Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:04:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: South Park meets WoW 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South Park meets WoW  (Read 14332 times)
Yoshimaru
Terracotta Army

on: September 30, 2006, 04:11:41 PM

Here's a short preview of the first episode of the 10th season, which airs October 4th. Not sure if this is the right section, but it was on the WoW front page. It should be pretty fucking hillarious.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 12:05:21 AM

Nice.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Yoshimaru
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 12:22:02 AM

If you look carefully at the video you can see a whole host of problems... When it shows Kenny playing the computer he has  arrows on his back, is wearing the Warlock starting robes, and he also has Energy instead of mana. Also, when it shows Stan talking as the human male he's wearing a Horde exslusive Frostwolf tabard. /geek
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 12:27:28 AM

The smart money (in my guild) is on Kenny being killed during the Onyxia event in Stormwind Keep (quest link).

"Lol, Onyxia oneshotted Kenny."

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 09:19:41 AM

Aren't there items for Hordies to turn into Humans, therefore enabling them to be human and wear the AV tabard?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 05:21:03 PM

Orb of Deception on an Orc (i believe)

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 05:58:01 PM

I think you're looking at it a little too closely.  They probably just borrowed the models and animated them rather than doing your traditional machinima.  After all, Kyle's wearing the lunar festival dress.  Being a show, they're more concerned with style and presentation than effective stats.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 06:23:35 PM

It would probably not be hard for them to get access to an internal server that lets them tweak most anything they wanted with Blizzard's blessing.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Yoshimaru
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 06:33:11 PM

I saw a blue post on the WoW forums saying they provided SP with everything they needed.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 08:06:01 PM

Sweet bleeding jesus, as if the general chat wasn't already a morass of lameass Chuck Norris jokes, without adding a bunch of barely literate mouthbreathers fucking up South Park quotes.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 06:03:07 AM

Um, the only difference is that the retards will change the content of their retardery. The retardery is already there and it's not going anywhere, after all...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 07:25:42 PM

Watching the episode and it is hysterical. Of course all anyone is going to notice is how the MMOTard speak isn't quite right and how so and so has such and such an item that sucks or isn't available to such and such a faction, but goddamn it's funny.

edit: Okay yeah, that was some funny shit. I do however feel like the biggest fag on earth for understanding the nerd-speak.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 07:42:23 PM by Fabricated »

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 07:48:07 PM

Yeah I felt the same way, Fabricated.

Still, at least I wasn't the guy on my server who logged in as "lovestospooge" and /lfg'd "wts my name"

I was also expecting a tube sock rather than a bedpan at the "Bathroom!" shout.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 07:51:27 PM

I was very dissapointed that Hello Kitty island adventure was not in fact a real game :(

I am the .00000001428%
Yoshimaru
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 08:13:32 PM

Ahh, It was everything I had hoped for... And yes, I was ashamed I knew everything they were talking about... In fact, it kinda gave me the urge to Resub.. NO. MUST. NOT GIVE IN  evil

I was very dissapointed that Hello Kitty island adventure was not in fact a real game :(

http://www.sanriotown.com/onlinegame/index.php?s=introduction
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 08:18:31 PM

Also, I went and looked at the official boards to see the stupidity.

I want to destroy some of these people's souls. For god's sake who cares what the dumb sword is

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Yoshimaru
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 08:25:12 PM

The funniest posts were the people that were offended by the episode.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 04, 2006, 08:31:01 PM

I loved all the "wheres the horde!" whining, obviously this southpark episode proves the pro alliance bias!

I am the .00000001428%
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 10:16:34 PM

I have never played WoW, so I was thankfully able to watch without thinking about the breaking of canon or whatever.

I did feel like a horrid dork explaining "pwnd" to my wife.  She also thought that WoW was "one of those games you played."  So at least I have that going for me.  Which is nice.

I was also disappointed that there were no "catass" jokes.  They had a cat orgy episode, dammit, I wanted to see something about catass.  Since Cartman has a cat, and his mom was entirely devoted to his catass needs, she would have likely forgotten to sift.

Just sayin'.

EDIT -- well that blows...when you use the brackety thingies that are normally used to change a pronoun or whatever in quoted speech, subbing in an "I" adds italics that never close....and remove the letter from the post...dammit.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 10:18:50 PM by CmdrSlack »

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
penfold
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 05, 2006, 01:48:24 PM

Catassing, PKs, exploits, carebears, noob jokes, boring grinds and even a poosock reference.  It's like they distilled the very essence of this forum.

I liked it, although there were some cheesey lines which sounded more like a Blizzard marketing type wrote them.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #20 on: October 05, 2006, 03:16:52 PM

there were some cheesey lines which sounded more like a Blizzard marketing type wrote them.

I figured those were cheesy on purpose.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: October 05, 2006, 03:18:56 PM

Watched it last night. Didn't find it that funny.

Catassing, PKs, exploits, carebears, noob jokes, boring grinds and even a poosock reference.  It's like they distilled the very essence of this forum.

There was no poopsock joke. There was a pooping in a bedpan joke. But no poopsock. Very few people know what the poopsock is in the grand scheme of things, as in the 6 million people in WoW.

Also, I wonder if the episode could have been more like .Hack.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 06:26:38 PM

Watched it last night. Didn't find it that funny.

There was no poopsock joke. There was a pooping in a bedpan joke. But no poopsock. Very few people know what the poopsock is in the grand scheme of things, as in the 6 million people in WoW.

Also, I wonder if the episode could have been more like .Hack.
.hack fucking sucked, this didn't.

And when I say .hack I mean all of it. Every single bit of the anime series sucked, every single game sucked. Period.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 06:36:29 PM by Fabricated »

hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #23 on: October 05, 2006, 07:15:16 PM

Fab, you win the internet. I celebrate your awesomeness. I bow before you.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 05, 2006, 07:26:35 PM

I liked it, although there were some cheesey lines which sounded more like a Blizzard marketing type wrote them.

Blizzard employee #1: do YOU have a world of warcraft account?
blizzard employee #2: no, i have a life

Clearly the kinda marketting they love, hah.  I guess it doesn't matter how bad they made the players look, the game came out look pretty fun to play.

I am the .00000001428%
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 05, 2006, 07:55:46 PM

No elf mangina love though, although they already did the NAMBLA episode.

The Wired parody/review of WoW was much better.
Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 05, 2006, 09:15:31 PM

I loved the episode. It was pretty revolutionary for television, in my opinion.

A good idea is a good idea forever.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 05, 2006, 09:45:47 PM

I didn't find it funny for the most part, but some of it was amusing. The archenemy guy looks a lot like a friend of mine who joined a bleeding-edge raid guild over the summer, and he was just about that messy-looking.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 06, 2006, 03:33:23 PM

Best line was 'How do you kill something that has no life?!'. Pretty much sums it all up there.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #29 on: October 06, 2006, 03:37:06 PM

I didn't find it funny for the most part, but some of it was amusing. The archenemy guy looks a lot like a friend of mine who joined a bleeding-edge raid guild over the summer, and he was just about that messy-looking.

I agree. I thought it was ok, but I didnt find it that funny. They could have made it much more offensive. Maybe they where kind of going for the same thing as the mormon episode. They just put the facts out there, and let it be funny by its self. Overall, not one of the better South Parks IMO.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 10, 2006, 02:09:19 PM

Come on.  Who didn't laugh when Butters showed up?  That was comedy gold.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: October 11, 2006, 06:02:54 AM

Loved it :)

And the best South Park I've seen since I was... 16.

Games beeing mentioned in popculture is always a good thing, in my book. But then again, I live in the fantasy world where everyone should love games. They also nailed down most of the oh-so-boring gameplay wow supplies you with, and the "excitement" it involves. 21st century heroes aren't firefighters, it's the overweight nerds!

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #32 on: October 11, 2006, 10:15:34 AM

I really think that once you get past the "OMG WOW IS ON TV" thing, it's not that great an episode.

Don't get me wrong.  It was solid.  They didn't drop the ball.  But this doesn't come anywhere near something like the Scientology episode.

For most TV, it was good.  For South Park, it was okay.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Yoshimaru
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: October 11, 2006, 11:10:41 AM

I was hoping for a little more Blizzard bashing, since they provide more than ample ammunition.  Although, I guess if they went that way more people wouldn't have gotten it.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: October 11, 2006, 04:22:59 PM

it's not that great an episode.

I pretty much felt the same way.  My wife, who doesn't play games (but is, obviously, aware of what's involved with MMOs because I play), thought it was one of the best episodes ever.  She said Cartman going through the checklists reminded her of listening to me talk...  now I'm wondering if I didn't think it was hysterical-funny because parts of it struck close to home.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: South Park meets WoW  
Jump to: