Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:10:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1947764 times)
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #665 on: May 21, 2007, 09:50:08 AM

In comedy news, one of the IAC corps (The Nest, wich ex-IAC check Diplomat Kaylana Si) was leaving the alliance when  Kaylana said in local "friendly cyno". 5 minutes later Outbreak opened a cyno for BoB who DD'd a IAC fleet that was camping Outbreak.

Much disgust from the rank and file of IAC, and the Nest got completely kicked out an hour later (though IAC leader Tyraxx let them leave without shooting or hard feelings).

And we all found out outbreak can call in a BoB titan if they look like they might get blobbed. Looks like they won't need to build one for pirating, they can call in BoB when needed.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #666 on: May 21, 2007, 10:58:39 AM

Hasn't Outbreak been helping Ushra'Khan against CVA?  Could it have been the Evoke Titan's DD?

Over and out.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #667 on: May 21, 2007, 11:46:08 AM

AFIAK UK has never raided Catch (least I've never seen them), and I'm pretty sure Orange Species was the pilot. It was not the ex-D2 Titan.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #668 on: May 21, 2007, 03:24:39 PM

It was Orange Species, and he'll pretty much go anywhere he can get killmail spam.  Hope he's getting frequent flyer miles, he's been bouncing all over the map since he got that thing.

In other news: Janus Drake tells ISD "Losing the war? What war?"  The Iraqi Information Minister was not available for comment.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #669 on: May 22, 2007, 02:00:29 AM

Orange Species will be the first player to lose a titan in combat, once the changes go live. He's also providing more fuel to the fire as to why titans need to be fixed. There was a pretty good summary made elsewhere about fighting BoB specifically, but it'll apply to all fleet combat sooner or later until CCP patches; paraphrased, it's something like "If you can't fly a capital ship, fly a frigate, interceptor, or interdictor. Anything else is a waste"

Speaking of D2's interview, their answers make more sense when you consider that their thought process was "ISD = CCP = BoB, so we're not going to give them a straight answer". Can't say that I blame them personally, with the bias that ISD have shown historically.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #670 on: May 22, 2007, 02:21:36 AM

Next drama fix: IRC (Interstellar Crossing? Something like that) apparently had three freighters ganked out from under them by BoB while fleeing...allegedly after bribing BoB with  a bunch of large towers in exchange for free passage out of Omist.

Personally, I'm somewhat skeptical - making deals for safe passage then breaking them without provocation is a quick way to make all your enemies fight to the last.

Edit : Intrepid Crossing, not Interstellar Crossing.

Are you trying to say BoB were the deal breakers? You are incorrect in that assumption.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #671 on: May 22, 2007, 02:43:57 AM

Yeah, that's about what I thought - hence the 'skeptical' part.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #672 on: May 22, 2007, 04:44:50 AM

Yeah, that's about what I thought - hence the 'skeptical' part.

My understanding is that they were supposed to leave 0.0 completely. Instead of leaving they got caught moving in with the goons. So they paid a high price for abusing BoB's kindness pity.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 04:47:12 AM by LC »
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #673 on: May 24, 2007, 07:52:45 AM

BoB and RISE destroyed a SERIOUS BUSINESS+RA fleet in 5XR last night.

A goon math wizard demonstrates his ability in local.

The RA reinforcements came in after i took those screenshots.

Battle Highlights:
- 100+ Goon and RA ships destroyed.
- Only 11 losses for our side. (BoB and RISE combined)
- I crashed and lost my gang bonus
- Only one person locked me.
- No capital ships were involved.
- Goons were using Serious Business ships.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 07:54:47 AM by LC »
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #674 on: May 24, 2007, 08:41:36 AM

You do know that a SERIOUS BUSINESS fitting essentially just means "Must have a MWD", right? rolleyes

Besides, like I said a few posts up, I'm beginning to agree with Hydrosan (someone shoot me) - either you're flying a capship, or you're flying a frig/inty/'dictor, or you might as well not show up.

The future of EVE combat, folks, brought to you by CCP's favourite alliance.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 08:44:05 AM by Simond »

dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #675 on: May 24, 2007, 01:39:46 PM

Well, the POS structure that prevents cynos will make it impossible to bring the cap ships in...
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #676 on: May 24, 2007, 01:43:32 PM

Rumor has it that D2 has completely collapsed, is retreating to NPC/empire and may fully dissolve.

True?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #677 on: May 25, 2007, 11:34:14 AM

Besides, like I said a few posts up, I'm beginning to agree with Hydrosan (someone shoot me) - either you're flying a capship, or you're flying a frig/inty/'dictor, or you might as well not show up.

Fuck, I haven't played since last July or August and I could have told you that.  It's part of the reason I stopped playing, none of the ships I liked/ could afford to fly were worthwhile.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #678 on: May 25, 2007, 01:05:59 PM

Well, there's a reason I went straight from BC's to Carriers/Dreads.  I have BS 5 on both characters, and I've never owned a BS (well, except as a commodity for resale).  At 75M fitted, a BC is disposable to me, at 200 a BS is not.  Although BS's are much cheaper to fit now that Invention has restored sanity to the T2 market.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Ratadm
Terracotta Army

Reply #679 on: May 25, 2007, 02:54:39 PM

T2 sniper isn't that bad now that 1400's are like 5mil instead of 14mil.  I know I've got a pest fitted and ready to go along with the fittings for 2 others if I ever get some decent playing time.  Although a hurricane is a lot cheaper obviously.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #680 on: May 25, 2007, 02:59:36 PM

T2 sniper isn't that bad now that 1400's are like 5mil instead of 14mil.  I know I've got a pest fitted and ready to go along with the fittings for 2 others if I ever get some decent playing time.  Although a hurricane is a lot cheaper obviously.
A cyno frigate is even cheaper, and will wreck a sniper fleet.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #681 on: May 25, 2007, 03:32:59 PM

News from the IAC/FIX front.

With our outposts now 3 jumps apart, combat is much more commen now.

An IAC carrier was doing something (syupid?) at the catch border gate and FIX attacked it. Call went out and there was a distressingly lack of FC"s getting any X's up. So I volunteered (always thought those 3 levels of Fleet command would do something one day) and just told everyone GET TO THE GATE. I should have said "GET TO THE CHOPPER" but I didn't think of that till afterwards.

No focued fire (there was a 2nd gang that was doing that), in true disorgainzed colation style we attacked and won the field. I got 2 (!) kill mails in my wolf (which I lost at the tail end of the fight). I think they lost 12, we lost 8, and they lost more money. But it was all very confusing and quite fun, lasted about 20 minutes in total. We saved the CV and held the field.

A good fight. Now as long as don't start attacking POS's or calling in each other allies Titan's, fighting between FIX and IAC looks like it might bring some fun into the game.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #682 on: May 25, 2007, 05:40:03 PM

I expect that long-term we're going to be skirmishing across the 49-U/4-07 line for forever.  It's unworkable for either of us to take and hold the territory on the other side of it.  And as long as nobody rolls out the dreads and POS, it can just be pew-pew.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #683 on: May 31, 2007, 04:14:47 AM

New Goon plan: Retreat to Scalding Pass, kill the FTZ, go back to blowing stuff up instead of trying to improve the game by introducing pubbies to 0.0. I almost feel sorry for whoever BoB decides to place in Detorid & Omist - especially Omist.

It all becomes moot when Rev 2 goes live anyway - territorial warfare is going to come to a screeching halt for all sides with the changes in that patch.

I'm training up for stealth bombers (and, eventually, recons) myself.
*cues up chiptune version of 'Das Boot' theme*

gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #684 on: May 31, 2007, 01:47:37 PM

I wish I had the time for 0.0.  I can pretty much fly anything minmatar, so I'd be an asset to some corp but the time requirements for pvp are just too intensive.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #685 on: May 31, 2007, 02:37:23 PM

You can always join a carebear renter corp.  I have a sneaking suspicion there will be openings in Querious soon, at very reasonable rates (like, if all you want is mining rights, free).  And most 0.0 corps have industrial operations that don't participate much, if at all, in the PvP (but you've got to be hardcore in a different way to pull your weight in those).

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #686 on: May 31, 2007, 04:02:21 PM

Incidentally, the EVE-O forum gag just got lifted.
Cry havoc, etc.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #687 on: June 03, 2007, 07:39:50 AM

severel threads, this is one of them, BOB lost a Mothership to a RA logonski attack at a BoB owned but ran-by-RA complex. It was an alt of DB Preacher, one of the most...despised/hated BoB posters.

Rumors circulate it died the same way the IAC Mothershiop died, seeing itself at a POS taking damage due to lag (the IAC MS did not get reinbursed. If CCP is stupid enough to reinburse the BoB MS for the same reason expect a dramabomb bigger than last week, so I can't imagine CCP would be that insane).

Goon/RA Morale up +1.

In unrelated news, Sir Molle asks if anyone wants to have goons as neighbours.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 07:43:38 AM by Comstar »

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #688 on: June 03, 2007, 12:34:39 PM

Remember when I said that Omist was a massive PITA to own due to the moon count?
Yeah.  evil

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #689 on: June 04, 2007, 01:58:02 PM

The sound of inevitability
From today, Dusk and Dawn [D2] is no longer an operative entity...

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #690 on: June 04, 2007, 02:15:41 PM

So whose left out of the 'real' alliances?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #691 on: June 04, 2007, 03:19:57 PM

So whose left out of the 'real' alliances?

BoB side:
 * BoB
 * MC
 * FIX
 * YouWhat
 * RISE
 * Xelas
 * lots of smaller alliances?

RAGOON:
 * RA
 * AAA
 * Goonswarm
 * TCF
 * IAC
 * KOS
 * Imperium something? I forget their exact name.

The North:
 * Morsus Mihi
 * RAZOR
 * Huh - I don't know the north so well.

I may be missing a few, but those are the major players that I can recall.
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #692 on: June 04, 2007, 04:01:02 PM

I'm torn cause I like FIX but I really really want BoB to lose.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #693 on: June 04, 2007, 05:05:03 PM

The North seems rightly boned now.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #694 on: June 04, 2007, 10:24:30 PM

Pure is also in the north.  That's pretty much the list, the non-territorial alliances that used to live up there have mostly wandered off by now, or cut their own deals.  Triumvirate has been pursuing a separate war against those three for the last month, how this will affect that, I don't know (Tri is not formally allied with BoB, MC and company have been careful to stay in a seperate theatre).  MC will do what the contractor (BoB) asks them to do, but most of the others that have been with them up until now would be uncomfortable in the same gangs with Tri (who started the war on the Coalition side attacking the south).  Possibly MC will add their weight behind Triumvirate, possibly they'll be recalled to the south to open a second axis of advance, possibly they'll do something else (very unlikely that BoB will simply have them join up with their own forces).

There's also the question of Fatal and Iron in the new regions (I believe Fatal has been sticking it out expecting to get BoB backing to return to the drone regions, and Iron has recently moved there).

One thing is for certain, for practical purposes the war in the north is over, even if Pure/Razor/Morus Mihi survive, they won't be looking to head south again for at least a year.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Terracotta Army

Reply #695 on: June 04, 2007, 10:29:26 PM

While I personally never liked D2 I like BOB even less and a 1 horse [dev] race cannot be a good thing for Eve

One wonders what will happen when the Devs err I mean BOB post on the forums that they won Eve?.........
Ratadm
Terracotta Army

Reply #696 on: June 04, 2007, 11:19:21 PM

Once BoB are happy with their progress/achievements against Goons/RA i suspect they set a lot of their current allies neutral and start shooting them for target practice.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #697 on: June 05, 2007, 01:13:50 AM

I'm not sure they've ever set the guys in the north to blue, actually.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #698 on: June 05, 2007, 01:58:46 AM

What, you think RISE, youwhat, GONAD et al. would even try to fight back against BoB, MC + friends?

They'll whine about how unfair it all is, how they never saw it coming, complain about how nobody is helping them, and then they'll run back to NPC space or empire.

If BoB wants a real fight after the Redswarm conflict grinds into a messy stalemate and they then claim 'mission accomplished', they'll have to declare against one of their longer-standing pets or hire MC against themselves, or something equally stupid.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 02:15:48 AM by Simond »

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #699 on: June 05, 2007, 01:17:43 PM

If BoB beats RedSwarm, the only real fight left for BoB would be with itself. None of the pets would be able to stand up to BoB and the MC is just to small in numbers to fight BoB and win.

Outside of some mythical "Let us gather every non-BoB capital pilot in EVE and somehow form a super alliance in secret based out of empire" BoB really will "win" EVE if Russians+Goons+Friends are defeated.

They will simply be to far ahead of everyone else, could make the argument they already are to far ahead of everyone else, probably a topic for another thread.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: