Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:09:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Alpha 3 Start Dates, Events and Prizes! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alpha 3 Start Dates, Events and Prizes!  (Read 15917 times)
Calandryll
Developers

Would you kindly produce a web game.

on: August 18, 2006, 07:56:17 AM

Just in case you all didn't see this...

Players who were in Alpha 2 will have access to the Arwen server starting on Friday, August 18. Newly invited Alpha 3 players will have access starting on Monday, August 21. Alpha 2 characters have been wiped.

We will be running events on Friday, Monday and many of the other Alpha 3 days. Players logged in during these times will have a chance to refer a friend into the Beta Program! The first event will be held on Friday starting at 7:00pm Eastern and will last until 9:00pm. Players logged in during this time will be selected at random throughout the event and contacted by Turbine admins. If you are selected, we’ll invite one of your friends into the Beta! So stay logged in the entire time from 7:00pm until 9:00pm!

We’ll post the details about the Monday and following events next week.

The Alpha 3 patch is now available. You won't be able to log in until Friday, but you can patch up now and be ready to log into the game as soon as the server opens!

Known issues and Release Notes are posted on the beta forums as well.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 08:12:10 AM

I would like to refer a friend from here, if possible.   At the same time, I would like to make sure we don't refer redundantly.  It would be nice to make our guild as big as possible.  I know there are quite a few people who really enjoy this game so far and there's nothing more demotivating than watching your guild disappear, one by one.  It's happened to us a lot.  This game is only in Alpha, so there is more of a chance that bits of it will be tedious and people might wander off.  I suggest, if we are going to refer as a guild, we try and refer doubles, and, if possible, wait to see who's in before we refer.  If we're not going to bother doing it as a guild, and no one has already, I'd probably refer Xanthippe, if she doesn't get in.

Oh and thanks for the info, Cal.  You so nice.  It would so cool if you looked just like Johnny Depp.  I would kidnap you and keep you locked up in my basement!  (well, cool for me, maybe a bit scary for you.  Especially since you'd have to dig your own basement)   smiley 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Calandryll
Developers

Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 08:21:02 AM

If we get duplicate referrals we'll contact one of the winners and ask for another name and e-mail. So don't worry about that.

As nice as being locked in a basement sounds, regretfully, I must admit I do not look like Johnny Depp. At all.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 08:46:13 AM

Don't be so hard on yourself.  I'm sure you're... male.

(Calandryll's a guy, right?)

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 09:03:47 AM

I see how it is...you Turbine kids wait until I have a busy weekend, then sneak the Alpha 3 build out. Curses!

I wasn't expecting it for another week, so this is a pleasant surprise. Looking forward to playing during my limited free time this weekend.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 09:31:46 AM

I see how it is...you Turbine kids wait until I have a busy weekend, then sneak the Alpha 3 build out. Curses!

I wasn't expecting it for another week, so this is a pleasant surprise. Looking forward to playing during my limited free time this weekend.

Please post what you're doing over this busy weekend in the proper thread.  http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=7894.msg216499#new

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 11:49:08 AM

Patching now.  I also have a pretty full weekend with house work, work work, and NDA in EVE.  I am reminded that I would like to complain that I think the patcher should start patching while I am reading the little comments, instead of waiting for me to click the "OK I read that" button.  Every minute counts, and I reed slow.

Edit: Maybe that was fixed in this update.  Hooray!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 11:53:08 AM

What's funny is that I got an email asking me to fill out of survey on how I liked Alpha 2 when I never got to play it since I got my invite when I was in California. I dunno if I should fill it out or just ignore it.

I will be playing Alpha 3 though.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Calandryll
Developers

Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 12:11:34 PM

What's funny is that I got an email asking me to fill out of survey on how I liked Alpha 2 when I never got to play it since I got my invite when I was in California. I dunno if I should fill it out or just ignore it.

I will be playing Alpha 3 though.
If you didn't play Alpha 2, best to ignore the survey. We'll be sending another one for Alpha 3.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 11:50:55 AM

I didn't win a present.   cry

WayAbvPar

Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 06:28:25 PM

Me neither! Of course, I have been playing non-office hours, so I wouldn't necessarily expect the dev team to be on 24/7.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 11:13:28 AM

The Arwen server will be available to Alpha 3 players at 6:00pm EDT tonight!

We will be running an event tonight starting at 7:00pm until 9:00pm EDT. Players logged in during this time will be selected at random throughout the event and contacted by Turbine admins. If you are selected, we’ll invite one of your friends into the Beta! So stay logged in the entire time from 7:00pm until 9:00pm!

There.  Presents tonight for random people.  I might have to make a character named Random.

WayAbvPar

Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 11:25:35 AM

Oooh I might get to log in for all of 30 minutes before it expired. Damned East Coasters! A pox, I say.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 02:35:04 PM

To Cal:  Will the people who's names we gave during the contest be sent invites soon-ish?  I had given Xanthippe's name.

Calandryll
Developers

Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 03:11:45 PM

To Cal:  Will the people who's names we gave during the contest be sent invites soon-ish?  I had given Xanthippe's name.
Those invites already went out. So if Xan didn't get one, then it either got eaten by a spam blocker or we missed it. If you could e-mail me a name and e-mail for Xan I can manunally send an invite. Sorry about that!

jhanna@turbine.com
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 04:58:03 PM

I patched up (with great difficulty) over the past two days, but my home intarweb tubes have been cutting out every 10 minutes or so for the past two days. A call to tech support this morning may have fixed it; we'll see.

I intend to give this yet another whirl once Time manifests.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 09:52:23 AM

Thanks for the invite, Cal, and thanks, Signe for poking him so much.

I dl'ed the client last night using FreshDownload but it didn't work correctly, so I'm now using the Firefox extension downloader and trying again.  I figure it will be done in 4-6 hours.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 06:40:45 AM

Presents tonight!  And tomorrow, too!  Woo hoo!

WayAbvPar

Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 09:23:40 AM

Does that mean some of you will be on to entertain me? Every time I log on it is a ghost town in BC.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 09:24:13 AM

Arthur_Parker and I are usually on.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: October 18, 2006, 09:33:00 AM

My latest excuse is that Righ and I have terrible head colds.  Righ isn't much into the game right now, anyway.  He decided to finally shove Kotor2 into the Xbox and has been sort of hooked on that.  When I have a head ache or not feeling well, I find staying on the computer for longish stretches makes me feel worse. 

WayAbvPar

Reply #21 on: October 18, 2006, 09:35:51 AM

So you are telling me 'not tonight, I have a headache"Huh I knew we were secretly married!

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #22 on: October 18, 2006, 10:29:59 AM

I either need someone in BC to find me or I need someone to remind me how to /who all bat in this game.  I guess I can just sort by guild and scroll through....

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #23 on: October 18, 2006, 11:54:00 AM

So you are telling me 'not tonight, I have a headache"Huh I knew we were secretly married!

No, I think I'll try to log in and play a bit.  I can put Pinks on to record, I guess.  I'm getting tired of it anyway... it's changed since last season.  Some of the episodes don't deserve to be aired.  Dammit.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #24 on: October 18, 2006, 02:55:08 PM

I either need someone in BC to find me or I need someone to remind me how to /who all bat in this game.  I guess I can just sort by guild and scroll through....
If you see my on the forums send me a PM and I'll invite you to the kinship.
WayAbvPar

Reply #25 on: October 19, 2006, 09:51:39 AM

I forgot about the event until 5 minutes after it ended. I logged on anyway, and of course was completely alone AGAIN. Why do you all hate me so? Do you have something against dwarves?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #26 on: October 19, 2006, 11:20:19 AM

I almost did that, only being freed from the stooges after midnight.  But I played Planescape instead.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #27 on: October 19, 2006, 12:33:04 PM

I was there for a little bit.  I waited for you lot but you rejected me.   cry  So I went trick or treating on CoV, instead.  I got rubber gloves.

WayAbvPar

Reply #28 on: October 19, 2006, 12:34:52 PM

I grouped with another player briefly to finish a quest (so we wouldn't have to wait for the spawn twice). Of COURSE he won the roll for the purple weapon that dropped. I seriously don't think I have won a single roll for an item yet.

Not sure if rubber gloves is better than that, though.  tongue

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #29 on: October 19, 2006, 01:09:47 PM

This wasn't a quest drop, right?  Right?  Just a loot drop?  Right?

WayAbvPar

Reply #30 on: October 19, 2006, 01:18:39 PM

I am assuming it was just a loot drop, since we had to roll for it. It dropped off the boss mob in a quest (had to kill 20 brigands/half-orcs and their boss).

Pity there is no sekret Thotbot for beta players. I have no idea what kind of stuff is actually good or not. Purple is a neat color though  :-D

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #31 on: October 19, 2006, 01:23:42 PM

Sorry, I just had flashbacks of fighting over quest items.

WayAbvPar

Reply #32 on: October 26, 2006, 09:52:11 AM

Another event tonight. Who is making the guild this time? I will probably use the name Antolin this go round.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #33 on: October 26, 2006, 09:58:04 AM

Probably someone that plays more than myself should.  Just remember, if you create Bat Country, let us know who you are.  Invite everyone, make them all officers.. yadda, yadda, yadda.

-Rasix
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #34 on: October 26, 2006, 10:40:49 AM

I'll try and pop in! 

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Alpha 3 Start Dates, Events and Prizes!  
Jump to: