Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:50:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: IRC channel - irc.esper.net #f13.net 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IRC channel - irc.esper.net #f13.net  (Read 18412 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 04:17:19 PM

What possessed you to bump this?
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 04:18:12 PM

I'm in channel wondering where everyone is.

I thought I made that clear.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 04:41:49 PM

Well, now that we're here we should have a chat about IRC.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 04:48:39 PM

TinyFugue is a terrible IRC client.  I need to find a MUSH to connect to justify keeping it installed.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 05:22:05 PM

I dunno, I don't drink as much as I used to and fear it will make things less exciting.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 08:47:17 PM

And now that I'm a blogger and on Facebook, I don't even have time to play games anymore.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 08:48:07 PM

And now that I'm a blogger and on Facebook, I don't even have time to play games anymore.

Facebook really isn't worth the effort though, and you know it. It should be called Desperate Stalkerbook. Because 9 times out of 10, it's people stalking other people.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #42 on: January 08, 2009, 12:15:17 AM

Because 9 times out of 10, it's people stalking other people.
I spend an hour every morning staring at your profile thinking "I LOVE HIS FACE"

Also, VD.. you're on facebook?! BFF!
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 06:19:09 AM

sidereal you made me log in.  I had to dig up mIRC for this.  Bastard.  I forgot to read the date on the original post. 
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #44 on: January 08, 2009, 06:40:02 AM

Speaking of not playing games, IRC, face cream and blogs - I'll be trying your front page soup for dinner next week sometime. 

MMM MMM- GOOD!

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #45 on: January 08, 2009, 09:18:06 AM

I tried to facestalk Signe, but somehow ended up in Denmark. The fuck?

Nixel, if you look in schild's friend list you can find me there. It's easiest that way.

I use it to promote my blog. I get a little traffic from it, and that equals sweet, sweet ad revenue in my PayPal!

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #46 on: January 08, 2009, 09:44:27 AM

I'm so boring I never even had a My Space thingy let alone a fancy shmancy Facebook thingy.  Signe is a popular name in Denmark for some reason.  Well, as popular as a dumbass name like Signe can be. 

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: January 08, 2009, 09:47:44 AM

I tried to facestalk Signe, but somehow ended up in Denmark. The fuck?

Nixel, if you look in schild's friend list you can find me there. It's easiest that way.

I use it to promote my blog. I get a little traffic from it, and that equals sweet, sweet ad revenue in my PayPal!

She's also the only girl in the F13 group, unlike schild, who hasn't joined yet.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: January 08, 2009, 09:47:59 AM

You silly kids and your interweb fun toys.  

I've never understood the point of MySpace and Facebook.  Then again, I got my first cell phone less than a year ago.  

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #49 on: January 08, 2009, 09:48:20 AM

I deleted my myspace page, thank god.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #50 on: January 08, 2009, 09:53:58 AM

I still don't have a cell phone.  HA!   Ohhhhh, I see.

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #51 on: January 08, 2009, 10:56:46 AM

I enjoy randomly seeing who got fat. It's like attending a reunion without having to interact with anyone.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #52 on: January 08, 2009, 11:07:00 AM

Facebook really isn't worth the effort though, and you know it. It should be called Desperate Stalkerbook. Because 9 times out of 10, it's people stalking other people.

Werd.  If I haven't talked to someone for more than 15-20 YEARS than there probably is a reason. i.e. WE HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON.

Sorry, I really hate stalkers and tend of overreact (although that usually is the best course of action).

And I don't think I should IRC from work.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #53 on: January 08, 2009, 11:44:59 AM

I'm so boring I never even had a My Space thingy let alone a fancy shmancy Facebook thingy.  Signe is a popular name in Denmark for some reason.  Well, as popular as a dumbass name like Signe can be. 
It's a name used in Norway too! In fact, there are 6309 women in Norway who have Signe as their (first) first-name. Also, there are 3, 2, 1 or 0 men named Signe in Norway.

I miss IRC. Once upon a time I ran an IRC channel where upwards of 70 people from my local community idled every day. Having 70 people idling on my MSN list just doesn't feel the same. *sad*

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #54 on: January 08, 2009, 11:50:05 AM

sidereal you made me log in.  I had to dig up mIRC for this.  Bastard.  I forgot to read the date on the original post. 

MUAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA!

I don't mind Facebook and actually find it useful, but it's only borderline useful until they support better organizing people into groups, like:

1) People who I went to high school with that I barely remember but who validate themselves by friending everyone they've ever known, and I accept because (like voodoolily) I want to see how fat and/or full of children they've gotten.

2) People who I used to work with and who are apparently trying to maximize their job prospects by adding every coworker they've ever had.  I usually ignore these but add a few that I got along with

3) People who I used to be friends with and liked a lot but moved somewhere and we drifted apart like in a Whitesnake song

4) People who are my friends right now

I don't want anybody in 1-2 and maybe 3 to know what I'm doing right now.  I don't give a fuck what people in 1-2 are doing right now.  I don't give a fuck what people in 3 are doing right now if it's local (yay, you're going to a bar 8,000 miles away from me.  glad I know).  I don't want to read essays from people in 4).  I talk to them daily anyway.  Turning everyone I know, known, and/or am marginally interested in into a giant bucket of interaction is dumb.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #55 on: January 08, 2009, 11:54:15 AM

I enjoy randomly seeing who got fat. It's like attending a reunion without having to interact with anyone.

This is what Facebook is for.  Anonymous smug.  Seeing how enormous/bald/wrinkly your old pals are.  Makes your current prunelike/fatty/hairless life more tolerable.  Facebook Friends are not friends, necessarily, but rather a loose grouping of people you would like to keep tabs on or who you hope will keep tabs on you.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 08, 2009, 12:11:25 PM

I like facebook.  I don't get anonymous people screaming at me with spam, and I only have friends I interact with.  It's kinda fun sometimes.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #57 on: January 08, 2009, 02:07:39 PM

It's a name used in Norway too! In fact, there are 6309 women in Norway who have Signe as their (first) first-name. Also, there are 3, 2, 1 or 0 men named Signe in Norway.

It's true.  I know this because it's where I got my name.  You know a lot of women!

sidereal
Contributor

Reply #58 on: January 08, 2009, 02:13:32 PM

It's a name used in Norway too! In fact, there are 6309 women in Norway who have Signe as their (first) first-name.

That's some serious stalking.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #59 on: January 08, 2009, 02:22:09 PM

That f13 FB group sucks: I am the only one immediately recognizable. Everyone else, creator included, is undercover!

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #60 on: January 08, 2009, 04:03:20 PM

FB is a game for people who like collecting friend's tokens  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?   

And yeah, FB nothing to do with real friends.  I keep mostly old work colleagues and a few RL friends and family members.  But that's it.  FB is a stalker-palooza.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #61 on: January 08, 2009, 04:14:36 PM

You also haven't updated your blog in over a year. Poser.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #62 on: January 09, 2009, 04:24:28 AM

I hardly know anyone on facebook. More stalkworthy people on myspace.. but that's boring. Half of the people on my friends list are people from here.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #63 on: January 09, 2009, 08:09:36 AM

Myspace is a pit of bad webdesign and people with horrible taste in colors.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #64 on: January 09, 2009, 08:21:58 AM

They actually upgraded their design (err, well, it was an option) before I deleted my profile. A lot cleaner (no matter the colors), and all of the sections were widget/drag and drop based.

When I first joined the facebook, I liked their design. And then like the next day, they upgraded it to something shitty.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #65 on: January 09, 2009, 08:47:27 AM

That f13 FB group sucks: I am the only one immediately recognizable. Everyone else, creator included, is undercover!

I'm not undercover, you Beverly-drinking dork.  Just click on some shit!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: January 09, 2009, 08:50:52 AM

I'm easy to spot on there.

Ravens jersey and baby.   Though I should update that pic now - she has much more hair these days.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: January 09, 2009, 09:02:47 AM

My pics a picture of me, I just happen to be underwater. You'd easily recognise me from it if you bumped into me there awesome, for real

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #68 on: January 09, 2009, 09:06:41 AM

I am a Garbage Pail Kid.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #69 on: January 09, 2009, 09:36:45 AM

I am a Garbage Pail Kid.

We know this, but why are you not in the F13 group?  We are all being emo in there.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: IRC channel - irc.esper.net #f13.net  
Jump to: