Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:30:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 1067 1068 [1069] 1070 1071 ... 1141 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless Conversation  (Read 3425904 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37380 on: February 26, 2018, 01:09:33 PM

It lacked the flash of the car wash.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #37381 on: February 26, 2018, 04:34:01 PM

after being on injured list from snowboarding for a few seasons finally getting back into it.  Has not been a great season in NorCal so far but the snow is coming. Taking the day off to ride tomorrow and then next Monday.  Went riding with the GF last Monday for the first time ever and  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS it is so refreshing to be the one trying to keep up.

staring out my work window at the rain puddles... hope everyone is having a good day.

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #37382 on: February 26, 2018, 05:04:26 PM

I showed up with jo reggelt, jo napot, and jo estet.  I picked up kosonom and forgot the rest.  Hungarian is absolute moon language, unless you're Finnish, I guess.

My short post was a bit misleading.  The ATL -> FRA flight was cancelled, so I had to take United to ORD (Chicago) then Munich (where I got to sit in a de-icing for the first time) then Berlin.

The rest of the trip was Berlin -> Dresden -> Prague -> Krakow -> Banska Bystrica -> Budapest.  Crammed in a lot of things.
How did you like Krakow?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #37383 on: February 26, 2018, 06:05:30 PM

To those of you that don't have small people, be grateful you don't have children to take to participate in organized sports.  I got a full dose of "trump's america" tonight at my kid's basketball game.   swamp poop
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37384 on: February 28, 2018, 08:16:19 AM

Krakow was a wonderful surprise to everyone.  The vodka is great.  Copernicus and Pope John Paul.  City center was fun.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #37385 on: February 28, 2018, 07:48:37 PM

Poland has the best Vodka in the world. 

Always loved going to Krakow.  Bummer there are no positions for my job at the consulate there, but I still got to travel down there once every few months to support them.  There are a ton of great food options as well.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #37386 on: February 28, 2018, 07:58:47 PM

the absolute best vodka I've ever had came from Japan and it was called Han

I have no clue how to get it in the states now
schild
Administrator

Reply #37387 on: February 28, 2018, 08:04:33 PM

anyone on f13 going to emerald city comicon?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #37388 on: February 28, 2018, 08:19:13 PM

I'm heading to Japan in a month, want me to grab a bottle?   awesome, for real

Edit:  Actually, do you mean this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_Vodka

Because that's actually Korean, and looks like its actually more like Sochu.  Looks like it's imported via a company in California.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 08:22:44 PM by Teleku »

-Stephen Colbert
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #37389 on: February 28, 2018, 08:19:49 PM

I’m not but there’s like 6 other f13 folk in Seattle.
schild
Administrator

Reply #37390 on: February 28, 2018, 08:39:34 PM

I'm heading to Japan in a month, want me to grab a bottle?   awesome, for real

Edit:  Actually, do you mean this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_Vodka

Because that's actually Korean, and looks like its actually more like Sochu.  Looks like it's imported via a company in California.

I swear when it was first imported they claimed it was Japanese. But then, I haven't had it in a decade.

Anyway, it's good. I guess I'll poke around for it.
schild
Administrator

Reply #37391 on: February 28, 2018, 08:39:42 PM

I’m not but there’s like 6 other f13 folk in Seattle.

i'll make a thread
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37392 on: March 01, 2018, 05:36:46 AM

Get a bottle of Han to Teleku, because I simply can't believe there is any vodka better than the various ones I had in Krakow.  I do realize that I'm pretty high on the Opinion Is Suspect list, but hey.  I'm finally thinking of looking into mail-order booze just so we can replace this stock of Ketel One in my freezer with something incredible.

Speaking of Polish vodka, I was recommended "pine tree" vodka by a ex-Michigan girl and I loved it.  The bartender said it's not very popular.  It does not taste like either Pine-Sol nor gin, and in fact is wonderful.

Regarding food options in Krakow, there may be a Hooters opening in City Center eventually as a result of our visit.  We ate at the one in Prague and it was MUCH nicer than the one in my local Georgia town.

Seattle.  We are going on an Alaska cruise July 21-28 which ports in Seattle.  We have also decided to do some time in Seattle and so we are staying there July 18-20.  What I need to know is if there is a very nice hotel in the/a nice downtown area.  I'll just go ahead and ask what is the nicest hotel in the city and we can go from there.  Also, we don't know what to see or do there.  Keep in mind that I have a (well-behaved) 14-year-old.  Let's work out something.

schild
Administrator

Reply #37393 on: March 01, 2018, 06:37:58 AM

Get a bottle of Han to Teleku, because I simply can't believe there is any vodka better than the various ones I had in Krakow.  I do realize that I'm pretty high on the Opinion Is Suspect list, but hey.  I'm finally thinking of looking into mail-order booze just so we can replace this stock of Ketel One in my freezer with something incredible.

Speaking of Polish vodka, I was recommended "pine tree" vodka by a ex-Michigan girl and I loved it.  The bartender said it's not very popular.  It does not taste like either Pine-Sol nor gin, and in fact is wonderful.

Regarding food options in Krakow, there may be a Hooters opening in City Center eventually as a result of our visit.  We ate at the one in Prague and it was MUCH nicer than the one in my local Georgia town.

Seattle.  We are going on an Alaska cruise July 21-28 which ports in Seattle.  We have also decided to do some time in Seattle and so we are staying there July 18-20.  What I need to know is if there is a very nice hotel in the/a nice downtown area.  I'll just go ahead and ask what is the nicest hotel in the city and we can go from there.  Also, we don't know what to see or do there.  Keep in mind that I have a (well-behaved) 14-year-old.  Let's work out something.

If you want to stay at Pike's Place, Inn at the Market: http://www.innatthemarket.com/

If you don't, Kimpton Alexis? Four Seasons? It's a modern Four Seasons, not necessarily for geriatrics.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #37394 on: March 01, 2018, 08:01:05 AM

Four Seasons. https://www.fourseasons.com/seattle/
Edgewater. http://www.edgewaterhotel.com/
Inn at the Market (link mentioned above post)
Motif. https://www.destinationhotels.com/motif-seattle

Edgewater has great history - look up Beatles Edgewater or Led Zeppelin Edgewater, lots of great pics and stories. Motif is swanky, lots of our work functions were held there once we were acquired by a company that had actual money.

Depending on which terminal you leave from (downtown pier vs Queen Anne/Smith Cove piers), the Edgewater is right next to the downtown pier. Motif is more in the retail district, but still only a few blocks from the Market.

I would suggest skipping the Space Needle for now *if* it is still under renovation. The tour views are limited and super packed with people. I went last week because family was visiting and I ended up with a bunch of plywood splinters in my hands from brushing against the temp walls. They were planning to have it completed by the summer rush but I just heard yesterday things are behind schedule, not sure how far though.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37395 on: March 01, 2018, 11:55:38 AM

It's a modern Four Seasons, not necessarily for geriatrics.

What is funny is that the boy is the one that wants to stay in the nice hotel. We went into the Kempinski Corvinus to piss and he had lots of great things to say about it and wanted us to stay there.  Interestingly, since Hungary uses Monopoly money, it would not have been expensive at all, but we were on a group tour.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #37396 on: March 01, 2018, 12:24:55 PM

It's a modern Four Seasons, not necessarily for geriatrics.

What is funny is that the boy is the one that wants to stay in the nice hotel. We went into the Kempinski Corvinus to piss and he had lots of great things to say about it and wanted us to stay there.  Interestingly, since Hungary uses Monopoly money, it would not have been expensive at all, but we were on a group tour.
Point of order #1, the quality of that link is fittingly Hungarian.

Point of order #2, Kempinski is kinda weaksauce. Now Hotel Gellért, that place really highlights the elite tastes and modern sensibilities of this fine country!

edit: also, with all this talk of vodka, was pálinka consumed at any point in the operation?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 12:27:41 PM by Zetor »

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37397 on: March 01, 2018, 05:10:11 PM

I dodged the palinka.  Maybe someone else tried it, but I didn't hear about it.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #37398 on: March 01, 2018, 06:11:52 PM

Put our deposit on season tickets for the potential NHL expansion team for Seattle, can't wait and hoping it all goes through properly.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #37399 on: March 01, 2018, 06:30:24 PM

-Stephen Colbert
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #37400 on: March 01, 2018, 07:40:41 PM

Put our deposit on season tickets for the potential NHL expansion team for Seattle, can't wait and hoping it all goes through properly.
Thumbs up!

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37401 on: March 02, 2018, 04:35:49 AM

Inn at the Market does not have bath tubs.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37402 on: March 02, 2018, 04:44:11 AM

Any issues with walking Seattle, say from Edgewater to the Needle and Market?  I'd hate to negatively compare crime in Seattle with an ex-Soviet-Bloc city.

schild
Administrator

Reply #37403 on: March 02, 2018, 06:29:02 AM

Inn at the Market does not have bath tubs.

good thing you're all able humans that can stand up and use a shower
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #37404 on: March 02, 2018, 07:27:46 AM

My wife and I are going to Vegas this month, and we haven't been in about 15 years.

Anything worth checking out? She's on top of the food (absolute foodie) and we've got tickets to the exactly one show we want to see. We're staying on the Strip, but basically looking for anything worth doing anywhere in town. About the only other solid plan is to check out Fremont street one evening, and that's about it.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #37405 on: March 02, 2018, 07:47:14 AM

Any issues with walking Seattle, say from Edgewater to the Needle and Market?  I'd hate to negatively compare crime in Seattle with an ex-Soviet-Bloc city.

I feel safer in Seattle than I have in any other major city I've been in. That said, you'll be at peak season at a tourist area and minor crime (theft, etc.) will be on the rise. Put your phones away and keep your eyes up. The types of problems you'll see are the homeless sleeping where ever they can and during the summer months the 'crazy' types seem to increase in number, talking and screaming at nothing. However, the walk from Edgewater to the Space Needle is pretty quiet and runs you away from the tourist stuff and into business/residential area Belltown. I would expect less trouble overall there - it's a nice area of town.

If you do the Space Needle in July, buy tickets before you arrive. We tried to take my brother in law last summer and got turned away, saying "maybe" they'll have available spots after a six hour wait. Also MoPop museum is right by the Space Needle and is one of my favorite tourist spots in the city. https://www.mopop.org/ The Bowie by Mick Pop exhibit is unreal.
WayAbvPar

Reply #37406 on: March 02, 2018, 02:11:43 PM

Edgewater to the Needle and/or Pike Place Market is up a steep hill.  If you are out of shape or dragging small ones or something, it might be a bit daunting. Lyft or Uber would save you the hassle.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #37407 on: March 04, 2018, 01:40:33 AM

Random question:

Is anyone still struggling with the concept of people having wrong opinions or liking the wrong things? Or is that something everyone moved on from when being 13?

As ridiculous as it is it a reason I don't frequent the Movie forum a lot. Some people have really shitty taste and I just get grumpy.

Edit:
This is why my posts are always on the long preachy side. "And that's how it is. Questions?"

I think the appropriate image would be, being a kid, dressing up your cat Mr. Kitten in puppet clothes, make him sit down and pretend to drink tea.

That's what I want to do with you (In a totally innocent way!)

Like: Sky once said he doesn't like Polandballs. I'dtotally enjoy sitting down with him (side by side, like reading a book together) and teach him, very patiently and slowy. Like so:

*point at Poland in drawing* "This is Poland. He is cute because he talks bad English. See?"

"Here Germany is Anschlussing things. The context is that in 1938...."

"Okay. You can do the next one. This is funny because...?"

I mean just imagining that makes me feel sort of happy glowing inside.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 02:51:09 AM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #37408 on: March 04, 2018, 01:45:30 AM

I could answer better if I knew what an opion was.  why so serious?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #37409 on: March 04, 2018, 02:53:03 AM

I could answer better if I knew what an opion was.  why so serious?

*puts on the Phill Collins CD*  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #37410 on: March 04, 2018, 08:15:01 AM

2 days without power now and still no sign of work crews to deal with the 6+ huge trees down within a 4-block radius of my house, all of them down on the power lines. Current utility projection is no power until Tuesday. Just in time for another big storm on Wednesday. Temperature inside the house is now just a couple of degrees above freezing. Thankfully my office at work has power, it's kind of a lifeboat.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #37411 on: March 04, 2018, 08:54:57 PM

Oscar Winner Strunk Flugget.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
schild
Administrator

Reply #37412 on: March 04, 2018, 09:11:22 PM

I'd like to thank the academy for giving the best film oscar to a movie about a girl fucking koko the gorilla.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #37413 on: March 04, 2018, 09:45:28 PM

Wat?  ACK!

Hic sunt dracones.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #37414 on: March 04, 2018, 10:13:23 PM

I was going to make a Splash pt deux joke, without realizing there was actually a sequel to Splash: Splash, Too.

The whole thing is a joke and always will be because like 15 years ago There Will Be Blood didn't win.
Pages: 1 ... 1067 1068 [1069] 1070 1071 ... 1141 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation  
Jump to: