Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:12:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: E for All: E3 Oct 2007 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: E for All: E3 Oct 2007  (Read 12730 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: January 06, 2007, 04:58:02 AM

New Interactive Entertainment Event Announces Name: ''Entertainment for All Expo'' (E for All) The Entertainment Show that's for Everyone

Officially endorsed by ESA. Basically reads like the other half of the old E3, the new one for industry only (still in two separate buildings though, odd that). So E3 business in May, E3 consumer in October.

"E for All Expo" will offer consumers the opportunity to test-drive the latest in games and gadgetry, as well as purchase products they enjoyed over the course of the 3-day event at on-site retail facilities. Additional attractions are in the works, including high-profile videogame tournaments; job fair/networking opportunities; family-friendly offerings; and the acclaimed Video Games Live concert. The Expo will also take advantage of soon-to-be-expanded LA Live area adjoining the LA Convention Center and Staples Center.

Between AGC, GDC, CES, SIGGRAPH, Comiccon, GenCon and so on, we're almost at a convention a month. E3 was good as THE one show (for consumers and fans ;) ). But also because it allowed other shows their unique identity. Now everyone seems to be vying to be the one place for broader activities. That gets expensive and risky for companies. Few can support them all and nobody wants to make the wrong choice.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 02:14:07 PM

Yea, E for All sounds like the worst goddamn thing EVER. Worse, they'll probably do more big reveals there than at the official E3.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 02:17:39 PM

So now game companies are going to grind to a halt to try to throw together an E3 demo twice a year instead of once a year?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 03:16:44 PM

3 times for many japanese companies! Go go Tokyo Gameshow!
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 07:50:41 PM

I hope it sucks wind solely because the convention's name is some wordplay for "free for all."  I am guessing, however, that it has nothing to do with either free admission or Ted Nugent.  There'd better be permissive "press" access or the Nuge at this thing, dammit.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 04:39:12 AM

Am I right in thinking that it was decided to cut out the froth and nonsense of E3 and then, once that decision was made, someone else decided to host nothing but the froth and nonsense and call it something else ?

undecided

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 08:51:01 AM

Should be called "Entertainivus: entertainment for the rest of us", complete with aluminum pole and an Airing of Grievances.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 11:39:51 AM

With a feat of strength contest involving shooting fanboys.
WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 12:12:54 PM

With their average size, you could probably get most of them from orbit.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 10:19:53 AM

So, me and the boys have been talking.

This show will more then likely be Terrible™.

No Sony or Microsoft. No SOE, no NCSoft. No Sega.

At least we have EA and Fatal1ty, right guys?

...guys?

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 10:41:01 AM

I'm not taking 2 days off work to go look at Madden 200n+1. And the lack of Sony means no Sony Party.

Edit: Correction. Not taking 2 days off work to go try to look at Madden 200n+1 but fail to do so because the entire booth is surrounded by XBox Livetards and knee-high pantswetting wee kiddies whose mommies decided that sending them to E4All is a good way to get them to shut up and leave the house for a few days.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 10:43:46 AM by Yoru »
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 10:52:10 AM

Consumer game expo just before (or during) the holiday season seems like a no-brainer though.  What would be better for selling games than a week or so of pure hype covered by every rag and blogger?

Followed, of course, by massive disappointment as every year the most hyped games fail to launch.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 12:39:33 PM

Except that the glut starts in late September and is already half-over by the time late October hits. The remaining big date after that being the week of Thanksgiving.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 06:05:39 PM

Anyone else go to this? It was more mellow than E3 that's for sure. You could actually walk more than two steps without running into anyone.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: E for All: E3 Oct 2007  
Jump to: