Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:51:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Something odd... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Something odd...  (Read 3266 times)
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

on: August 10, 2006, 12:43:49 PM

Not sure how to word this, so I'll just explain how to reproduce it...

-Put the game into windowed mode.

-Go somewhere safe like a city or town.

-Press numlock to activate the autorun feature.  Then press jump.

While your character is in mid-air and autorunning, quickly click the top bar of the window and drag it around for about 10 seconds.

-When you release the mouse button and stop dragging the window, you will find that your character (although in auto-run) has not moved at all in those 10 seconds and is still in mid-jump.  The rest of the world has, of course, continued to move.

It's just something minor... client-side, it's almost as if your character freezes in time... Makes me wonder what everyone else sees, especially on that jumping trick. :)
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 01:17:17 PM

Are you sure you weren't playing MxO?  evil

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 01:20:48 PM

Heh, for odd bugs:

I got stuck in a door.  No big deal, part of betas/alphas is always getting stuck on geometry, falling through the world, etc.  I could jump, but I just could move forward/or backward or reenter the inn.   /stuck apparently does nothing.

So, I do a /death.  This definately unsticks you because you're now.. umm.. dead.  So, after I respawn at the circle, I'm still unable to move in any directions.  Just spin and jump. 

Rebooting the client worked.

-Rasix
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 01:36:53 PM

Are you sure you weren't playing MxO?  evil

I don't know what that is.  undecided
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 01:43:50 PM

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 03:56:01 PM

For fucks sake you need to tag that kind of shit.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Something odd...  
Jump to: