Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:08:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Crafting 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crafting  (Read 4737 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: August 20, 2006, 10:03:11 AM

... so far leaves me cold.  I know it's early on, but it's not a very inspiring system.  Resources always pop up in the same places... boring and will be camped.  Everything, not just crafting implements, deteriourate waaaaay too fast, though crafting tools seem to be the worst.  Crafting doesn't seem to be able to be done independantly of others.  I don't know why, but for some reason I don't like this, unless there will eventually be a really good auction/vendor system.  If you are a weapon smith, you need boiled leather but you can't make or buy it from a vendor.  That bugs me.  I'm hoping there will be oodles of work done on crafting.  In a lot of games I've ignored it but I really don't want to do that.  I want to play all the game bits, including crafting.  I don't like having to avoid things.  Anyway, I'm sure by beta even, crafting will be sorted and I'll know what's up with it.  For now, I'll test it as much as I can stand, which probably isn't very much.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 03:44:02 PM

That and crafting/harvesting tools cost 16silver each.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 09:25:11 PM

Hearing this makes me sad. I never got a chance to try crafting in alpha 2 and I was looking forward to trying it in A3 once I get some F***ING TIME to sit down with it.

But it sounds basically like a WoW resource system (fixed, respawning nodes), which I hated, coupled with a standard crafting system with major interdependencies...

IMO, if you're going to have major dependencies, you're going to need a very robust market system. More robust than the WoW auction house, although not necessarily as robust as EVE.

Le sigh.
Calandryll
Developers

Would you kindly produce a web game.

Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 07:58:00 AM

Pretty sure the crafting tools cost is a bug. As far as the other feedback, I'll pass it along.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 10:25:25 AM

You didn't work this weekend, did you?  You did, like, stuff.  I bet you at BBQ, too.  This weekend I talked to people who don't play games at all.  It was exciting.

Oooh... I should put that in the random adventure thread that HMT started, shouldn't I?   cool

Yoru

Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 11:44:54 AM

You didn't work this weekend, did you?  You did, like, stuff.  I bet you at BBQ, too.  This weekend I talked to people who don't play games at all.  It was exciting.

Yes, yes I did. Again.  cry

2 weeks to vacation, a.k.a. AGC.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 12:05:49 PM

Stop it, then.  You're going to give us slackers an even worse name!

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 03:52:58 PM

The ore nodes for mining aren't overly easy to see.

Also, for some reason I'm feel like I'm taking MORE damage after making myself a few pieces of Bronze armor, despite each piece having like 30+ more armor. Also, the set looks nothing like bronze armor.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 04:31:14 PM

Today I made some sort of necklace.  It was crap so I didn't wear it but I'm very proud of myself.  I think it looked like a wee box or something.

WayAbvPar

Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 08:28:59 AM

OK, so I picked up a profession on each of my characters, but I can't use any of the recipes- tells me I need a proficiency of 1. How do I get that? I have been saving hides for 12 levels now so I can boil up some useless armor!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006, 10:36:55 AM

Mail works and you can send stuff so we can send people the bits they can't make.  I have lots of hides if anyone wants them.  I do wish crafting was not dependant on others, however.  I mostly avoid it in this game but I'm giving it another try this weekend since I have a huge amount of ore and a few gems.  I can hardly find any gems at all... makes being a jeweler a bit hard, unfortunately.  Unless that changes, I'll probably ditch it soon.

WayAbvPar

Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 09:29:26 AM

IIRC I have a few gems laying about. I will mail them to you if/when I find time to log in.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yoru

Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 10:59:06 AM

Do one of the resident craftards want to do a little summary of each crafting discipline? I'd like to poke at LOTRO some more when I get time, particularly any quirky crafts that don't involve beating furry critters over the face with a pointy thing and hoping for a drop.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Crafting  
Jump to: