Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:21:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: The next great thing : Rosey glasses fully engaged. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The next great thing : Rosey glasses fully engaged.  (Read 5378 times)
Fargull
Contributor

on: July 26, 2004, 11:21:43 AM

Second Feature Update for COH

Couple of big things that stand out in my mind, aside from the free content boost.

Sidekick system – Sidekicking is now easier and more convenient than ever.
Enhancement Inventory – View, remove and trade enhancements more easily.

If they make the sidekick allowable into the trial zones, such as Baumtown, Terra Volta, etc it will be a big change.  I welcome it!

If they can smooth out the enhancement menu (which is not bad in my view) then it will be a benefit.  My only beef with it now is that it completelyl removes your view of the world, like reading you bloody spell book in EQ did...

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Lanei
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 11:44:01 AM

# Teleportation\Resurrection confirmation – Confirmation windows put the power in your hands.
# Email Notification – In game alert when you receive email.
# Change Team Leader – Change your leader after team formation.

Even the little things are big things.  I've got a warm, tingly, fanboi feeling.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 12:58:34 PM

There is already an ingame text message when you receive an email, but they probably mean an icon that shows up when you have unread mail.

I don't like the idea of having a verification box for teleport friend.  You can only do to groupmates, right?  And there is already a verification for being invited to a group.  That is good enough for me.  Adding in confirmation does not really annoy me that much, but not something I would ever consider necessary.

Overall the changes look pretty darn good.  I was hoping the Bow blaster powerset would go in earlier.  Looks like content patch 3 as it is.  I wanted a bow blaster from the start.  I think they should also add in a Shield tanker.  I like the weapon customization stuff.  I wonder if that is just physical weapons like the guns in assault and the swords and such or if they will include other powers, like being able to add tints etc...
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 02:16:46 PM

Not sure I like them adding capes as a level 20 perk, but the rest seems nice.

Lanei
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 02:19:31 PM

Quote from: Alluvian
There is already an ingame text message when you receive an email, but they probably mean an icon that shows up when you have unread mail.

I do hope its the latter.  I've tended to get e-mail while offline, and there is no notification at all of unread email in your email box, just a notification of receiving one.  Even if they just changed the color of the word Email on the UI, it would be enough.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004, 11:04:45 PM

Interesting question here.  What happens to high level characters when low level content gets added?

There a couple of scenarios I can see here.  For example, the Abandoned Sewers Trial is restricted to characters level 35-40 (i think).  What happens if the Hollows Trial is restricted to characters level xx-yy, and my main just passed that?  Will I have to roll an alt and play my way up from the ground just to experience it?

Another example is the Badges.  What if a bunch of them are low level?  My high level character has likely already fulfilled the conditions needed to get one, will they be grandfathered into the character?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 06:49:49 AM

I personally am waiting for the sonic blaster set. I want to make either the screaming meanie, The hissy fit, or  MOM. So I can run around yelling at villians to be good boys.

Kaid
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 01:17:45 PM

Hmm.. Post from poz at the bottom.

"Respec: The strat guide is outdated. You will not be able to change your archetype, primary, or secondary power sets. You will be able to change which powers you own in those sets, all of your power pool choices, and your enhancement slot placement. You will be able to replace all the enhancements you currently have, and cash out ones that don't fit or you don't want.

Capes: There are different sizes, colors, textures, etc. "

Sounds good to me!

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 03:27:31 PM

Quote from: Alluvian
I don't like the idea of having a verification box for teleport friend.  You can only do to groupmates, right?  And there is already a verification for being invited to a group.  That is good enough for me.  Adding in confirmation does not really annoy me that much, but not something I would ever consider necessary.

I wouldn't mind. Too often I have my Seek Team flag on and get invited by some guy who teleports you off the edge of a building or into a mess of bad guys or a combination of both.

I really hope they add more souvineer arcs. I really enjoy following the storylines.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 04:48:25 PM

Quote from: ClydeJr
I wouldn't mind. Too often I have my Seek Team flag on and get invited by some guy who teleports you off the edge of a building or into a mess of bad guys or a combination of both.

There they go nerfing the fun out of the game again.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 27, 2004, 07:04:13 PM

Quote from: ClydeJr

Verification doesn't really help tho, does it?  Unless you get to see where the tp is pointed at before agreeing, you'll just feel stupider when you get dropped from height onto grape-flavored mobs.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 28, 2004, 12:48:57 AM

The confirmation box for tp is going to be optional based upon game options.

You can set it to auto-accept if you want.

I don't see it as a fix for tp grief (which is overrated anyway - you have to try really hard to die from falling damage, and if the purples are going to insta kill you, they are probably going to insta kill the tper).

It's a fix for getting tp'd just as you were arriving at the enhancement store you were stopping at between missions or hunting locations. Or for when you are just about to pick up a new mission at your contact etc.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 28, 2004, 06:00:17 AM

eldaec, you are sort of missing the TP grief method here.  Just because the mobs are deep purple, does NOT mean th person doing the TP is in danger.  Quite often it is a TP bastard in a hazard zone, who hovers WAYY above a mob of nasty things, and then Teleports you over said mob from about half a mile up.  Either that, or an Invisible TPer who sits within spitting distance of said mob and TPs you into their midst.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #13 on: July 28, 2004, 06:53:28 AM

I wish they'd make buffs team-only. I've had a lot of people slap a buff that slows movement speed on me. That sucks imo.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 28, 2004, 07:32:58 AM

Quote from: SurfD
eldaec, you are sort of missing the TP grief method here.  Just because the mobs are deep purple, does NOT mean th person doing the TP is in danger.  Quite often it is a TP bastard in a hazard zone, who hovers WAYY above a mob of nasty things, and then Teleports you over said mob from about half a mile up.  Either that, or an Invisible TPer who sits within spitting distance of said mob and TPs you into their midst.

As has been pointed out this combo box method does not fix that.  Unless you know where your being ported too or that the guy doing the porting is a retard (in which case why are you grouped with him?).

The only thing this helps for me is when I'm popping across the zone I won't get TP'd over to the caster and then back to where I was when my own TP goes off.

edit:  Spelling is hard.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 28, 2004, 09:48:48 AM

I like to pope across the zone, too!
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 28, 2004, 12:04:15 PM

Quote from: eldaec
I don't see it as a fix for tp grief (which is overrated anyway - you have to try really hard to die from falling damage, and if the purples are going to insta kill you, they are probably going to insta kill the tper).

They usually quit the group while you're in freefall so when you aggro the purps, you're solo.

Does it prevent all griefing? No. Will it prevent some griefing? Yes. Good enough for me.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: July 29, 2004, 08:42:27 AM

Quote from: Sky
I like to pope across the zone, too!

You bless everything as you fly across it in a protective bubble and a big hat?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 29, 2004, 09:05:08 AM

Yes. I also have the posture of a shrimp and am totally out of touch with reality and the fundamental teachings of my own god.

Now go away while I hoard more riches and dictate how people should live their lives.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: July 29, 2004, 09:35:15 AM

One interesting thing I learned on the boards today. The hollows zone is designed for levels 5 to 15 so these are not just all super high level content adds.

That is a good niche to add some diversity because it gives you a break from  the warehouse shuffle or the perez moshing groups.

kaid
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: The next great thing : Rosey glasses fully engaged.  
Jump to: