Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:05:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: 780 BILLION credits stolen in scam? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 780 BILLION credits stolen in scam?  (Read 10490 times)
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 11, 2006, 03:05:15 PM

I've found the same thing. Middle class mission runners are incredibly lazy. I sold a Dominix today for 62.5 million when there were 5 for sale one jump away at 59. Normally I keep my prices a little more competitive than that but that was the last ship I had in stock so I wasn't in any particular hurry to sell it.
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 11, 2006, 04:21:06 PM

I have recently tried to stop equating game time with isk and started trying to maximize my fun. Like taking a Rifter with T2 junk against random too large rats. Even when I blow up a few Dire Guristas or a multi cruiser spawn, the isk and loot are terrible. And I have died due to carelessness or lag. So the risk versus reward is terrible. But it's fun and fairly difficult. It'd be easier in a Rupture. And hella grindier. And in my Tempest it'd be boring.

The only problem is I don't currently have a hangar full of Rifters and fittings. I need to collect a big pile of T2 small shield boosters and whatnot, because as long as I'm having fun I don't care whether it's profitable or not. It's only when I have to spend a hour dealing with jump and market lag that the isk loss due to stupid stuff becomes unbearable. Once I get that big pile, then I'll do the same thing with random negative security guys wandering through my system. Sure I'll lose a bunch of ships and isk, but it'll be fun. And maybe I'll get good at it and I'll throw some money at a Jaguar.
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: September 11, 2006, 06:12:04 PM

At the moment, my sell orders are normally marked at the lowest point within a few jumps unless it's something very valuable with decent quantity (hull mods, implants, etc) which I know will move, mostly because my sell limit is low and I need to keep stuff moving to get it out, else it backs up.  I've also taken to putting up buy orders for everything I'd want with a 1 jump range and huge markdown.  As I do missions in those systems I make a run by the station to pickup whatever is new there, and continue on.  Easy way to get 20-30% off on stuff, maybe more depending on how long you're willing to wait.

I think the biggest thing that people miss is the need to setup an inventory.  Don't have one ship, or one set of mods - get 2-4 sets of your good stuff, and a half dozen of disposable stuffs.  If you only have one set and your ship goes up in smoke, you're left needing stuff NOW in order to continue playing, and that usually means buying at a higher price unless you're willing to trounce all across the region to get decent prices.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: 780 BILLION credits stolen in scam?  
Jump to: