Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 09:03:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: What do I need? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do I need?  (Read 7748 times)
Calantus
Terracotta Army

on: August 23, 2006, 11:35:16 PM

So I've decided to give GW a shot since I seem to have more unused free time than before. I can't seem to find a solid answer as to what I need though. Do I need the original game in addition to the expansion boxes or is the latest expansion box enough in itself? Also, is there another expansion on the near horizon I would be better off holding out for?
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 11:43:00 PM

You just need the original game to play. You don't even need a box. You can order and download the launcher from NCSoft's website (which will download what you need as you play).

The expansion can pretty much be a stand alone experience (with entirely new races, classes, zones, etc) or played later with your standard Guild Wars characters.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 12:43:30 AM

The expansion box alone will let you play, you don't need to pick up the original.

However, you're stuck with asian looking characters if you do that!

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 12:50:09 AM

However, you're stuck with asian looking characters if you do that!
Eh? Did they change the models for the original classes in Factions?
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 10:27:30 AM

Yes.

If you have both campaigns, you get an option to create a Tyrian (original) or Canthan (Factions) character.  For Ritualists and Assassins there is only one set of art, but for every other profession you have a different set of faces, hair styles, and armor looks to choose from.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: What do I need?  
Jump to: