Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:01:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: (UO expansion) You'll all scoff, but I'm still going to jizz. 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: (UO expansion) You'll all scoff, but I'm still going to jizz.  (Read 211053 times)
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #280 on: January 04, 2007, 09:15:24 AM

I only came in here because someone said jizz.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #281 on: January 04, 2007, 10:02:31 AM

Wow, I think I've developed internet instincts.

My first instinct was to Google image search for jizz and then post it, and a split send later, I had the realization that no, that would be an awful idea.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
WayAbvPar

Reply #282 on: January 04, 2007, 10:48:13 AM

Wow, I think I've developed internet instincts.

My first instinct was to Google image search for jizz and then post it, and a split send later, I had the realization that no, that would be an awful idea.

Pity...your 100th post is a nice round number to be banned on  evil evil

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #283 on: January 04, 2007, 10:50:18 AM

You could always edit his post, add pic of jizz and ban him for that. I promise I won't tell anyone.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #284 on: January 04, 2007, 12:58:54 PM

Who would have guessed that WUA UO's thread would be useful. Wonders of Intraweb.

I think main points of a classic server should be a) No Trammel b) No alts c) Classic 'drop all your loot' crafting and combat system.

So to make it simple - No Trammies, no alts and no artifacts.
I agree. All that itemization jazz really got away from what UO was about: simple systems to foster player interaction, for good or ill. I still think people can't have nice toys, and I still liked the old Siege Perilous server the best.

I liked that people couldn't get into it quickly, and could only roll up a single character. It drastically lowered the amount of douchebaggery on the server. That server had a great community and was some of the best UO I'd played, couldn't go back to a ghetto shard after that. People tended to be invested more in their characters. Sure, you had entire guilds of jackasses, but you generally knew them, where they hung out, and they were invested in their jackassy characters. Reputation meant something, and I don't mean the cheesy hard-coded system.

I've been thinking about SP a lot lately, I just wish I had the time to invest in playing. The very things I like about mmo are the barrier to my playing mmo.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #285 on: January 04, 2007, 01:06:56 PM

Actually, classic shard... I would be more than happy with Siege Perilous alone if it wasn't for that crap about limited gain per day or something like that...

Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #286 on: January 04, 2007, 01:35:35 PM

You could always edit his post, add pic of jizz and ban him for that. I promise I won't tell anyone.

Hey! I never did nothin' to nobody.  :-(

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Shapechanger
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: January 04, 2007, 01:42:16 PM

Should ban you just for thinking of it!!!  Get F13 shut down at work with jizz links =P

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
-M.T.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: January 05, 2007, 12:08:15 AM

I can't believe a single post changed this from "getting something important done: the musical" to Jizzgate: F13.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #289 on: January 05, 2007, 12:21:58 AM

The art of

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #290 on: January 05, 2007, 12:45:38 AM

I don't suppose someone can come along and (yet again) split and den the obvious spam if this is in danger of getting locked or something?  I believe everyone, myself included, will be happier if my UO news/blathering is confined to one thread, rather than a new one created everytime there's something to report.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #291 on: January 05, 2007, 08:54:49 AM

I don't suppose someone can come along and (yet again) split and den the obvious spam if this is in danger of getting locked or something?  I believe everyone, myself included, will be happier if my UO news/blathering is confined to one thread, rather than a new one created everytime there's something to report.

No.  Meandering is what makes F13 so beautiful.  Embrace the beauty.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: January 05, 2007, 10:33:06 AM

WUA I can lend you my flame template, hope it will help you defend this thread.

Auto Reply Form V1.3

Dear:

[ ] Clueless Newbie
[ ] Lamer
[ ] Flamer
[ ] Pervert
[ ] Geek
[ ] Spammer
[ ] Racist
[ ] Jackass
[ ] Troller
[ ] Fundamentalist
[ ] Satanist
[ ] "Expert"
[ ] Wannabe
[ ] Dumbass
[ ] Waste of Skin/Gray matter/Blood
[ ] WindupAtheist
[ ] Other

You Are Being Flamed Because:

[ ] You imported another debate into this post
[ ] You obviously don't know anything about the topic at hand
[ ] You posted a 'Top 10' post.
[ ] You posted a 'Relgion' post
[ ] You started a long, stupid thread
[ ] You continued spreading a long, stupid thread
[ ] Your post is absurdly off topic for where you posted it
[ ] Your lack of understanding of the fundamentals is disgusting
[ ] You posted a 'Lord of the Rings' post
[ ] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message
[ ] You posted low-IQ flamebait
[ ] You posted another UO thread
[ ] You posted a blatantly obvious troll
[ ] You followed up to a blatantly obvious troll
[ ] You said "X rules, Y sucks" and gave no support for your lame statement
[ ] You make no sense
[ ] You made a post yet failed to say anything
[ ] Your sig/alias/avatar is dreadful
[ ] Your post contained nothing but psycho-babble.
[ ] You are claiming that you know more than Newton, Fred Fury, Pavlov, etc.
[ ] Your awful markup made the post unreadable
[ ] You made a baseless assertion
[ ] You posted SCREAMING in RANDOM CAPS (OR IN ALL CAPS) for NO APPARENT REASON
[ ] YoU tYpEd SoMeThInG lAmE lIkE tHiS
[ ] You say your 'L33t liek Jeffk.', Or your spelling is so bad that no one can read it.
[ ] You didn't do anything specific, but appear to be so generally worthless that you are being flamed anyway

To Repent, You Must:

[ ] Refrain from posting until you have a vague idea what you're doing
[ ] Stop masturbating for a week
[ ] Read every group you posted to for a week
[ ] Give up your AOL account
[ ] Bust up your modem with a hammer and eat it
[ ] Tell your Mommy to up your medication
[ ] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor (monitor must be plugged in)
[ ] Actually post something relevant
[ ] Read and memorize the FAQ
[ ] Print your home phone number in your ads
[ ] Be the guest of honor in alt.flame for a month
[ ] Stop acting homosexually

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:

[ ] Blow me
[ ] Get a clue
[ ] Get a life
[ ] Go away
[ ] Grow up
[ ] Never post again
[ ] I pity your dog
[ ] You need to seek psychiatric help
[ ] Morons like you give ammo to pro-censorship morons
[ ] Yer momma's so fat/stupid/ugly that etc...
[ ] Take your gibberish somewhere else
[ ] Go back to school and actually learn something
[ ] Learn how to post or get off the site
[ ] You're a faggot
[ ] All of the above

Instructions: Check all that apply.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #293 on: January 05, 2007, 10:34:51 AM

If I get really bored, maybe.  OK, everyone, back to UO news/talking. 

Any more dumb crap will get split.

-Rasix
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #294 on: January 05, 2007, 10:48:02 AM

I found this post in my UO archives. I still think most of it (minus specific examples) stands.

AoS approaches PvP from wrong angle…

Following quote is from latest house of commons.

Lord-Xanthor - *Newman* You have already stated that there will be no work done on factions anytime soon... Yet, AoS was billed to be a big PvP expansion... care to explain?
Fertbert - I've mentioned in several of my posts on the UO message boards that we're adding a lot more options for PvP and PvM...and we are. :)
AdrickOSI - sorry Im late but just in time it seems
AdrickOSI - factions is a pvp system yes - in aos we chose to expand and improve the underlying methods to pvp
AdrickOSI - we hope this will improve all forms of combat and as a result improve the level of enjoyment participating in factions

Biggest problem with PvP is that not only mechanics should be improved but also dynamics should be addressed. PvP in this regard is very like sports car – you can have amazing sport car (PvP mechanics) but then it might not be street legal (PvP dynamics) so you can’t use it at all. At the moment, even with 2 hit kill faction runic arms, underpowered magic resistance, chain throwers of explosion potions and endless horse races mechanics are tolerable and can be considered an improvement when compared to UO:R. Still PvP dynamics, or ways to use PvP mechanics, were neglected since UO:R and right now in abysmal state. We have pointless ganking, have house hiding, endless horse races, server line hopping, moongate campers, broken factions, meaningless Order and Chaos wars no guild alliance options, no guild powers or options, dated and half broken guild interface and list goes on and on. There is not much point into adding all these new and wonderful options to PvP if nobody going to use them in a fun way. It doesn’t matter if you use spells, pets, nifty abilities – it won’t make being ganked or chasing bleeder for 20 minutes to some house any more fun.

My point is that something has to be done to improve dynamics in order to bring enjoyment back to PvP. Bring meaningful red vs. blue wars, add guild alliances, fix and improve factions, give some meaning to order and chaos wars and you will see PvP flourish even at current level of PvP mechanics.

Since then they proceeded to roll out AoS and FUBAR-ed PvP mechanics.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 10:52:35 AM by sinij »

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #295 on: January 05, 2007, 11:29:03 AM

I found this post in my UO archives.

Wait, your what?  I thought I was the crazy UO obssessive.

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #296 on: January 05, 2007, 11:36:59 AM

Thread derailed?

But to be halfway productive, the new client looks pretty good.  However, I'm still not going to play UO if it's full of samurai elves and shit.  I'm still a sucker for the potential that game has, the way a bunch of adventurers can wander into some guy's bar and kick back together or run off into a cave and hack on things or go fish up some sea monsters to fight for treasure.  That potential, however, is wasted as far as I've seen.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #297 on: January 05, 2007, 11:56:34 AM

I found this post in my UO archives.

You need a girlfriend.

I have to say that it might be worthwhile to keep this thread clean and organized since I don't think there's been a productive UO discussion since 2000.  I only played release-version UO, though, so I am probably not to be trusted.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #298 on: January 05, 2007, 12:39:27 PM

The samurai stuff is generally tasteful enough that I don't mind.  I even have GM Bushido on my character because it's useful to my template and unobtrusive.  (It's just a set of combat moves, your character doesn't scream "Corp Por" in Japanese or anything.)  The elf crap was just poorly-considered focus group nonsense, in my opinion.  Hopefully the next race they're adding will be something sensible and will dilute their influence a bit.

sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #299 on: January 05, 2007, 12:39:41 PM

You need a girlfriend.

Thats a lot of assumptions about my sex, martial status and sexual preferences crammed into short sentence. I keep archive of my rants and raves as a way to monitor progress of my mental ret^h^h^hdegradation. That and some of my posts are funny and good for a chuckle or two later on.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 12:43:02 PM by sinij »

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #300 on: January 05, 2007, 12:42:03 PM

I was hedging my bets in case you really did have a UO archive.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #301 on: January 05, 2007, 12:56:13 PM

Quote from: sinij
Short Term: I got tired of my wife car's shitty headlights so I'm retrofitting Xenons into it.
Regardless of who you are and how you identify, that would imply you are married and like women.

Or liked women at some point.

Or think of your husband as femme.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #302 on: January 05, 2007, 01:00:07 PM

That and some of my posts are funny and good for a chuckle or two later on.

Do you sit up at night in the dark and chuckle over your various bon mots and a cold beer?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: January 05, 2007, 01:23:10 PM

Every night. Don't you? If not, you should.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 01:25:29 PM by sinij »

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #304 on: January 05, 2007, 08:52:54 PM

Quotes from this week's "Five on Friday" thing which I think might be relevant to the thread.

"What’s next with PvP?"
From Darkscribe: "What’s truly next in PvP is a project that is being planned for after the launch of UOKR. As with all future plans, we aren’t going to talk about details right now because they will change dozens of times before you ever get to play it. The core idea is to give a much more compelling reason to PvP, which is what factions was supposed to do but never quite got there. That’s all for now."

"Are you ever going to look at low level content in the game for new characters? "
From Darkscribe again, since he's the KR newsman: "Yes, indeed. One of the least talked about portions of UOKR is the brand spanking new New Player Experience. We are working very hard to make the first 10-20 hours a much better time for new players, while taking out the repetition and brute force button mashing it takes to build skills. More details soon on that."

In terms of in-game events, noise is that either Moonglow or Luna (or both) will be destroyed.  UOAM has picked up a smashed-in copy of Moonglow floating out in space where players can't reach, and Luna is on fire on Test Center.  Sure it's just Test, but there was something about "city of paladins laid stone from stone" or some such in the event NPC dialogue a few months ago.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #305 on: January 05, 2007, 09:02:35 PM

New player experience needs to be built up with the brand new interface.  ie.  Build the interface then spend some time working on the new player interface.  To do otherwise is to engage in failure.  I would be willing to help test this (from a QA perspective).  Not attempting to garner a free invite on stuff, just offering services. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #306 on: January 05, 2007, 09:26:26 PM

Anything to help a new player at all is better than what UO has now, which is zippo.  Seriously, I don't know where my manual is, and just letting me loose in the world is great, except that I remember being killed by everything larger than a bunny.  It would also be awesome if I didn't have to perform brain surgery on the UO client to get it to run; way to lose your IP addresses, geniuses.  Fix that shit before you start putting yellow exclamation points over peoples heads.

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #307 on: January 05, 2007, 10:24:23 PM

They do take you on a little tour where they make you invisible and teleport your newbie character around to watch actual players doing stuff.  And a newbie character always gets a tutorial quest relevant to their skills.  But yeah, it could be a lot better.

Shapechanger
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: January 06, 2007, 01:38:49 AM

Okay... I look at UO and I think... 'Hmm, that game is OLD.  If I were to start playing it, I probably wouldn't be 10 years behind, as things have changed.  Maybe just 5 years behind, or 3 years behind....' then I think, 'no thanks.'

Thats the problem with MMOs.  All about the building up of.  All those expansions, too hard to catch up.  No sale.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
-M.T.
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #309 on: January 06, 2007, 11:21:08 PM

I don't think we covered all angles on 'jizz' discussion.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #310 on: January 08, 2007, 11:21:49 AM

They do take you on a little tour where they make you invisible and teleport your newbie character around to watch actual players doing stuff.  And a newbie character always gets a tutorial quest relevant to their skills.  But yeah, it could be a lot better.

I assume this has been added since December 2005, which was when I last bent the laws of time and space to install and run my original retail CDROM.

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #311 on: January 27, 2007, 11:29:01 AM

News.

The new graphics/UI client will be released for free, with an expansion requiring that client to be released a couple months later.  The new race is Gargoyle, which I love because it's an actual race from Ultima lore and not another Tolkien/WoW retread.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #312 on: January 27, 2007, 12:16:27 PM

News.

The new graphics/UI client will be released for free, with an expansion requiring that client to be released a couple months later.  The new race is Gargoyle, which I love because it's an actual race from Ultima lore and not another Tolkien/WoW retread.

Yeah but....

hhokay.

I guess I don't understand why you'd spend all of that time and money to hand it all over to free servers, who will probably see an upswing of popularity based on that spent time and money.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #313 on: January 27, 2007, 12:51:10 PM

Which is why EA might just finally put the legal beatdown on freeshards, as per the other thread.

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #314 on: January 27, 2007, 02:04:10 PM

Quote from: WindupAtheist
Which is why EA might just finally put the legal beatdown on freeshards, as per the other thread.
Well. I wish EA good luck with that. They'll certainly need it, with the amount of shards & players out there. I don't think they'll have much more luck if they target the server emulators themselves either.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: (UO expansion) You'll all scoff, but I'm still going to jizz.  
Jump to: