Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:36:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Very well done Bush/Kerry flash video 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Very well done Bush/Kerry flash video  (Read 7749 times)
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 23, 2004, 09:43:45 AM

Quote from: Arcadian Del Sol

On the contrary, they wanted to gang rape the 'fresh meat' - "send them out so that we may know them."

Understood, but those cities had supposedly been hotbeds of guy on guy action and gang bangs for a long time.  Most scholars who've written about this point out that God wasn't so much offended by that (although he was) as the threat to rape the outsiders; in other words, extreme inhospitality.

When Lot wanted to give the mob his daughters instead of the guests in his home he'd shown God that he was a righteous person, thus deserving of mercy.
Dark Vengeance
Delinquents

Reply #36 on: July 23, 2004, 10:10:00 AM

Quote from: Arcadian Del Sol
PS: this thread is offically dead now, yes? Its gone from a cross-party comedy gold mine that is the Bush/Kerry "your land" cartoon, to a discussion of the Old Testament. LOCKABLE.

The interesting part is looking back at how innocently it began. To wit:

Quote from: Soulflame
When the republican party ditches the religious right, all will be well with the world.

Bring the noise.
Cheers............
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: July 23, 2004, 10:18:51 AM

Quote from: Big Gulp
When Lot wanted to give the mob his daughters instead of the guests in his home he'd shown God that he was a righteous person, thus deserving of mercy.

The Old Testament has such a low standard for righteous.  Sigh.
Dark Vengeance
Delinquents

Reply #38 on: July 23, 2004, 10:39:06 AM

Don't forget that later on, the daughters get Lot drunk, sleep with him, and bear his children to preserve the family line. Incest for teh win.

Bring the noise.
Cheers............
Anonymous

Email
Reply #39 on: July 23, 2004, 12:03:47 PM

Nono, that was GRAPE JUICE.

/snicker
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 23, 2004, 01:00:47 PM

Quote from: Dark Vengeance
Don't forget that later on, the daughters get Lot drunk, sleep with him, and bear his children to preserve the family line. Incest for teh win.

Bring the noise.
Cheers............

And my religious friends wonder why I view the bible as something less than a moral guideline for me to live by. Between Lot's earlier actions "No rape my daughters instead" and this and countless other such actions in the Old Testament....

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #41 on: July 23, 2004, 02:04:43 PM

Quote from: Big Gulp
And people like to dismiss this argument as hysterics, but it's true.  If you open the door to gay marriage what stands against polygamy, incestuous marriage, etc?  All of those relationships can be between consenting adults, and they are all lifestyle choices.  If gay marriage is valid then why wouldn't those relationships be?

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Very well done Bush/Kerry flash video  
Jump to: