Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2017, 08:54:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 [1050] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless Conversation  (Read 1340319 times)
BobtheSomething
Terracotta Army

Reply #36715 on: September 19, 2017, 09:56:23 PM

I officiated my sister in law's wedding for free, although she insisted on buying something for me.  LOTR dwarf minis.  Her aunt was the videographer, who somehow switched the camera off just before the ceremony.  The venue was one of those Mormon church basketball courts.  All in all, much cheaper than my own wedding.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #36716 on: September 20, 2017, 05:41:29 AM

The venue was one of those Mormon church basketball courts.
Wat. Are Mormon churches so known for their basketball courts that this is a ubiquitous thing I've just never heard of?

Check out my podcast: ADD&D, Attention Deficit Dungeons & Dragons!
"I think it's time for a dose of F13 RED PILL MOTHER FUCKERS" ~cosapi
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #36717 on: September 20, 2017, 09:12:27 AM

(former nun, WWF promoter, and Juvenile Max Sec Prison Guard)

this person needs to join f13

i have questions

The closest I can get her to real internets is facebook. One of the best parts of doing the Colorado show is we get to have dinner with her every week, and hear crazy stories or her exploits. And see pictures like one of her from the 80's looking very punk and drunk, squooshed between Hulk Hogan and Iron Shiek.

And yeah, the license was from El Paso county Colorado, cheap and easy to get one there spur of the moment. You don't even need an officiate.
BobtheSomething
Terracotta Army

Reply #36718 on: September 20, 2017, 10:55:18 AM

Wat. Are Mormon churches so known for their basketball courts that this is a ubiquitous thing I've just never heard of?

Yes.  And most of the Mormon churches I've been in have the exact same internal layout, too.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #36719 on: September 20, 2017, 11:10:12 AM

I've photographed three weddings in the past where I actually charged for it. Only asked $500 - $700 because I know I'm not a whole lot better than a complete amateur and I was trying to get established. I'd already done a couple for free for friends and family, so I had some experience.

One of the three didn't pay me. Not because of the photo quality - we never even reached the point of them seeing the photos, they just couldn't afford to pay me. The other two clearly wanted to negotiate the price lower (average rate around here for wedding photos is $1500 - $2500).

I also did engagement photos for a couple once. Three days of shooting, a week of editing, and the Bride liked absolutely none of it. Fuck her, I still use several of them in my portfolio because they were damn good shots. In total for all of that, I got lunch and a beer.

Fuck Wedding Photography.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #36720 on: September 20, 2017, 06:47:05 PM

Yes.  And most of the Mormon churches I've been in have the exact same internal layout, too.

It's not really a "basketball court." It is a general meeting area, usually with a stage for shows and such, that is used for all sorts of things, including having retractable basketball hoops. Often times they are even carpeted (or at least were way back in the day) which led to some fun rug burns.  Wardball (as B-ball at these places is known) is some of the most vicious, elbow throwing, white-boy basketball on the planet.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

-H.L. Mencken
BobtheSomething
Terracotta Army

Reply #36721 on: September 20, 2017, 08:40:25 PM

It's not really a "basketball court." It is a general meeting area, usually with a stage for shows and such, that is used for all sorts of things, including having retractable basketball hoops. Often times they are even carpeted (or at least were way back in the day) which led to some fun rug burns.  Wardball (as B-ball at these places is known) is some of the most vicious, elbow throwing, white-boy basketball on the planet.

it was still a wedding under a board and net.   they really dominate the decor.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #36722 on: September 21, 2017, 12:19:49 AM

If it helps, I have been on the inside of a mormon church several times as a youth, and all I ever saw was the basketball court.  Is it possible that all this time, mormon churches really are just made up wholly out of basketball courts?

Never, ever assume someone that short and fat has their shit together. - Schild
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #36723 on: September 21, 2017, 12:41:15 AM

Basketball courts and full immersion baptismal fonts pretty much.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

-H.L. Mencken
BobtheSomething
Terracotta Army

Reply #36724 on: September 21, 2017, 01:41:50 AM

Basketball courts and full immersion baptismal fonts pretty much.

When I was little, I thought the had a sauna between the restrooms.

Also, their locks are very easy to pick.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #36725 on: September 21, 2017, 11:54:19 PM

Just because we are on the topic, big day down at BYU today as they sold caffeinated soda on campus for the first time since the 50s.

-H.L. Mencken
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #36726 on: September 22, 2017, 12:00:22 AM

Just because we are on the topic, big day down at BYU today as they sold caffeinated soda on campus for the first time since the 50s.

Man Utah outside of Salt Lake is mega messed up.

(Not that Salt Lake isn't weird, but it is waaaaaay closer to normal than the rest of the state)

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #36727 on: September 22, 2017, 12:11:09 AM

Oh you have no idea.

-H.L. Mencken
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #36728 on: September 22, 2017, 02:16:32 PM

The thing with churches and basketball courts has to do with obtaining bank loans.  Reasoning is that if the church fails to make the loan, the bank can re-sell the church as a school or rec center.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #36729 on: September 22, 2017, 02:29:03 PM

TIL.

Check out my podcast: ADD&D, Attention Deficit Dungeons & Dragons!
"I think it's time for a dose of F13 RED PILL MOTHER FUCKERS" ~cosapi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #36730 on: September 22, 2017, 02:37:25 PM

The thing with churches and basketball courts has to do with obtaining bank loans.  Reasoning is that if the church fails to make the loan, the bank can re-sell the church as a school or rec center.

LOL if you think the LDS church has to take out loans to build wardhouses.

-H.L. Mencken
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #36731 on: September 22, 2017, 02:59:19 PM

Hell, lets be honest, they probably make the local businesses apologize for giving them money.

"I think its pretty troubling when a backyard decoration comes out swinging harder against Nazis than the President of the United States." Stephen Colbert
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #36732 on: Today at 02:50:44 PM

LOL if you think the LDS church has to take out loans to build wardhouses.

Sorry, I was talking about my experience with the local churches.  I got nothing for the LDS basketball thing.

Probably why you don't see Catholics holding mass in a basketball court, either.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #36733 on: Today at 03:07:44 PM

Probably why you don't see Catholics holding mass in a basketball court, either.

We actually did that at my high school, since the school didn't have a church on premises big enough to hold the entire student body.   awesome, for real

"Nice attempted blast about my "drinking".  I do enjoy a nice cuppa, but that is because I am a bon vivant of gregarious nature and cheery disposition." - Ab
Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 [1050] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation  
Jump to: