Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:01:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Farming/Crafting thoughts 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Farming/Crafting thoughts  (Read 10862 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #35 on: October 17, 2006, 03:14:18 PM

Level-based mobs, level-based characters, level-based gear, level-based zones... I smell level-based crafting.  It would be nice to change it but ... zomg redesign.

I have decided to think of this game as something of a comfort food, for when the wild drinking and whoring of EVE (and PotBS maybe!) make me tired.  Good old, comfy level-based diku.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #36 on: October 17, 2006, 04:08:12 PM

I have decided to think of this game as something of a comfort food, for when the wild drinking and whoring of EVE (and PotBS maybe!) make me tired.  Good old, comfy level-based diku.

Already got my diku fix. I just don't see this game offering anything different enough.

After going back and playing WoW, all I can see is that my initial disposition toward this game was just a desire to return to a formula I liked.  WoW's got nearly 2 years of polish on it and an upcoming expansion. 

undecided

-Rasix
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #37 on: November 27, 2006, 02:12:58 AM

I have actually spent a while crafting now and I retract my earlier comments about possibly buying LOTRO.  Somebody needs to sit in Turbine meetings with a heavy paperweight, when someone suggests something retarded or utters the word "balance" they need to be hit, very hard, with the paperweight.

The crafting system is confusing, you can advance in more than one crafting tier at a time but the rewards for doing so are unclear.  You are forced to choose a set of three professions, so you will always get at least one crafting profession that you don't want, that's insanely bad but  the groupings are also immersion breaking and illogical.  You have to manually change crafting tools depending on what you want to gather, you can't track mines and wood at the same time even though the Explorer gets both skills.  You can't have metal smith and weaponsmith on the same character, every single character that's interested in ancient lore items is also a farmer and a weaponsmith.

I'm frankly amazed by how bad it is.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 02:26:01 AM by Arthur_Parker »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Farming/Crafting thoughts  
Jump to: