Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:32:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Nice game, but dear god, the crashes. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nice game, but dear god, the crashes.  (Read 39302 times)
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #35 on: July 19, 2006, 11:50:12 AM

These things have happened before and always have been attributed to human error. - HAL-9000
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #36 on: July 19, 2006, 06:34:10 PM

What files do you need for this to work? I'm at the Village of Zhidan (Great Wall portal point) right now.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #37 on: July 20, 2006, 05:04:54 AM

I would guess your entire "Normal" folder...only like 600k, has all the .que files.

This is purely speculation. I really have no idea.....What level do you usually end up being at the end of "Normal"? My Assassin is 32....If I am close, I could grind, or something, and simply run an end-boss run and possibly unlock Epic mode That way.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #38 on: July 20, 2006, 07:39:58 AM

Here's my entire "Normal" folder zipped up. I'm at Chang'an but I haven't talked to (or found) the Emperor yet.
Strazos

Reply #39 on: July 20, 2006, 12:40:16 PM

BWAHAHAHA, Success! Thanks Trippy.

I took your "Normal" folder, and put it in my C:\Documents and Settings\[whatever you have on your PC]\My Documents\My Games\Titan Quest\SaveData\Main\_[toon name]\Levels_World_World01.map" dir, and simply renamed the "Normal" folder that was already there. I then blitzed to the Emperor and back to town, and then unlocked the gates I could not before, went to the next Rebirth shrine, and then logged out and used Yoru's TQBackup.

"I AM THE MASTER!!"

Oh, also...Yoru, have you posted your nice little app on any big TQ sites or anything? I could see how it would be immensely useful...heh, imagine, actually contributing to a game community, or something.  :-D

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #40 on: July 20, 2006, 02:11:54 PM

imagine, actually contributing to a game community, or something.

That's not really what we do here, you want to get him banned or something?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Strazos

Reply #41 on: July 20, 2006, 02:18:18 PM

Durr, I mean mods and shit...we just talk. A lot.

Fear the Backstab!
Yoru

Reply #42 on: July 20, 2006, 02:46:49 PM

Posting it places would involve effort and I'd probably have to support it. I GPL'd it, so anyone can redistribute and modify it if they want to.
Strazos

Reply #43 on: July 20, 2006, 02:51:48 PM

It would be an interesting idea to make a game backup at each major plot point, so that any crash in any mode would not neccessarily leave you fuxx0red.

Fear the Backstab!
Yoru

Reply #44 on: July 20, 2006, 03:25:45 PM

Tell that to Ironlore. An intern should be able to do it in an afternoon, given that my util works and is just a straight file copy. Someone on the inside could probably do it more elegantly given a few days.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Nice game, but dear god, the crashes.  
Jump to: