which is usually 1/4 to 1/2 of my total playtime for a night. One of the main reasons I solo, I just don't have time to dick around with finding a group and travelling.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #42 on: August 05, 2007, 03:26:14 PM

Post-Kunark concept art for Qeynosian Guild Hall (City?)

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 06, 2007, 06:54:39 AM

It would be nice if they'd update the cities a bit. Even a change as small (HUGE) as adding a banker to the trades instances and putting the goddamned recipe book vendor /inside/.

I mean, my new computer can zone in 12-15 seconds, but it's still a pain to have to zone out to bank and get new books. Ditto running halfway across Kelethin to bank (which takes longer than zoning in and out of an old city tradezone to bank).
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 07, 2007, 03:23:43 AM

There were mutterings at the Fan Faire about a possible revamp/zone consolidation of the original two cities, post-Kunark. Maybe.

Or you could just use Kelethin/Neriak instead. :)

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 07, 2007, 06:05:51 AM

I imagine that once the new expansion comes out most people will want to base their, higher level characters at least, in Kunark to save on travel times.  Combining Freeport/Qeynos into 1 zone would help see it get more use though.  I don't know about Qeynos but there is a crap load of < 50 content in Freeport I never bothered with just because of the huge hassle dealing with the place is.  Well, that and the quest rewards are pretty sub-par this late in it's life cycle.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #46 on: August 07, 2007, 06:43:34 AM

Huh? Freeport and Qeynos are on opposite sides of the continent from each other. How would merge them physically? Fold the continent in half?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 07, 2007, 06:54:46 AM

Only if you control the Spice.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 07, 2007, 07:11:05 AM

I'm not sure you could combine them into one zone (meaning all the disparate zones each main city is composed of, Trippy, not the two cities together).

As for Simond's suggestion...I did mention Kelethin is a pita. My wood elf, in...I forget which newbie slum, the wood elf one...is faster banking. Pop out of the instance, hit the bank, pop back into the instance, the bank is right across from the tradeskill instance. In Kelethin you've got to hoof halfway across the city in a roundabout fashion, poorly laid out.

Neriak is perfect, maybe a mailbox down there, but even that's only a short run. Adding a banker to (and moving the recipe vendor inside) the trade instances in the old world is an easy customer service win.

And yes, the old quests definitely need reward revamps. I just cleared a whole bunch out of my SK's journal after looking at the rewards. The AA would've been nice, but I figure I'll worry about that later. He did a ton of the Freeport newbie quests, and with my old pc's loading times that was a nightmare I wouldn't bother with again (even using the sewers).
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 07, 2007, 08:46:58 AM

Huh? Freeport and Qeynos are on opposite sides of the continent from each other. How would merge them physically? Fold the continent in half?

All of Freeport being one zone and all of Qeynos being one zone.  Not Freeport and Qeynos being the same zone.  They are currently 8-10 zones each (more acutally with the crafting zones and etc...) which makes moving around them pretty painful.

It's not official, just mumblings from a dev at the fair.

edit: compilation of Fan Faire news cut & paste from official boards:
Legends of Norrath card game:
* The new game that is being released (Legends of Norrath) is a built in card game that is linked to both EQ and EQ2 (think Magic the Gathering but Norrath lore). You can challenge other players (even across games .. eg EQ guy can challenge an EQ2 friend). Starter packs are free. You can buy more packs OR get them as loot drops (depending how patient you are). As you win, you can accumalate real game items that you can use while in game(Cloak of Water that gives safe fall and water breathing), XP potions, mounts, etc.. So think of it as the modern version of Gems that you can play when bored that can give you real items.

* The new card game will be hitting test any time now with expected formal rollout at the end of August. One point that was made is any items you get in beta test you can keep after beta ends! He must have meant that you can keep it on the Beta Server though he didn't specifically say.

* Cards and entire packs will drop as loot from mobs. Cards will be sellable on the broker. The claim items will not be though.

* Check out http://legendsofnorrath.station.sony.com/ ... I want to win the beer stein that teleports you back to the bar of your home city !!

Gameplay/Mechanics/Engine/Graphics/MUSIC:
* You will reach Kunark by boat. When asked about druid and wizard ports the dev literally said OOPS ... he had forgotten all about that

* The new skeletel model system looks nice (we have nostrils now!!) but still far away from release. Does look neat and a lot more realistic.

* Zones are huge ... the Kylong zone is 3 kilometers by 4 kilometers in size ... that is over twice the size of The Commonlands. That one zone will have Field of Bone, Kurns Tower, Lake of Ill Omen, Swamp of No Hope, Karnors Castle.

* They have a new graphics ability that allows the look of the area you are in to change as you go from one part of a zone to another. So field of bone can be hot bright sun overhead and the swamp can be very dark and dreary.

* After Kunark, there will be a new Map system to replace what is in game now. Will come in two modes ... full screen high color mode and a permanant mini map. They are working with EQ2 Maps to coordinate compatibility.

* There will be an all new adaptive music system for combat. It will be dynamically created as you fight and will change as you are winning or losing as well as how long the fight is and how hard it is. So no more mundane looping music. They gave two examples ... one where you win a fight and one where you lose. Sounded very nice!

Lore:
* Sarnak were discovered by the Spiroc in a deep lab and accidentally woke them up 50 years ago

ZONES/MOBS:
* Two new zones are planned as Live Update Releases ... the Shard of Fear (group based zone) and the Shard of Hate (raid zone)!!

* Metrics of SOE show that folks hate grouping to gain XP in overland zones so nearly all mobs in overland zones will be solo mobs

Quests:
* There will be no new Heritage Quests since all the work needed to make the 24 class Epics. Class Epics quests will be like the Sword of Destiny style. You can get the first version of the Epic via grouping (the Legendary version) and to make it Fabled, you need to do Raid.

Spells/RACIAL TRAITS/AA:
* There will be changes to spells that will reduce the number of individual spells classes may have by combining similar functions into one icon; eg, if you have two debuffs they could be removed from game and replaced with a single spell that does both. Intent is to reduce the icon clutter (eg, 5 hotbars etc). Still lots of questions on how concentration slots would be affected and hate gain if multiple debuffs get sent in at once.

* The progression for new spells in Kunark will change such that all spell trees for a class will be upgraded in the 10 levels to 80 (no more waiting for 14 levels). Also upgrades for some of the ancient abilities from DoF will be introduced where appropreiate.

* The topic of player cast power drains came up and how they are worthless now. The dev responded that unfortunately the power drain concept is just one of those things that didn't quite work out the way they had hoped. As people may recall, at the release of EQ2, you could neutralize most named mobs by draining all their power ... thereby trivializing a lot of content. Well in response, mobs now have nearly limitless power pools. So the dev mentioned that as time goes on, any player spells or CAs that have power drains in them would be replaced with something else. No ETA given though.

* Two of the racial abilities of Sarnak are Dragon Breath (they breath fire) and Super Jump ... I guess they can jump far

* There will not be an increase in AAs .. so if you are already level 100 ... no change. But he did say that you can store two templates of how your AAs are allocated and swap back and forth via an item in your house. So you can have a Raid setup for AAs and a Solo setup for AAs.

Items/Armor/Weaps:
* There will be 3 sets of armor for all classes as part of the Kunark expansion. One legendary and two types of fabled. The top tier fabled will have abilities embedded in it that is only useful during T8 raids; such as the ability to avoid the crit damage mentioned earlier ... since only raid mobs will crit, will only have a value to raiders. Basically they are trying to make fabled armor more unique and powerful without overpowering base content.

* Mounts will be available that will go faster than any that are currently available.

Guild HALLS/GUILD:
* New mounts and titles for increase in guild level ... examples were a Rhino and the glowing dog things in Neriak .

* Guild Halls are now being actively worked on with completion sometime after Kunark ... say first Quarter of 2008

* Guild Halls would be islands placed just offshore from Antonica and the Commonlands. They would be instances so I imagine they will work similar to how apartments work, you click on something and enter your guilds own hall.

* Exile based guilds in PvP server would not have guild hall ... concern is that Exile guilds on PvP already get the best of everything ... no desire to give them even more of everything.

* Guild Halls will be HUGE ... bigger than deathfist citadell huge. Courtyard ... over 40 rooms can be unlocked and purchased. There will be two initial themes of look and feel. One very stately and following the style of Qeynos architechure. The other would be more foreboding gothic look.

* As your guild levels you can get more rooms (I imagine like how you get more bank slots in guild bank) and your guild can choose what that room will function as ... ideas include ... Guild Vault ... Mender ... Brokers ... Crafting Supply Merhcants ... Binding Rooms to call to ... rally points to launch to raids to ... the devs want folks to post ideas for rooms on the forums since they have a ton of rooms to fill

* There is customization to a degree for the halls ... banners ... statues ... your guild crest (from the cloak) on things ... etc.

* Will probably be able to get your first guild hall at guild level 10.

Gods:
* 3 new gods will be brought back ... Bertoxx ... Karana ... The Tribunal. There will be one more god release via a Live Update between now and the expansion release.

* The current gods will raise in level and so will the loot they drop.

* The other god that will be appearing between now and the Kunark expansion will be Bristlebane ... devs mentioned something about one of the miracles involved droping anvils on targets head

Raiding/Grouping:
* Raid progression is linear ... there will be 3 entry level raids and it will grow from there. All raids will be persistant. As a matter of fact all instances (even group instances) will be persistant.

* There will not be any 3 group raids ... there may be a couple of 2 gorup raids but the devs clearly don't think they bring much to the game.

* Veeshans Peak is one of the raid zones ... currently has 11 named with Trakannon leading them.

* There will be some Raid progression that requires you to have completed Raid Zone A before you can progress to Raid Zone B. Not everyone in raid will need to have completed the first to progress to the second.

* Two new zones are planned as Live Update Releases ... the Shard of Fear (group based zone) and the Shard of Hate (raid zone)!!

* There may or may not be contested mobs. The devs don't feel they bring much to the game for the amount of development needed to create them (eg, less than 1% of 1% of players will fight them).

Misc.:
* Timmorous Deep will be level 1-20 and then all other zones will be level 65 and up.
* The Sarnak starting city is now Evil (not neutral as originally released).
* Chardok zone will have the bottomless pit.
* They will be adding a new functionality to how clothing works. They are going to add a new layer of clothing that will fit over top of your armor so that you can control how you look regardless of how unmatched your armor is. This can be turned on and off.
* One dev commented ... "wouldn't it be cool if the cities were all one zone"!
* Tik Tok language is not in game and was never intended to be. Found that strange but that is what they said.
* Ventrilo or Teamspeak will not likely ever be built into the game ... why waste resourses when folks already have something they really like.
* None of the raid / heroic zones will be scaleable based on raid numbers or level. Takes just as much effort to do that as make all new zones.
* They would like to have a new character slot with expansion but can't promise since character slots are also tied into the Launcher and such which controlled by another division of SOE.
* Characters will not be sitting in chairs. The base code to scale body sizes and chair sizes just isn't there. Not like SWG where it was in there from day one.
* All avatars will be on the same timer like they are now (even if more are added).
* Rare item shinies for collections are not working out the way they wanted. Rares are too rare so probably won't repeat what they did on that with EoF for Kunark.
* If for some reason the Sarnaks are changed back to Neutral city, their class choices will be based off the Evil choices.
* One dev liked the idea of tintable furniture for rooms but tintable armor will never ever make it in game if he has any say

PVP:
* The topic of PvP came up and how to keep new folks joining the server from immediately getting slaughtered as they hit level 10 by the overpowered twinked level 14s with a billion AAs. Basically the dev said he was aware of the problem and is trying to think of ways to help such as making it easier to get purchased armor faster at lowest of levels and the AA cap was put in based on a players level. One thing he said they would NOT do was force players to level. Just not going to happen. Basically he said the PvP community needs to step up and protect the new folks.

Launcher:
* There will be a new launcher system that will replace the launchpad allowing you to easily launch any of the SOE games you own. There will also be background patching while you are not playing. So if you havent played for a while, when you log in, everything will be up to date (think of how MS Windows does the auto update thing). There will also be linking of ALL you friends lists (past and present) for all games allowing you to see who is online (even if on another game). You can go invisibile if you don't want to be seen online by your friends.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 08:49:06 AM by Murgos »

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #50 on: August 07, 2007, 12:39:41 PM

All of Freeport being one zone and all of Qeynos being one zone.  Not Freeport and Qeynos being the same zone.  They are currently 8-10 zones each (more acutally with the crafting zones and etc...) which makes moving around them pretty painful.
Duh. Sorry.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: August 07, 2007, 12:50:04 PM

What I wrote originally wasn't very clear.  My bad.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: August 08, 2007, 09:55:08 AM

PVP:
* The topic of PvP came up and how to keep new folks joining the server from immediately getting slaughtered as they hit level 10 by the overpowered twinked level 14s with a billion AAs. Basically the dev said he was aware of the problem and is trying to think of ways to help such as making it easier to get purchased armor faster at lowest of levels and the AA cap was put in based on a players level. One thing he said they would NOT do was force players to level. Just not going to happen. Basically he said the PvP community needs to step up and protect the new folks.

PvP in an MMO is bad.  PvP tacked onto a PvE MMO is worse.  I was in the PvP beta prior to live and shouted this and MANY other problems from the rooftops.  Noone heard a word that I had to say... not that I blame them. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 08, 2007, 10:51:37 AM

Looks like some interesting changes, may have to resub EQ2 soon enough.

Launcher:
* There will be a new launcher system that will replace the launchpad allowing you to easily launch any of the SOE games you own. There will also be background patching while you are not playing. So if you havent played for a while, when you log in, everything will be up to date (think of how MS Windows does the auto update thing). There will also be linking of ALL you friends lists (past and present) for all games allowing you to see who is online (even if on another game). You can go invisibile if you don't want to be seen online by your friends.

This is a strange one though, this is the exact same thing they announced last fan faire if I am not mistaken, must be one hell of a launcher.
Hartsman
Developers

Trion

Reply #54 on: August 08, 2007, 03:47:28 PM

This is a strange one though, this is the exact same thing they announced last fan faire if I am not mistaken, must be one hell of a launcher.

Internally, the rumor is that it fires gnomes.

No lie.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #55 on: August 08, 2007, 04:44:28 PM

/punt  :-D

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: August 08, 2007, 04:50:06 PM

NO! Not the gnomes!

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: August 09, 2007, 07:51:20 AM

Bring back the fetuspult, bitches!

Or...don't.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #58 on: August 10, 2007, 07:34:34 AM

Basically he said the PvP community needs to step up and protect the new folks.

Never. Ever. Gonna fuckin' happen.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: August 10, 2007, 08:45:50 AM

The PvP community needs to step it up and leave EQ2 so we can quit worrying about how things affect PvP in a game that's overwhelmingly PvE.

I'll leave the raid part out of it, though it does suck to have just endured a pretty hefty nerf to solo play to make SKs more 'attractive' to raid parties. I hate that exclusive 'you don't bring enough to the table' mindset. I play games to have fun with people I like, if that means I have a party of five wizards and a necro, great. If that means two wizards and four paladins, great. If that means a party of 2 rangers, rogue, monk, paladin, shadowknight, great. All regular groups I used to play with in EQ1.

I guess I didn't leave the raid gripe out of it. I really fucking hate raid gameplay.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #60 on: August 28, 2007, 08:42:18 AM

Are there any in game screenshots of the Sarnaks out yet?  I tried looking around a bit but couldn't scrounge any up.

Also I think I remember someone saying you could level from 1-70 entirely in the new expansion (the fairy one) fairly easily, am I right about that?  And if so what is currently the fastest solo leveling class?
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: August 28, 2007, 10:21:49 AM

There are screenies of Sarnaks but there is a lot of confusion about them.  Apparently there were two models shown, one NPC Sarnaks and one PC Sarnaks and additionally the PC Sarnaks had different head/jaw styles.  There might be some pics in the Expansions forum on the official board but you will have go look as I am at work.

I think you can go from 1-70 without leaving the EOF areas but I'm not sure why you would want to do that as there is a lot of good content out there.

I'm not sure about fastest leveling.  Not sure if there is such a thing, pretty much every class levels pretty quickly if you just focus on exp grinding but, that's pretty boring IMO.  Maybe Warlock with all their AoE spells can grind out green/blue hordes with little downtime?

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #62 on: August 28, 2007, 10:27:34 AM

Questing is far and away the fastest way to level and quests are not class/race restricted 99% of the time other than the obvious alignment-based/faction-based conflicts.

I have never played WoW.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #63 on: August 28, 2007, 10:36:42 AM

From what I understand, the RoK content is 1-20 and 65-80.  Sarnak questlines will guide them to older zones.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: August 28, 2007, 11:25:15 AM

Questing is far and away the fastest way to level and quests are not class/race restricted 99% of the time other than the obvious alignment-based/faction-based conflicts.

Any class can do quest leveling though so, like I said, I think they all level pretty much equally when solo.  I've never been in any hurry to level but the time it takes to level is very dependent on the number quests available for where you are hunting.  Of course, you can always move to where there are more quests if where you are at is getting sparse.

If you really want to cheese level quickly you can run around naked and get high level zone exploration exp and then get some plat to buy collection quest components off the broker.  Then there is also getting someone high level to out-of-combat tank your mobs for you...

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: August 28, 2007, 11:31:04 AM

And if so what is currently the fastest solo leveling class?

Sort of depends on how much coin you have for twinkage. A properly upgraded conjuror or necro can solo incredibly well.

The other option are the melee dps classes who solo well regardless of upgrades. If you want more tank and a little less dps go Monk/Bruiser. If you want more DPS and less tank go Swash/Brigand. If you can afford the mastercrafted poisons, which really aren't all that expensive, you can nearly one-shot most solo mobs up to level 20 whenever the poisons trigger.

And I would disagree with Shiz, questing is NOT the fastest way to level if you're purely talking adventure level and not worried about AAs. Quests still don't provide enough exp for the amount of time you spend running around and are only worthwhile if the quest happens to be for the ideal mobs you should be hunting at a given level.

The fastest way to solo-level is still grinding on blue (near green) no arrow up or down mobs. Preferably in an area where there is a large spawn population. Decently upgraded up to level 50 you should be able to knock out a level in less than 45 minutes with vitality, scaling down the further below 50 you are, down to about 10 minutes per level up to level 20. Post 50 the curve changes dramatically.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 11:33:09 AM by UD_Delt »
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #66 on: August 28, 2007, 11:57:23 AM

But there are almost always quests to kill those same blue mobs you are grinding on, or at least mobs that are surrounded by those grind mobs. Every large outdoor zone in the game has a solo quest progression that is good for at least 3-5 levels of advancement from quest exp alone.

I have never played WoW.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: August 28, 2007, 01:12:17 PM

I can see it depending on the area.  If you can get a bunch of quests that you can do in one spot (and this does happen a lot) then you can do them all while grinding but if you keep having to run back to town to get an update or wander across two or three zones then yeah, the time spent traveling will put a severe crimp in your speed.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #68 on: August 28, 2007, 01:42:47 PM

I can see it depending on the area.  If you can get a bunch of quests that you can do in one spot (and this does happen a lot) then you can do them all while grinding but if you keep having to run back to town to get an update or wander across two or three zones then yeah, the time spent traveling will put a severe crimp in your speed.

Cannot disagree. This becomes less of a mystery with every new alt one tries.

I have never played WoW.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: October 17, 2007, 05:56:47 AM

The digital download link is up for Kunark. $40, includes the same junk you get in the store, and Kunark is a full all in one pack with all expansions AND all adventure packs.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Next Expansion: Rise of Kunark  
Jump to: