Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 01:11:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: South Park meets WoW 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: South Park meets WoW  (Read 14664 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #35 on: October 11, 2006, 04:36:43 PM

now I'm wondering if I didn't think it was hysterical-funny because parts of it struck close to home.

I've yet to hear someone who doesn't play a lot of WoW say that episode wasn't funny.

Repeating for emphasis:

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 12, 2006, 04:45:35 AM

hysterical-funny

being funnier then "funny".  "hysterical-funny" being in the top ten shows, where-as "funny" is somewhere past 50% of the rest of the pack.  I thought it was funny, I didn't tihnk it was hysterical funny.  My wife was pissing herself.  We generally find the same things funny.  A bit of analysis occured, with me coming to the conclusion that a fair part of the jabs of that episode were directed toward the players of WoW.   Then followed a bit of self anaylsis, with me wondering whether I didn't rank it in the top ten because some of the jokes were closer to home.  I'm still not sure if that was the reason (, or was it just not a top ten show?).
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #37 on: October 12, 2006, 05:12:43 AM

I really think that once you get past the "OMG WOW IS ON TV" thing, it's not that great an episode.

Don't get me wrong.  It was solid.  They didn't drop the ball.  But this doesn't come anywhere near something like the Scientology episode.

For most TV, it was good.  For South Park, it was okay.

QFT.

It's a weak way to post, but Llava nailed my opinion very well there.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
WayAbvPar

Reply #38 on: October 12, 2006, 11:54:18 AM

Just saw it. I don't remember WoW looking that pretty, but I played on the dirt brown Horde side, so what do I know? I was well-amused by it.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 12, 2006, 12:17:17 PM

Rock on!

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #40 on: October 12, 2006, 01:03:11 PM

They need to get rid of the rating crap. It's confusing.

Critical Hit rating? Critical Strike Rating? Hit Rating? What the fuck is Resilience? Percentages, I can wrap my mind around. What the fuck does 14 mean? 9? Bah.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #41 on: October 12, 2006, 04:16:23 PM

Critical Hit rating? Critical Strike Rating? Hit Rating? What the fuck is Resilience? Percentages, I can wrap my mind around. What the fuck does 14 mean? 9? Bah.

Doesn't scale well at all, though.  The Blackhand's Breadth I got at level 57 is still the best trinket I can possibly have in that slot.  Unless they gave a lot more +crit (and then classes begin approaching 100% way too quickly) or a lot more stats on an item, it'd be an excellent trinket for a long, long time. 

Hopefuly they'll still show % on the spellbook when you mouse over the autoattack 'spell' That'll reduce a lot of confusion.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #42 on: October 13, 2006, 06:20:33 AM

I've yet to hear someone who doesn't play a lot of WoW say that episode wasn't funny.

I don't play WoW.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: October 13, 2006, 07:17:10 AM

I don't play WoW.

Well, it should be stated as "doesn't play a lot of MMOG's."  The same elements they poked fun at in the show are true for basically all MMOG's.  Actually, it is true of any hardcore gameing, even single-player.  Face it, when we get obsessed over one game or another, we typically play it like it was crack with a hard coat of meth.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 13, 2006, 09:05:15 AM

Doesn't scale well at all, though.  The Blackhand's Breadth I got at level 57 is still the best trinket I can possibly have in that slot.  Unless they gave a lot more +crit (and then classes begin approaching 100% way too quickly) or a lot more stats on an item, it'd be an excellent trinket for a long, long time. 

Hopefuly they'll still show % on the spellbook when you mouse over the autoattack 'spell' That'll reduce a lot of confusion.

The way it works now is the crit rating scales to your level, so blackhand's is 1.2% crit at L70 supposedly. They've added a ton of info to your character sheet including crit % and to hit modifier too. There's a dropdown where you can select between ranged, melee,spell casting and defence with all you'd want to know listed for each.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #45 on: October 13, 2006, 09:12:29 AM

I know *why* they did it, but why did they come up with such a confusing system? there must have been an easier way of simplifying it...

and yes, BHB is STILL the awesome.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #46 on: November 18, 2006, 06:53:50 PM

Details on how the the WoW South Park episode was created. And no your browser isn't acting funny, they really did center justify all the text.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: South Park meets WoW  
Jump to: