Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:27:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Sudden stops 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sudden stops  (Read 2682 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: October 13, 2006, 06:26:19 AM

I glanced at the beta forums, but you know....

Anyone have any instances where they just stop running?  Not just stop, but W and S don't work although A and D work.  Didn't try strafing.  It happened to me first when autorunning/mouse-steering to Waymeet, then again in about the same area when just W running.  I bugged it as a problem with autorun/mouse-steer but the second time I wasn't doing that, just WASD.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 06:40:19 AM

Yes it happens. There's something funky with the networking code where the game loses track of you or something and you can't move, though you can do things like jump up and down. You can also chat all you want. After a bit, control will be restored and you can keep moving.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 04:02:32 PM

I usually relog to fix it.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 06:53:27 AM

It clears within less than a minute for me.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 05:22:14 PM

I found resting stops it momentarily and that zoning clears it.  So rest, then run to zone, repeat as required.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Sudden stops  
Jump to: