Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:24:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 1092 1093 [1094] 1095 1096 ... 1141 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless Conversation  (Read 3426346 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #38255 on: February 05, 2019, 04:18:00 PM

DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #38256 on: February 05, 2019, 05:00:49 PM

Fear his Modly power!

Hic sunt dracones.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #38257 on: February 05, 2019, 07:42:23 PM

actually anyone can do it   Sad Panda

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #38258 on: February 08, 2019, 08:56:34 AM

My wife works in property - this has been making the rounds today in the industry. Pics 31-48. Very mild NSFW.  awesome, for real

https://www.redfin.com/PA/Ambler/1612-Norristown-Rd-19002/home/38907751
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #38259 on: February 08, 2019, 09:09:09 AM

I like how there’s one picture of the master bathroom (and not a very good one) and a couple of the kitchen and then a dozen of that very special place.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #38260 on: February 08, 2019, 09:46:51 AM

BOOO!  It must have been updated, because I didn't see anything risque at all. :'(

OTOH, that freestanding double vanity is kind of cool, the kitchen looks very nice, huge yard, waaaay too much money.

Also, why do home viewing photos all look distorted in recent years?  It really makes things look weird and makes it hard to get a good idea of the rooms, IMO.

Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #38261 on: February 08, 2019, 09:52:35 AM

The caption has changed, but the original text underneath said something like "Fifty Shades of Autumn"; that should give you an idea about the "activity room."

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #38262 on: February 08, 2019, 10:57:17 AM

Missed the images too. But, damn, that's a nice house for $750k.

- Viin
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #38263 on: February 08, 2019, 11:22:35 AM

Also, why do home viewing photos all look distorted in recent years?  It really makes things look weird and makes it hard to get a good idea of the rooms, IMO.
Use and abuse of ultra-wide angle lenses.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #38264 on: February 08, 2019, 04:54:29 PM

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 05:35:17 PM by MahrinSkel »

--Signature Unclear
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #38265 on: February 08, 2019, 05:31:12 PM

Maple Glen...I thought it had something to do with trees but I was further off than I thought

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #38266 on: February 08, 2019, 10:31:11 PM

Yeah I'm not so sure about that island vanity in the bath either.

Otherwise, seemed pretty normal....

awesome, for real this guy looks legit awesome, for real
WayAbvPar

Reply #38267 on: February 09, 2019, 11:33:14 AM

I would rather have a vanity island.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #38268 on: February 11, 2019, 05:31:51 AM

The weird thing to me is the bright white, pristine look of the basement. Kind of clashes with the aesthetic, you know?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #38269 on: February 11, 2019, 07:13:17 AM

This is an iPhone generation dungeon Khaldun.  Nobody wants your baby boomer style dungeons anymore.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #38270 on: February 11, 2019, 10:07:27 AM

The kind of kinksters who can afford to fit out a good-sized basement in an expensive house with bespoke furniture, care a lot about hygiene. And so do their guests.

Or so I've been told.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #38271 on: February 11, 2019, 10:28:50 AM

They also probably read a lot of Terry Goodkind  why so serious?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #38272 on: February 13, 2019, 10:27:42 AM

The weird thing to me is the bright white, pristine look of the basement. Kind of clashes with the aesthetic, you know?

Be genius if that is all it was and the Realtor had it staged "I have just the look to get people interested in this house. do you trust me?"
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #38273 on: February 14, 2019, 05:12:13 PM

From the fictional Tumblr of Aaron Smith-Teller:
Most reasonable cultures celebrate the New Year around the beginning of spring, an obvious time of renewal and rebirth.

Our use of January 1st is lost in the mists of time, but one theory attributes it to the Second Celtiberian War. Roman officials were traditionally inaugurated on the New Year. The Romans chose a new general to lead their legions into war, but the military situation was deteriorating quickly and they needed him to leave immediately. They looked over the law code and found there was a taboo against inaugurating generals on days other than New Years, but no taboo against changing when New Years was. They declared January 1 to be New Years, inaugurated their general, and sent him on his way.

The Christians were not really on board with the pagan New Year, and a lot of them switched back to celebrating it in the spring. For a while there was inconsistent New-Yearing across Europe, until finally the celebration was Christianized. Somebody pointed out that since Jews circumcise their children on the eighth day after their birth, New Years Day corresponded to the circumcision of Jesus. Everyone agreed this was a perfectly fine basis for a calendar and agreed to celebrate New Years on January 1st. According to some stories, it became traditional to mock the behind-the-times people who continued to celebrate New Years on April 1st, leading to the tradition of April Fools Day.

Sometimes I imagine a thousand years from now, when humanity is spread among the stars and participates in the pageantries of galactic civilization. There will be an interstellar version of the World’s Fair, and one of the visiting alien dignitaries will approach the human pavillion:
ALIEN: We are trying to learn about other cultures. We date our calendar from the day we completely eliminated poverty on Zorglox - our proudest achievement. What about you humans?

HUMAN AMBASSADOR: We date our calendar from when an Iron Age empire wanted to kill some barbarians more quickly than the laws allowed, but came up with a loophole by redefining time itself.

ALIEN: What? Didn’t people protest?

HUMAN AMBASSADOR: Oh yes, but we established a holiday around insulting those people. We still celebrate it by telling small lies to our friends, then making them feel stupid if they believed them.

ALIEN: That’s horrifying!

HUMAN AMBASSADOR(sweating): Oh, uh, well that’s actually just a pagan myth. The real story is that there was this baby who some of us think might have been God. And we cut off part of his penis. Not because he might have been God; we do that to all babies. But the fact that he might have been God makes this particular incident a lot more memorable. And we’ve dated the calendar from that day ever since!

ALIEN: Your culture is banned from all future fairs.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #38274 on: February 15, 2019, 10:54:52 AM

I got curious about the actual history (because I was pretty sure that January 1st has been the start of the new year since there was a January -- the month is named after the god Janus after all) so I looked it up and it's here.

tl;dr when Julius Caesar decided to fix the old broken Roman calendar to match the solar year, they needed to add 67 days to the beginning of the year to make the new calendar begin at the end of the last year of the old calendar.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #38275 on: February 27, 2019, 09:22:08 AM

« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 09:25:13 AM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #38276 on: February 27, 2019, 12:38:46 PM

German fire brigade was super bored  why so serious?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #38277 on: February 27, 2019, 06:27:22 PM

Not to offend the animal lovers out there, but that rat was just waiting for someone with a sledgehammer to come by and Tom and Jerry his ass. Why on earth waste the resources on a pest and disease vector...beyond me.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #38278 on: February 27, 2019, 11:31:45 PM

Even if you killed it you would probably still not want a dead rat hanging halfway out of a manhole.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #38279 on: February 27, 2019, 11:35:09 PM

The random super Vegan's on my Facebook feed have been plastering that story everywhere.   Ohhhhh, I see.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #38280 on: February 27, 2019, 11:59:57 PM

Even if you killed it you would probably still not want a dead rat hanging halfway out of a manhole.

You hit it hard enough, it will just go squirting out the other side.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #38281 on: February 28, 2019, 04:45:50 AM

You guys like GRILS, right?

At the moment the Austrian Bundeswehr is holding Edleweiß Raid 2019, an international contest for mountain troops with 12 countries participating.

The Russians sent 3 teams, one of them all-female.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Personally, I'd say the Slovenian team is the sexiest  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Also, the Slovenian FN 2000 is a very futuristic looking weapon. If it looks somewhat familar even to non-gunfreaks it's probably because the Westworld security uses the FN P90 submachine gun as prop.

And yes, America is there too, of course:

I'll update when we know who won. :P

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #38282 on: February 28, 2019, 07:02:16 AM

I was going to bitch about Americans not taking their sunglasses off for photos but then I looked at some of the ones who weren’t, and thought “Those goofy sumbitches should hide their face.”

So maybe the glasses are for the best.

Next question, why are the ‘Muricans not wearing matching ski boots?

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #38283 on: February 28, 2019, 07:07:17 AM

Why do the Americans look like derpy weekend warrior militia types?  I mean, besides the whole ski boot thing.

Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #38284 on: February 28, 2019, 07:16:58 AM

Even the camo pattern is wrong.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #38285 on: February 28, 2019, 07:21:44 AM

Even the camo pattern is wrong.

Even if it was right this is still "mountain troops contest" not desert.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #38286 on: February 28, 2019, 07:22:50 AM

The US Army has a huge pile of specialized training troops. They seem to send them to specialized things, but for some reason NOT the specialty they were trained for. So these are probably troopers with special jungle/swamp/bayou training.

I got to avoid the whole Desert Storm by virtue of having training for Tow Missile use in deep desert conditions.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #38287 on: February 28, 2019, 08:46:18 AM

The Russians sent 3 teams, one of them all-female.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
When did Russia occupy Austrian? Those are Austrian Steyr AUGs they are carrying. Maybe they got them from their annexed portion of Ukraine.

Also, the Slovenian FN 2000 is a very futuristic looking weapon. If it looks somewhat familar even to non-gunfreaks it's probably because the Westworld security uses the FN P90 submachine gun as prop.
The P90 is not a submachine gun despite what Wikipedia might say as it does not fire pistol rounds. (Yes I've played way too many military shooters).

Why do the Americans look like derpy weekend warrior militia types?  I mean, besides the whole ski boot thing.
Part of it may be that it's so easy for civilians here in the US to get that sort of gear now that it's easy to confuse the two. Also they are the most mismatched in terms of uniform/clothing in those 3 pictures.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #38288 on: February 28, 2019, 08:50:41 AM

I believe Stargate SG-1 used P90s, as well.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #38289 on: February 28, 2019, 08:56:14 AM

And yes, America is there too, of course:
Not "of course", apparently. This is the first year the US has participated, and without time to train for the event they apparently threw together a group of soldiers with skills specific to the various challenges who had the ability to "train separately". They're calling this a "training year", do not expect to win, and mostly just seem happy to have been invited to participate.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Pages: 1 ... 1092 1093 [1094] 1095 1096 ... 1141 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation  
Jump to: