Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:13:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer trailer 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer trailer  (Read 22853 times)
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: May 04, 2007, 12:27:08 AM

Or, you could say "here, try these on."

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 06, 2007, 04:57:08 PM

Galactus looked pretty ridiculous even in the comics.

"But you CAN'T eat the Earth.  Its where I keep all my Stuff!"

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Sir Fodder
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: May 15, 2007, 06:30:38 PM

Giggly-cute Jessica Alba as the demure, shy, and intelligent Sue Storm is a horrible casting decision. Her lips look jacked full of collagen in that eyglasses shot, still hot but the stupidity is a turn off.

What? Not my Galactus, newbies.

Galactus as hive swarm? What?!? Why don't those fuckers just make up their own damn IPs to whore their corporate-crass wares.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #38 on: May 15, 2007, 07:36:09 PM

What? Not my Galactus, newbies.

Dude's got wings twice the size of his head flaring off of his helmet.  I mark that down as 'goofy as fuck' at the very least.   What do they do, help him steer in the vacuum of space?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sir Fodder
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 15, 2007, 07:41:55 PM

Oww, I thought the wings were kool  cry , but but.. he's huge! Really big and scary!
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #40 on: May 16, 2007, 06:24:58 AM

Man, I like Galactus just as much as any fan (and my favorite comic was the Surfer, as I've pointed out plenty of times), but this is one of those cases where I don't mind the liberty they've taken with it. I mean, comic books transferred to live action is already a goofy idea to begin with. Having an accurate representation of Galactus would tip these movies over into Power Rangers level of goofiness. Best to try what you can to prevent that.

I see it in the same light as I when they gave the movie versions of the X-Men black leather and other believable apparel, instead of colored tights.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:26:35 AM by Stray »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 16, 2007, 06:26:26 AM

Yeah, she does look weird. The contacts especially.
She doesn't look quite so hot when's she in costume with her "flat" hairstyle (click for larger image):

though she doesn't look too bad when she's wearing normal clothes:

Here she looks much better with her hair up:

and she's especially hot when she's wearing glasses :-D:

And yes the blue contacts don't look good on her:

Sigh.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #42 on: May 17, 2007, 06:10:54 AM

Just to put things in perspective.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 17, 2007, 06:30:22 AM

In what way ?

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #44 on: May 17, 2007, 07:12:06 AM

In a way that illustrates that one can still be picky, even with Jessica Alba.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 17, 2007, 07:17:48 AM

Not sure I agree.  She's younger there and it's a bad picture, but she still closely resembles a filthy wee tart that'd do the business.

I see no change in my stance forthcoming.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #46 on: May 17, 2007, 07:21:47 AM

Fair enough. As for me, I think she's rockin' with her normal hair and eyes. Can't say quite the same otherwise. Hollywood needs to leave her alone.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: May 17, 2007, 07:27:04 AM

Indeed.  She can, however, take shelter in my bed.

I'm kind that way.

(What ?  This thread is about some film ?  Where's the fun in that ?)

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 17, 2007, 09:10:11 AM

So much better (and I'm not even in to her).

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #49 on: May 17, 2007, 02:50:15 PM

The platinum blonde hair makes her look a bit jaundiced.  It's like they told her, "stay out of the sun so you look caucasian."  That's really the only problem I've got with her.   Hell, if Reed Richards can be a stuffy English ship Captain, why can't Sue Storm (and her brother) be Hispanic?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #50 on: May 17, 2007, 03:05:37 PM

I would have rather had them sticking with Alba's natural look, while getting someone to play Johnny to match her Sue.

Nothing wrong with Richards being a Brit. Dropping accents is easy and not so extreme.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #51 on: May 18, 2007, 04:01:31 PM

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #52 on: May 22, 2007, 09:16:25 AM

Have you people heard the Surfer talk?  This movie has suck balls written all over it.  I was watching The Punisher on TV waiting for Heroes last night and they did a preview where he talks to Alba then dodges missiles.

Alba needs to do more Sin City less FF, Surfer is such a lame character.  Also the Punisher movie is waay better then anyone seems to ever give it credit for.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Llava
Contributor

Reply #53 on: May 22, 2007, 09:21:03 AM

No, the Punisher movie was fucking awful.  It deserves no credit.

"Dad, look, we got this T-shirt for you!  The native people said it protects against evil spirits!"

Seriously, you're gonna defend that?

What about the part where he gets shot and floats off to an island where a black guy, surprise, has non-conventional but shockingly effective means of mystical healing?

Awful, awful movie.  Cliched, poorly written crap.

And the Silver Surfer is a cool character.  We just don't know if he'll be pulled off as cool in the movie.  Now that I know they're going more along the Ultimate Galactus lines, I don't think so- he really didn't get any interesting development in the Ultimate universe.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #54 on: May 22, 2007, 09:31:49 AM

The Punisher movie was crotch pus. It had about 10 seconds of good, followed by shittons of gay henchman and John Fucking Travolta, who plays the worst bad guys in history. Fucking awful.

I saw the Surfer stuff on Heroes, and I thought it was great. Alba did worse with her dialogue than the voice of the Surfer. I'm looking forward to it.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #55 on: May 22, 2007, 10:46:13 AM

This sub-forum still amuses me with its whacked taste.

The Punisher movie was flawed all over but at least it had some good moments.  At least it had some good fight sequences, the fight w/ the giant Russian pirate guy was better then anything I saw in any of the other major Marvel films, note I never saw the 3rd Spiderman, 70's show guy as Venom = no thanks.  Now I'm not going to claim to have anything other then my own weird taste in entertainment.  But it is amusing how some of you speak like you have such authority on what's cool and what sucks.  Then turn around and  espouse how cool the Silver fucking Surfer is.  He's riding an intergalactic surf board.  You no longer have the right to call anything else corny ever again.

But rock on either way, different strokes for different folks.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #56 on: May 22, 2007, 12:07:49 PM

He's riding an intergalactic surf board.  You no longer have the right to call anything else corny ever again.

And Batman is wearing a giant vampire costume. But he's still fucking cool when done right.

I've never been a huge Surfer fan, but I can get into the character, especially when the CGI for him looks as good as it does in the FF4 trailer.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #57 on: May 22, 2007, 01:12:11 PM

Batman wears black, and drives a cool car.  Bats are cool.  Surf boards aren't fucking cool.  Perhaps in parts of the US where you've never actually met real "surfers" you can look past the board but goddamn he sucks balls.  Make a Warlock movie if you really want to do something like that.

-William Gibson
Evil Elvis
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: May 24, 2007, 11:12:05 AM

I thought the fight with the Russian was one of the worst things about that movie.  He looked like the worlds gayest sailor in that shirt.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #59 on: May 26, 2007, 08:06:04 PM

I'd agree with you insofar as I was skeptical about the board myself, and used to have a real problem with it.  But they address it reasonably well, and eventually you just look past it and forget that it's a "surf board".

Valant
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: May 26, 2007, 09:38:24 PM

I thought the fight with the Russian was one of the worst things about that movie.  He looked like the worlds gayest sailor in that shirt.

I think that was actually an intentional part of the parity for the entire sequence....I thought the fight kicked ass, and was funny to boot.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: May 27, 2007, 12:03:15 AM

The fight with The Russian was pretty decent, but the movie as a whole sucked. It was barely The Punisher at all, Travolta sucked, the plot sucked, Punisher as some sort of super sleuth trickster really really sucked.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
lovecraft
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: May 28, 2007, 08:41:58 AM

Kind of off topic.  I was at the theatre this week to take my daughter to see Shrek 3.  I saw a display for the new FF movie in the lobby.  I am a huge SS fanboy from way back.  The display was a lifesize SS coming out of a cardboard backdrop.  I have no interest in seeing the movie, I didn't see the first one and frankly have only seen other "Marvel" movies out of coercion or NBTD (nothing better to do) syndrome.  When I saw the display I nearly creamed myself.  That's okay....cause he's an alien, right.... NDA   
Llava
Contributor

Reply #63 on: May 28, 2007, 09:46:38 AM

Seen that display myself.  Had some people who aren't even into comics suggest various methods to steal it.  It's pretty cool.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer trailer  
Jump to: