Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:12:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: From the Mouths of Indies #1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: From the Mouths of Indies #1  (Read 4011 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: August 08, 2006, 04:11:05 PM

From the Mouths of Indies #1

By now the news about E3 shedding its flashy show-floor and being reincarnated as a leaner, meaner, more business-focused event called 'E3Expo' is pretty old - at least, by internet standards.

Still, among all the coverage of the changeover, some of the people who matter most in this sea of sequelitis didn't get much of a voice - I'm speaking, of course, of the independent developers, on whom many have pinned hopes and dreams of a glorious, 'innovative' future for game design.

So I pretty much decided, hell, if some hack at IGN can do it, I can swing this 'interview' thing; hence, I bring you 'From The Mouths of Indies' - what I hope to be a series of talks with smaller developers about trade events, marketing and distribution.

The first group I managed to catch up with were the great guys at Introversion Software; Thomas Arundel patiently responded to a never-ending line of questioning.

» Read More
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 04:25:33 PM

TA: We only went to E3 once. When we went, it seemed to be mostly a retail event and was swamped with obese employees of Electronics Boutique wandering around in packs, barging everyone else out of the way, or taking it in turns to have photos taken with tired PVC clad models.

I like this guy already. Great job Yoru.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Hokers
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 06:05:34 AM

I think you did a good job there, nice interview.  You saw which direction they were leading you and got them to reveal some interesting stuff.

I knew I had to get out of journalism when an interview with the new bass player from Soundgarden went horribly wrong.
WindiaN
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 06:35:28 AM

nice interview. Never really looked twice at the games they had on steam, maybe i'll check them out!
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 08:51:25 AM

It made me download their Uplink demo, which I'll have to actually play at some point.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 09:47:38 AM

It made me download their Uplink demo, which I'll have to actually play at some point.

Uplink is really quite awesome. I played it for a while in college. Too bad they never finished the multiplayer part, to my knowledge.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 08:15:10 PM

I'm a big fan of introversion software; I played Uplink a long time ago when it came out, and even spent some time cracking the code on the optional extras zip file. I played Darwinia, but to be honest I didn't like it all that much, I didn't care for the interface; I'm looking forward to Defcon.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: From the Mouths of Indies #1  
Jump to: