Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:55:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: EvE Devs play with BoB. Investigation in progress....New Scandal page 9! 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EvE Devs play with BoB. Investigation in progress....New Scandal page 9!  (Read 441138 times)
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #210 on: February 19, 2007, 01:08:23 PM

I believe he's also an engineer or otherwise in a technical position. Firing senior technical staff is often extremely difficult because it's likely that he has extremely intimate knowledge of many of CCP's technologies, and therefore is almost integral to day-to-day engineering - as a source of mentoring and knowledge if nothing else.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: February 19, 2007, 01:54:21 PM

And they'd have to change passwords and stuff...

rolleyes

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: March 01, 2007, 02:37:21 PM

Dramabomb, part whatever. (Link to Kugutsumen's board)

Allegedly, The Enslaver (LV/Shinra leader & Titan pilot) is GM Sunshine (known for hanging around in LV space and trying to ban Goons for fofofo-ing). Incidentally, The Enslaver all-but-quit playing in mid-late January...about when the t20 shit started hitting the fan.

Oh, and (what's left of) LV is allied with BoB.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Yoru

Reply #213 on: March 01, 2007, 02:53:05 PM

For those who don't remember the name GM Sunshine, he's the dude from the log where he demands Remedial prevent anyone from typing 'fofofo' in local after a battle as opposed to, you know, gagging them or something.

And then he more or less threatens to ban Remedial ("your actions will affect future decisions") if Goonfleet doesn't comply ("we would like you to stop this this instant").

rolleyes

However, speculation has changed: he may instead be GM Zhanius (based on employment times and behavior), while GM Sunshine may be someone else in LV.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 02:55:41 PM by Yoru »
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #214 on: March 01, 2007, 03:18:15 PM

I feel like I should be paying something since I am receiving so much enjoyment from these EvE drama bombs even though I don't play the game.

I imagine this won't be as dramarific since anyone still playing after the t20 stuff is apparently just fine with CCP employees cheating, taking over territory and destroying those who oppose them.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: March 01, 2007, 03:19:45 PM

Who is the Enslaver again? I know the name, but I do not remember why.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ratadm
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: March 01, 2007, 03:51:37 PM

A high up leader in LV.
TheDreamr
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: March 01, 2007, 03:54:12 PM

I imagine this won't be as dramarific since anyone still playing after the t20 stuff is apparently just fine with CCP employees cheating, taking over territory and destroying those who oppose them.

Over simplified a little, but you're right about the customers staying if they haven't already quit.

Ultimately CCP staff playing the game is a good thing, but you have to wonder how much drama (or more accurately bad press) needs to occur before CCP is forced to limit their staff to playing "everyday" roles rather than the high-profile roles which they seem to gravitate towards.

If you're looking for account cancellation type drama you wont find it here unless something major drops ... my prediction for that kind of drama is when they push mission content into low-sec and then proclaim they made low-sec "safer".  Someone's going home in tears and it's either going to be the mission runners with expensive cap ships, or it's going to be the pirates getting nerfed harder.

edit button addict.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: March 02, 2007, 01:21:45 AM

A high up leader in LV.

And titan pilot  shocked

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Evangolis
Contributor

Reply #219 on: March 02, 2007, 07:02:54 AM

So, is there anyone flying a titan who doesn't work for CCP?

"It was a difficult party" - an unexpected word combination from ex-Merry Prankster and author Robert Stone.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: March 02, 2007, 08:04:35 AM

I very much doubt Evil Thug works for CCP.  evil

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: March 02, 2007, 08:31:02 AM

There probably are a few pilots, and more will train, but it's very likely that the first few Titan pilots were CCP, because you kinda need to know in advance what the prerequisites for the skill are, in order to beat the masses.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: March 02, 2007, 08:52:51 AM

Why, there are plenty in LV alone!  Surely all the LV members sharing Chowdown's account against the terms of the EULA can't all be employed by CCP?  rolleyes

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: March 02, 2007, 09:18:36 AM

Enslaver became junor GM on January the fired. At that time he also resigned from all of his leadership duties in LV and offered to kill the account completely (which would be a shame).

I knew him during CA times and he is a really good chap. For all the mining he has done in his career, he probably bought that titan himself:D
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: March 02, 2007, 10:11:02 AM

At that time he also resigned from all of his leadership duties in LV and offered to kill the account completely (which would be a shame).

Well if he resigned and isn't in LV anymore, what's the point of keeping the account open?  So others can share / get access to it?  I understand it "would be a shame" to lose all those skillpoints, but characters get banned/lost all the time, and right now all these "it's such a shame" statements give the appearance that CCP cares more about their skillpoints and progress within the game than the health of the game itself or the perceptions of its entire playerbase.  I dunno, maybe it's just me, I've trashed 15mil SP characters and restarted without a second thought in the past, but to me they just seem more addicted to playing the stupid game than I'd consider normal.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #225 on: March 02, 2007, 10:51:52 AM

At that time he also resigned from all of his leadership duties in LV and offered to kill the account completely (which would be a shame).
So does that mean that somewhere in 0.0 there is a solitary Titan floating around without a corp mining asteroids, because I think that would be "splendid".
Evangolis
Contributor

Reply #226 on: March 02, 2007, 03:18:34 PM

January the fired?  Can I skip work that day?

"It was a difficult party" - an unexpected word combination from ex-Merry Prankster and author Robert Stone.
Mitrediabolo
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: March 02, 2007, 06:56:23 PM

Apparently it may not be GM sunshine but another GM forgot the name.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: March 03, 2007, 01:20:11 AM

So does that mean that somewhere in 0.0 there is a solitary Titan floating around without a corp mining asteroids, because I think that would be "splendid".

Nah, Kugutsemen revealed a post from the LV forums where it was made plain that Chowdown's account is used to pilot their titan, and that others share his account details to fly it when he is unavailable.  EULA-busting, but CCP would never dare do anything even if they were so inclined.

Edit: "Plane" is not "plain".
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 02:27:48 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #229 on: March 03, 2007, 05:36:49 AM

Well if he resigned and isn't in LV anymore, what's the point of keeping the account open?  So others can share / get access to it?
Perhaps so he could keep training skills on it, keep in touch with friends and get back to playing it eventually, if/when his work at CCP ends? 3 year old characters that have part in EVE history as alliance leaders etc aren't really that common.
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: March 03, 2007, 06:37:37 PM

I think it is odd that people get so upset about "losing" all those skill points. Can't CCP just rename the character, change the portrait, and revise the employment history? I'd be shocked if they couldn't.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: March 03, 2007, 09:26:57 PM

I think it is odd that people get so upset about "losing" all those skill points. Can't CCP just rename the character, change the portrait, and revise the employment history? I'd be shocked if they couldn't.
This is exactly what CCP does. People aren't upset about losing skillpoints, what they lose is the contact with friends they've possibly played with for years (because it's rather easy to figure out the person's identity on TS so the new cover would get blown quick) and the ability of their established character to be still part of the game events and history.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: March 04, 2007, 06:04:41 AM

Enslaver became junor GM on January the fired. At that time he also resigned from all of his leadership duties in LV and offered to kill the account completely (which would be a shame).
He's been seen very recently on the LV teamspeak rallying and organizing teams to attack.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: March 04, 2007, 07:22:24 AM

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=485327&page=5#140
I'm gonna tell you, what they dont want you to know...
But you deserve to know...

This is a tale of a BoB NYX class mothership in Molden Heath, The Mothership that today no longer roams there, the pilot that no longer has a job, or the ability to do what he did just 2 weeks ago in Molden Heath region which left everyone baffled. Thank you Kieron and CCP Internal Affairs for working so quickly to take note of the situation, I just wish the IA was there 2 months ago in Feythabolis. (NOTE: We know the identity of other CCP employees that plays the game and even though in-game they may be our mortal enemy, they choose to play the game honestly, outing their identity puts their character(s) in jeopardy according to CCP regulations which we think is a whack without a reason to do for us, but know this, we are watching you closely, dont slip).

Interesting.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 01:27:22 PM by Simond »

Yoru

Reply #234 on: March 04, 2007, 10:28:46 AM

Can someone translate that quote from Nettard to English?  rolleyes
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: March 04, 2007, 01:28:46 PM

A member of BoB was piloting a Nyx, and doing funny stuff with it (current rumour - covops cloak on it). The player is banned, and someone at CCP lost their job due to the actions of their Internal Affairs division.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: March 04, 2007, 02:23:38 PM

Are the two incidents confirmed to be related or are we just connecting the dots?

Wonder how many cheats there really are in this game :(

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #237 on: March 04, 2007, 03:22:49 PM

Were I in charge, I'd have loudly and publicly prohibited staff from playing the game, and then fired the shit out of anyone who didn't comply.  Sure GM Schlomo will miss pwning noobs with his guild buddies.  Fuck him, he works for me now.  He can quit if he doesn't like it.

Yeah, developers should have the insight into their game which comes from playing it.  Worry about that shit later, when things have calmed down and your credibility isn't going up in fucking flames right before your eyes.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: March 04, 2007, 03:52:26 PM

Are the two incidents confirmed to be related or are we just connecting the dots?
If I read right what's posted on other board, the pilot in question was in BoB recently for couple weeks. He was kicked from BoB corp because he'd rather continue his usual doings (pirating on his own in his personal mothership and scamming people) rather than participate in current BoB vs Everyone conflict.

The identity of the pilot had been previously connected to a CCP employee. When petitioned to CCP's internal affairs division, the person in question chose to quit the work at the company rather than have his exposed character undergo the usual rename etc treatment. Quite idiotic. so perhaps the game is better for everyone this way.

Of course CAOD section of EVE-O forums being the usual political cesspit, you'll have people focus first and foremost on the fact the moron in question was briefly allowed into BoB corp, so then they can mysteriously allude to said events in way that puts the in-game enemy in the worst possible light for these without knowledge what exactly it's all about.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #239 on: March 04, 2007, 04:00:22 PM

I'm gonna tell you, what they dont want you to know...
But you deserve to know...

This is a tale of a BoB NYX class mothership in Molden Heath, The Mothership that today no longer roams there, the pilot that no longer has a job, or the ability to do what he did just 2 weeks ago in Molden Heath region which left everyone baffled. Thank you Kieron and CCP Internal Affairs for working so quickly to take note of the situation, I just wish the IA was there 2 months ago in Feythabolis. (NOTE: We know the identity of other CCP employees that plays the game and even though in-game they may be our mortal enemy, they choose to play the game honestly, outing their identity puts their character(s) in jeopardy according to CCP regulations which we think is a whack without a reason to do for us, but know this, we are watching you closely, dont slip).
More reasons why CCP's developer identities policy is idiotic -- they are vulnerable to blackmail attempts and knowledge of their identities can be used to alter the game balance even when they aren't doing anything wrong gameplay-wise.
Evangolis
Contributor

Reply #240 on: March 04, 2007, 04:45:57 PM

Hmmm, I believe that this is the second time that WindUpAtheist has said something I agree with.  Mark your calenders.

Ratadm
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: March 04, 2007, 05:36:53 PM

I remember hearing about that pilot a couple weeks back from the sounds of it then he was blatantly doing something illegal at the time. 
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: March 05, 2007, 01:30:14 AM

Theyt shouldn't be able to take important roles in guilds/allainces/market.
Want to be pvp grunt, or regular mission runner - be my guest and maybe you'll realize how much lag and crappy loot sucks for vast majority of population.
On the other side, devs shouldn't give a shit about those weak blackmail attempts. If I would be them, I would pre-ban the idiot who tries it.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #243 on: March 05, 2007, 01:53:22 AM

Theyt shouldn't be able to take important roles in guilds/allainces/market.
Want to be pvp grunt, or regular mission runner - be my guest and maybe you'll realize how much lag and crappy loot sucks for vast majority of population.
On the other side, devs shouldn't give a shit about those weak blackmail attempts. If I would be them, I would pre-ban the idiot who tries it.
That doesn't protect the dev since the blackmailer(s) can still make it public which character the dev is playing which means bye bye dev character.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: March 11, 2007, 01:46:09 AM

Another Dramabomb

This is from Krugmans, evil hackers website, as posted to the Goonfleet public thread.

The head of CCP's Events Team was yet another member of BoB, this time in Evolution (at the top, there are many quotes from BoB saying no GM's are in with them).

Some of the quotes below are K's, some the Goonfleeter(?) who posted it. It's a bit confusing. Apologies for the multiple quouting, and the length.

-----------------------
http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?t=424 (LINK TO HACKER-OWNED SITE, DO NOT CLICK IF PARANOID)

quote:

Last week I outed Enslaver, and I posted about why I did this. A lot of you had a problem with how he was innocent and so forth, and there were many accusations of dramawhoring and being BoB alts, depending on which side of the conflict you are on. But the key point is this: nobody is innocent here. I have made mistakes, done things I shouldn't have (jokingly ask for a mothership/titan from BoB is one of them), and I can own up to that. Everyone with information and power eventually misuses it, either consciously or by accident, and that's just a part of human nature.

The specific reason I outed Enslaver was to test if Arkanon was up to his task, and he was not. But the reason I out GMs is because the game is rigged, and I intend to either unrig it little by little, or inform every single participant of where and how the game is rigged.

Gentlemen, allow me to introduce Nebulai, head of ISD and member of Evolution.
    http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...threadID=73945

quote:

Quote:
        Originally Posted by oldneb
        Hello Everyone,

Allow me to introduce myself - I'm Nebulai and I am the new Lead Events Producer for EVE.

Firstly I would like to wish Hobbes the best in whatever he chooses to do now, his effort and contributions to Aurora have been appreciated by all and he will be missed.

A little about myself - I was involved with the creation of the Aurora events team from its birth in the beta phases of EVE and stayed with it up until last year.

As with all changes in an environment, especially in terms of leadership things become unsettled. I would ask everyone to bear with us during this time of change and things will improve shortly.

We have some improvements on the way for Aurora, and events in general within EVE Once i've settled down a little another post will be forthcoming with more details - until then see you later!

Nebulai
        Lead Events Producer
        The Aurora Project

quote:

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Kieron
        Welcome aboard! Lots of interesting things are expected in the future from you and your team!

kieron
        Community Manager,
        EVE Online

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...5000&page=1#20

quote:

Quote:
        Originally Posted by oldneb
        All events performed (be them by CCP, or the events team) are intended to provide as wider sphere of participation over the player base as possible, however as I'm sure you will agree, 100 simultanous events cannot be run at the same time. To counter this, events are run on a continuing cycle, one may happen in system A at first, and then system B at a later date.

If you have any further questions relating to Events, I will be happy to answer them for you, however please lets keep the trolling, or the wild accusations out of this as it leads to a degredation in thread content.

Kind Regards,

Nebulai
        Senior Events Producer
        The Aurora Project
        Polaris

Let's put this in perspective:

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...47466&page=1#2

quote:

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Sir Molle
        After having being called exploiters and cheaters and god knows what else, I have stated a request to the GM staff, which they have granted.

I hope this is the final word on it.

These are questions that will be answered by the Senior GM;

1. Does Evolution have any DEV or GM in the corporation?

2. Have any Evolution ever been found guilty of a cheat or a exploit?

3. Have any Evolution ever recieved a warning about using a cheat or a exploit?

4. Have any Evolution ever been banned, temporary, or permanently?

Evolution have *always* prided itself in that we never cheat nor exploit, our standards are high.

If any Evolution were to be found exploiting or cheating they would be kicked out in a heartbeat.

Sincerely,

SirMolle, CEO Evolution

quote:

Quote:
        Originally Posted by GM Ender
        Senior Game Master Ender here.

I wish to express that I am merely stating facts here, not expressing any particular view, either positive or negative about Evolution or the way they play.

To answer the questions that have been posed.

1) Evolution does not have any Devs or GMs in the corporation.

2) To the best of my knowledge, no member of Evolution has been found guilty of a cheat or an exploit.

3) As far as I can tell (120 members after all), no Evolution members have ever received warnings about using cheats/exploits.

4) No Evolution members have been banned, temporarily or permanently.
        There has never been a good reason to believe anything CCP representatives say. Even more so, if they are talking about Band of Developers. One need only read up on the T20 incident to verify that. Well, to GM Ender's credit, he did say that in 2003. Perhaps Molle and BoB didn't start cheating until after that post.

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...46807&page=1#5

quote:

Quote:
        Originally Posted by M Hoshi
        Ono you caught us! Yes the entire player base of Evolution is full of GM's who have nothing better to do than cheat , sploit, make our ships uber armour and oh yeah, spawn magical never seen before modules to pwn you with ...

Gees, come up with something better o-0

quote:

Quote:
        First we're exploiters, then we're all gm's, and now we're exploiters again, weeee...

And Ywev, I know you love me really.

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...D=38375&page=3

quote:

Quote:
        You know your doing well in a game, when the people you are fighting against start posting frankly crap posts in an attempt to spread rumours in an attempt to undermine you - in a place they feel safe (forums?).

Please, by all means continue my friend, as long as *I* know that myself, or anyone else in evolution doesn't purposefully exploit, I couldn't relaly give a rats arse about what some person with more bark than bite says.

And on the note of this said GM 'informing you', Interesting indeed, consider this. Discussions between players and GM's are confidential, and in that respect conversations, or even those believed to be expoited would not be discussed with players - Come on, can't you think of anything else?

But who's M Hoshi???

quote:

Quote:
        Originally Posted by james_
        In Game Names:

M Hoshi
        Research Biatch
        Lovemuffin

quote:

Quote:
        Originally Posted by james_

Dear Mr GM
        Hello,

I would like the opinion of a senior GM on this tactic which I think is down right cowardly

Take for example, the newly created corp 'RUS Elite', which is an alt corp designed specifically for Creating an empire space war on Evolution (and two other corps - EV and techell I *think*).

Now, don't get me wrong - I'm all for empire space wars (we have several active) - however I find the concept that they can freely switch between RUS (to be safe from us in empire) and RUS Elite (when they want to fight) is cowardly, and possibly against the way the designers intend the game to be played.

I mean, they are basically getting the advantages of an empire space war, with none of the disadvantages. They can hit our non-pvp pilots in empire, however we can't hit theirs?

Could you comment on this and give me your insight?

Regards,

James Wilkins
        Shiva access for Evol

Quote:
        Freelance Forums > Evolution > Shiva access for you
        PDA

james_
        10-05-2004, 12:57
        http://myeve.eve-online.com/shiva.asp

Of you go, enjoy.

voodoo
        10-05-2004, 13:28
        yee haa
        Lan2
        10-05-2004, 13:59
        Managed to hit it.

Shiva Status for user *******
        pending
        requested on:
        2004.10.04 23:45:00
        Fear
        10-05-2004, 14:48
        Shiva Status for user Panzerxii
        access granted
        requested on:
        2004.10.05 00:35:00
        dew
        10-05-2004, 17:39
        Shiva Status for user Panzerxii
        access granted
        requested on:

wtf, i make a request 5 mins after you and im still pending

Shiva Status for user carnstickpendingrequested on:
        2004.10.05 00:40:00

hurts my feelings.
        Lan2
        10-05-2004, 17:48
        wtf, i make a request 5 mins after you and im still pending

Shiva Status for user carnstickpendingrequested on:
        2004.10.05 00:40:00

hurts my feelings.

And I made mine nearly an hour brefore his and still pending...

***edit****

Channel "Shiva"
        Super Schecter > I guess they are letting people on already
        Lan2 > well actually, the website still said pending...
        Lan2 > but I could log in... :/
        Lan2 > hope thats ok
        Super Schecter > hmm
        Super Schecter > yeah that's ok
        Lan2 > so, am I the first then?
        Super Schecter > First regular? I believe so, I haven't seen anyone else since now.

yea, 1st in baby.
        (and my status is still "pending")

Shiva looks awsome, unfortunally I couldn't spend much time in it, need to cram for an exam and get some sleep.

The mirror is from 7-28-2004 (looked the the corp wallet for the last date in it) So its a bit old... edit: might be different actually, I've got different dates in my wallets... its a few weeks old at least though.
        RinnyWee
        10-05-2004, 19:37
        Hmmm, prepare for job interview or check out Shiva? Okay, I'll have a wee peek.
        Fear
        10-05-2004, 23:24
        <-- evil I like editing things
        bubbles
        10-06-2004, 03:52
        we lub j00 nebs

Luc Boye
        10-06-2004, 04:36
        w00t I'm in
        Drunkenmaster
        10-06-2004, 04:57
        My account is active. Now I just gotta get the gently caress out of this office and get on the motherfucker.
        Reiisha
        10-06-2004, 08:35
        requested on:
        2004.10.05 01:08:00

Activated on:
        2004.10.05 16:04:00

weeeeeee
        Fear
        10-06-2004, 08:56
        oops i lied again

Shiva Status for user Panzerxiiactiverequested on:

Activated on:
        2004.10.05 16:03:00
        g45123
        10-06-2004, 16:19
        I'm in, but I didn't see much. I got stuck in free space while in autopilot, and now I can't do anything.
        It reminds me the first days in beta

Don't worry if you are not yet in, nothing fantastic is happening for now. It will be better in a few days.
        Sorte Slyngel
        10-06-2004, 22:33
        activerequested on:
        2004.10.05 08:07:00

Activated on:
        2004.10.06 09:08:00

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ <o> \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
        Leitari
        10-06-2004, 22:35
        would be nice for the next director that gets on to fix hangar access, Im still a biotch on that server
        Faramir
        10-06-2004, 22:44
        would be nice for the next director that gets on to fix hangar access, Im still a biotch on that server

Pending....

UPDATE:
        activerequested on:
        2004.10.05 07:16:00

Activated on:
        2004.10.06 09:07:00

So wait till I'm home from work.
        voodoo
        10-06-2004, 23:29
        Im in
        Be really cool if we get like an armageddon day in shiva maybe a whole week of armageddon to really use everything. That would rock, no?

CCP event / testing - EVOL only

quote:

Quote:
        Freelance Forums > Evolution > CCP event / testing - EVOL only
        PDA
        CCP event / testing - EVOL only

Molle
        11-15-2004, 13:23
        Thursday 1900 evetime.

Singularis testserver.

We will get special accts, maxed out training, and all gear you can dream of.

The objective is for POS attacks/defence, and a good training session for us.

Estimated timeframe; 2 hours.

Interested pilots, name yourselve here before wednesday.
        Bloodz
        11-15-2004, 13:24
        omfg javi's loving in!

omfg that time's loving gay rofl.
        BlueVelvet
        11-15-2004, 13:24
        o/
        Griffin
        11-15-2004, 13:25
        ME ME ME
        EveJunkie
        11-15-2004, 13:25
        me me me me me me me me me me .. oh and me! (EveJunkie)
        Jakal
        11-15-2004, 13:26
        me, i will be there.
        fisho
        11-15-2004, 13:26
        MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMMEMEME....i will love you forever molle!!! choose me!!
        WildCard
        11-15-2004, 13:43
        whenever I have a chance to kill EVOL, i'm always in!
        fitz
        11-15-2004, 13:45
        Aye i'm in for that.
        Gwenny
        11-15-2004, 13:52
        i would like to be part of that action
        Anla Shok
        11-15-2004, 14:24
        \o/
        RinnyWee
        11-15-2004, 14:24
        Yep I'll be there.
        Venom SGZ
        11-15-2004, 14:26
        Me please :eTom:
        nonsequitur
        11-15-2004, 14:43
        Count me in too... I can participate.
        DraizeTraiN
        11-15-2004, 14:45
        Yep me pls.
        dew
        11-15-2004, 19:33
        Please count me in as well. Thank you.

<3
        Thrak
        11-15-2004, 19:40
        jebus... lemme think about it :/

Ok, I just looked still got shiva build installed.

Man I feel naughty.
        Biz
        11-15-2004, 19:48
        moi
        Faramir
        11-15-2004, 19:49
        me (and genghis wants in too ;P)
        bubbles
        11-15-2004, 19:50
        me me me me me

can i have a super g0at too?

did i say ME
        Leitari
        count me in
        dynaglide
        im in, seems like a good reason to take off work
        ridock
        11-15-2004, 19:53
        I'll be working =\
        Drunkenmaster
        11-15-2004, 20:21
        Oh hell yes.
        Tosh
        11-15-2004, 20:30
        Uuuhh, party Huh

Count me in.
        Luc Boye
        11-15-2004, 20:30
        MEMEMEME
        Fear
        11-15-2004, 20:54
        mememe
        Ratking
        11-15-2004, 21:50
        It's prolly a trick to get as many as possible to strip mine, but i'm risking it.
        Ðiscorporation
        11-15-2004, 21:52
        cry

me?
        Sutts
        11-15-2004, 22:27
        sutty
        Pramas
        11-15-2004, 22:28
        Oo me me
        KoeShadowhawk
        11-15-2004, 22:33
        lets blow stuff up !
        EveJunkie
        11-15-2004, 22:48
        I think its time we scared the devs with our l337 POS pownage!

Humm actually..that may be counter productive they'll use the data from our test to balance the POS and they'll be nigh on indestructable for thoese non-evol mortals.
        bubbles
        11-15-2004, 23:45
        i think thoose 10 tempests i have in yulai maybe be in use

also plenty scimatars

lets just out range em!

can u say apoc with 300km optimal?
        Revolution
        11-16-2004, 00:34
        i be keen
        DArth Maul
        11-16-2004, 01:31
        Id like a piece of that action..
        Kamel
        11-16-2004, 01:33
        oh cool, an event what i can be in.

I just need an imperial apoc + Luther Veron's Modified Tachyon Beam Laser + 2xVizan's Modified Heat Sink + 1xDraclira's Modified Large Armor Repairer and some Cormack's Modified Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane. k thnks im rdy to test watever you like now
        Lianhaun
        11-16-2004, 01:36
        Guess Disco will be playing instead of me :s
        You owe me now
        TWD
        11-16-2004, 02:18
        I'll be there
        FlatLiner
        11-16-2004, 02:23
        Count me in

Flatliner.
        Dukath
        11-16-2004, 08:02
        dukkie wants to be in,

Lets test lag with all my drones out
        dstroy
        11-16-2004, 09:14
        I'm game. Just have 8 hours work before that :P
        AsaR
        11-16-2004, 09:19
        poo poo 3 pages before i get in AsaR WANTS TO PLAY

ASAR

ASAR

ASAR

ASAR

ASAR

ASAR
        Ðiscorporation
        11-16-2004, 11:08
        Long range pos defenses + Citadel Torpedoes = pwnz us

Scimitars + Gankageddons + logistics = way to win
        Deathwing
        11-16-2004, 11:37
        gonna be a bit late prob from work
        but sign me up
        Sin X
        11-16-2004, 11:45
        I'm in (sin). \o/ that rocks :-D
        Quar
        11-16-2004, 12:42
        ill be stuck at work
        CptUnreal
        11-16-2004, 12:44
        I think I have Quar's Problem - bad timing....
        Ratking
        11-16-2004, 14:05
        So... You are a dev after all, Molle...
        Un1CroN
        11-16-2004, 14:36
        oooooh .0/ i be game for a taste of that =]
        Gordyc
        11-16-2004, 15:42
        Oropendia will go
        Arkaine
        11-16-2004, 18:54
        I guess i'll install eve for this
        voodoo
        11-16-2004, 20:27
        got time if i can be 30 min late -)
        Fattus
        11-16-2004, 21:17
        Sweet, I'm game.
        Zeus
        11-16-2004, 22:36
        Count me in :eTom:
        bubbles
        11-16-2004, 23:14
        did i say ME ME ME ?
        Molle
        11-17-2004, 12:35
        Thursday 1900.

48 pilots signed up from EVOL.

We will get a list of 50 accts to use, and i will distribute them (all superchars).

Exact testing routing and what we need to do, will be announced, but, we will mostlikely be teh nasty attackers on a WELL setup POS and most likely there will be some NASTY devs there as well pwning us, so... prepare to die... lots.
        Ðiscorporation
        11-17-2004, 12:51
        whee death
        Dukath
        11-17-2004, 12:52
        I'd say grab at LEAST one covert ops to scout it out well before the rest decides what ships to grab
        Ðiscorporation
        11-17-2004, 13:03
        Imperial gankagedon angry
        ProphetGuru
        11-17-2004, 13:20
        I'll be at work ofc. I hereby request fraps and screenies.
        Ðiscorporation
        11-17-2004, 13:29
        Fraps would be a good idea!
        Sin X
        11-17-2004, 14:21
        been having some issues with fraps lately but i will try and get some.
        Finitos
        11-17-2004, 15:18
        Dunno if im too late to yell i want in, but ill definatley be there tomorrow at 1900 :eTom:
        Thrak
        11-17-2004, 15:41
        48 Federate Megathrons with 7 T2 Neutrons, 1 T2 large armour transferrer each and T2 ammo :P

all warping in 10 km from the first sentry gun... pop pop pop.
        Ðiscorporation
        11-17-2004, 16:05
        - Take out the tower and you can shoot defenses w/o problems (not sure if they still fire)
        - Pop launchers first, they are spammy

I'm not sure if it'd be more efficient to shoot the defenses first, or the guardian ships. We're almost sure to lose if they are using dampening scorps (coz they force you to get close, bringing you into Citadel range).
        Kamel
        11-17-2004, 16:27
        why not just set 1 bs with named long range guns and full of dam mod suported by 2 scorpions wirth traking enhancers so we can kill them at 200 km?
        Ðiscorporation
        11-17-2004, 16:35
        coz they'll shoot you at 200 km.

The large artillery turret has an 180km optimal range, if I read the Ev-I obj explorer correctly. With a damage mod of 90.

0-o

http://www.eve-i.com/home/crowley_de...rer.php?id=821

^ Shiva obj. explorer
        Blackblade
        11-17-2004, 22:08
        i will be there, if there is still room. :cheesy:
        Luc Boye
        11-17-2004, 22:34
        wtf dmg mod of 90? and Xlarge ammo?

Ok, it has lock time like a BS, and sensor strength of 20, so cycle jam 2-3 of them?
        Ðiscorporation
        11-17-2004, 22:40
        Can't be targeted, they're in the forcefield.

You can only target the forcefield if it's active, nothig inside it
        Hackett
        11-18-2004, 09:28
        I may be able to make this one, if I dont get stuck at work again. Dont worry tho if no space.

ME!
        DraizeTraiN
        11-18-2004, 10:24
        I think im gonna be forced to miss this due to patch crap bollox. My Shiva version is `stuck' on a build with no obvious linking patch to bring it up to date.
        I know I could scrap the whole thing and re-copy my TQ folder but I dont think i'm gonna have enough time from when I get home from work and the start of the testing session...

AARRGGHHHHH!!!! I COULD loving THROTTLE SOME1 COS OF THIS!!!! *insert extreme anger/violence smilie*
        Ratking
        11-18-2004, 10:47
        Where to download the Shiva client? I get a:

The stream could not be read, I said MORE Minmatar labour workers ... not LESS

When accessing the Shiva testcenter.
        DraizeTraiN
        11-18-2004, 11:05
        http://www.eve-online.com/patches/testpatches.asp
        jim bond
        11-18-2004, 11:22
        Thursday 1900.

48 pilots signed up from EVOL.

We will get a list of 50 accts to use, and i will distribute them (all superchars).

Exact testing routing and what we need to do, will be announced, but, we will mostlikely be teh nasty attackers on a WELL setup POS and most likely there will be some NASTY devs there as well pwning us, so... prepare to die... lots.

At least ccp acknowledge the pawning power of Evolution
        Hackett
        11-18-2004, 11:38
        Ok. Lets for one minute pretend that I only know how to turn on my pc and launch eve and am not a total technophobe old git. So what do I do to load up this thingy?

Just pretending of course...
        DraizeTraiN
        11-18-2004, 12:12
        Ok. Lets for one minute pretend that I only know how to turn on my pc and launch eve and am not a total technophobe old git. So what do I do to load up this thingy?
        Make a copy of ur EVE folder*, rename it Shiva or whatever u like. Create shortcut etc.

*to speed up the process delete all the chat logs, screenies etc from within ur EVE folder before copying.

Then patch up ur Shiva folder with the patches found here:-

http://www.eve-online.com/patches/testpatches.asp

...this is where u will hit a brick wall, if i'm reading it right
        Hackett
        11-18-2004, 12:53
        Tnx m8

Proof that James_ is Nebulai...

Have you noticed bubble's reply to James offering exclusive Shiva access?

quote:

Quote:
        Originally Posted by bubbles
        we lub j00 nebs

Okay this is a bit weak proof, here is another quote:

quote:

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lyrics
        Because I was over worked and had bosses that didnt really want me doing event stuff at all (wich eventualy resulted in me leaving the GM department) I soon started to delegate all this work to James_ who handled the job perfectly and soon after became a part of the event department.
        In 2003 when James first left the event team he actually signed his post on Evol as Neb. He came back to the event team in 2004 and not long after started giving all kinds of privileges to his buddies in Evol.

quote:

Quote:
        Originally Posted by James_
        Bye and thanks for the fun
        Heya Guys,

Many of you will know I recently left my volunteer position within EVE due to not agreeing with the naive-ness of CCP. This morning, I am told by the GM's that they have disabled my player account (dead/inactive can't be used), and they won't fix my player chars until I provide a CC number for them to charge for the account.

This is just disgusting, and basically - I'm not going too. I might come back in a few months, who knows - but as it stands EVE = teh lovely for me.

You guys have been great, all the way through beta and into release, don't think I've ever had so much fun with a group in an online game.

Cya Around

James / Neb.

The following post got us really confused for a bit and at first we thought james was kieron.

Account I gave to someone

quote:

Quote:
        James_
        04-06-2004, 19:21
        Someone.. I gave an account (username: kieron) in evolution, my gut feeling says ProphetGuru.. Could that person step forward and confirm it?

I need to talk to you about this particular account.
        Ðiscorporation
        04-06-2004, 20:34

0-o

ProphetGuru
        04-06-2004, 22:29

It was me. I have however since given this account over to nons...... just to complicate matters

james_
        04-06-2004, 22:32

k then NONS?

frstkor13
        04-06-2004, 23:00

nons gave it to me, and i in turn gave it to bansh, who decided that wyakin needed to play eve with us as well.

Shamrock
        04-07-2004, 00:01

wow, we have a whore account going around ?

WHEN DO I GET MY TURN?

Lianhaun
        04-07-2004, 12:45

I also want to play with kieron

damnit, we actually have a CCP peron in our corp

nonsequitur
        04-07-2004, 12:51

I still have Kieron's old account, but it has Rikeon on it, and that represents a large investment of both mine and Prophets time and cash. (: so, is ye'ol kieron looking to get his namesake back? I'll hit you up in IRC asap.
        Click image for larger version Name: rikeon.PNG Views: 31 Size: 125.0 KB ID: 187

Note: nonsequitur still plays Kieron's old alt as of today.

Hey remember how bob was screaming about all the information was super old and from 2004? GUESS WHEN NEBULAI JOINED THE EVENT TEAM.

James_ still has access as of today to the private section of the Evolution forums:
    http://www.eve-evol.com/forums/showgroups.php

tl;dr: Head of ISD, the "event GMs" of EVE, is in one of BoB's most influential corporations - Evolution. He's been giving BoB special treatment, giving them superchars on the test server - something NOBODY has access to - and the ability to have wargames with the developers and learn all of the tricks right from the developers themselves. Plus possible event botching/fixing, and god knows what. Might all be hot air, but judging from these logs, it looks like he's legit.

quote:

The following two emails are from ISD's internal email exchange.

Email dated March 6th, 2007:

quote:

Hi all,

I would like to announce that Aporat is no longer with ISD.

He was the subject of an investigation by CCP’s internal IA team and CCP have decided to remove him from ISD.

Unfortunately I have no further details than this, so I’m unable to tell you anything further on this matter.

I would like to add, I still consider Aporat a good friend and stand by him, so please don’t think any less of him.

Kind Regards,

Nebulai

Email dated March 8th, 2007:

quote:

Hi guys,

I feel the time has come for me to step down as the VA of the events
    program. I’m no longer putting the effort into the program it either
    deserves or requires. I’m not happy to take a back seat in a position that
    requires someone who is motivated and willing to put in the effort. With
    recent transpires, both in my personal life and within EVE and ISD I need to
    refocus my time into other avenues that are less stressful.

I feel I’ve done a lot for Aurora and I’m perfectly happy leaving it within
    Galen’s more than capable hands to lead Aurora onto the next stage of its
    development and furtherment within EVE.

I thank you all, and CCP for the last few (4!) years and I hope my time and
    effort into the program has been recognised and appreciated. I’ve made many
    friends and I appreciate everything you’ve done - I wish you all the best
    for the future. Please pass on my thanks to the people at CCP that have put
    up with myself even during my irate times and helped further the goals of
    Aurora, these include Nathan, Gauti, Ginger, Wrangler and of course yourself
    Kieron.

With your blessings, I will leave the volunteer within four weeks (being 8th
    April), allowing ample time for loose ends to be wrapped up.

Galen – you’ve been a great co-lead to the team, you know you have my
    eternal thanks and I’m sure you’ll do wonderful things with the team. You
    have my utmost faith your right for the job.

Kind Regards,

Neb.

There exists the possibility that Nebulai quit before CCP discovered his involvement in EVOL so he could avoid being found out, yet was too late to actually avoid this.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: EvE Devs play with BoB. Investigation in progress....New Scandal page 9!  
Jump to: