Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 08:30:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Talk about how overpowered your build is. 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Talk about how overpowered your build is.  (Read 86608 times)
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 14, 2006, 01:01:33 PM

I find the wolves really annoying. They like running up to blade/ice/fire traps and autoattacking them, getting hit by 3 blades at once. I spent more time healing and resummoning them than they did kicking ass.

The dryad is pretty awesome though. Also, be sure to resummon everything after you hit a mastery shrine. The levels on the sumons will stick after the shrine effects wear off.

For buffs like Heart of Oak, however, if you recast it it'll expire when the mastery effect does.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #36 on: July 14, 2006, 02:59:15 PM

I've built up a conjurer (spirit/earth) and between the fire buff and full ternion attack, epic Typhon drops ridiculously fast. The big Dragon Liche gave me much more of a headache.

That said, I can take about a hit and a half from anything, then it's dirtnap time. I swapped all my damage boosting equip for resist and armor, and could take slightly less than 2 hits before death.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #37 on: July 17, 2006, 05:46:09 AM

Hunting/Earth, I w1n

well, so far so good as an Avenger anyways.  The ability to dmg buff your range attacks is nifty, but don't know how it compares to other spell range attackes
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 17, 2006, 03:48:29 PM

Downside to overpoweredness...

I've not clicked on the desktop shortcut in 3 days. Burnt out at level 44, in Megara on Legendary.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #39 on: July 20, 2006, 06:53:30 AM

I picked up a Core Dweller and basically got rid of all my Hunting skills.  Things are almost too easy now.  Meh me.
CassandraR
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 20, 2006, 11:29:57 PM

I was about to give up on bows until I tried the Monster Lure skill. That decoy is totally immortal inless something starts casting magic at it. Clusters most of the mobs up nicely too so they all get hit by my Study Prey. :)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #41 on: July 21, 2006, 09:32:39 AM

Welp, just beat Typhon on normal....the first run was THE easiest boss fight in the game. Got the Battle Marker and Mastery, dropped my Battle Standard and Fash Powdered him...he just sat there as I crit him to death.

Too bad I wasn't running FRAPS on that run. I tried to duplicate it, but couldn't really...I guess I got lucky with the stuns.

Also, for some reason, whenever I start recording....after I am finished, hit F9 again to stop recording, and go to watch the movie, it only records the first 30 seconds of whatever I wanted to capture....wtf?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Xilren's Twin

Reply #42 on: July 21, 2006, 09:59:39 AM

Welp, just beat Typhon on normal....the first run was THE easiest boss fight in the game. Got the Battle Marker and Mastery, dropped my Battle Standard and Fash Powdered him...he just sat there as I crit him to death.

Yeah, I just finished him on normal this morning too.  Didn't even use any shrines, just Battle Standard and my Ancestral Warriror war horn summons.  The elder minotaur lords gave me more trouble on the way there...

Got a piece of the Apple Bearer's Set.  Now there's a name to inspire fear in your enemies...

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Strazos

Reply #43 on: July 21, 2006, 10:09:01 AM

I also got a piece of the set...haven't looked at it yet.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 21, 2006, 10:20:41 AM

Too bad I wasn't running FRAPS on that run. I tried to duplicate it, but couldn't really...I guess I got lucky with the stuns.

Also, for some reason, whenever I start recording....after I am finished, hit F9 again to stop recording, and go to watch the movie, it only records the first 30 seconds of whatever I wanted to capture....wtf?

Titan Quest really doesnt play well with other programs. I had to lower it's priority to lowest in task manager to be able to access a shared drive on my main computer from my other computer. The game seems to run fine dispite the lowered priority and other programs don't stall out.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #45 on: July 21, 2006, 10:21:13 PM

Because you didn't pay for it?
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #46 on: July 22, 2006, 02:46:50 PM

Going to test this build (although I wish I could just skip to actIII)

Corsair (L30):

Defense
Battle Awareness: (Rank: 1 of 10)
Batter: (Rank: 1 of 12)
Armor Handling: (Rank: 6 of 6)
Adrenaline: (Rank: 10 of 10)
Focus: (Rank: 6 of 6)
Shield Charge: (Rank: 1 of 12)

Rogue
Throwing Knife: (Rank: 10 of 10)
Flash Powder: (Rank: 8 of 8)
Flurry of Knives: (Rank: 6 of 6)

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Mr. Right
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: July 22, 2006, 04:14:18 PM

A few advices since I'm corsair... or was, I can't decide if I'll finish epic or stop playing (still have to finish oblivions which has allot more dept).

I strongly recommend Iron will  if you chose the battle awareness line of skills, it's a live saver in Epic.  Six ranks of focus is a bit useless if you don't have quick recovery.  You should put one point into focus and max out quick recovery, it's much more effective.

There's no real need to max out flash powder, especially not at lvl 30.  Flash is a really nice skill but the effectiveness for skill investment after rank 1 is not that great.  I have 4 ranks at lvl 36 and the skill does want I want.  I'm not planing to invest more until I reach lvl 55+

Adrenaline is not really effective after lvl 30 - invest in defensive reaction instead.  It scales better has you lvl up.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 07:10:10 AM by Mr. Right »
Strazos

Reply #48 on: July 22, 2006, 04:59:26 PM

Because you didn't pay for it?

Oh snap, you have to pay for more than 30 seconds of functionality? Heh.

Fear the Backstab!
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: July 23, 2006, 10:33:15 AM

I'm still on my first time through the game. Just finished the Valley of the Kings.

The Telkine was laughable. I'm level 26 Earth/Nature, and my Core Dweller's health didn't move for the entire fight.
The Telkine's attacks were all fire-based, so that probably had something to do with it.

I've respecced my build to be a little more focused. I just have the Earth Enchantment, Core Dweller, and fireball lines in Earth, plus the health bonus and healing lines in Nature.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
StGabe
Terracotta Army

Bruce without the furry.

Reply #50 on: July 23, 2006, 09:54:53 PM

I tried a throwing knives build.  I found that the refresh timer on throwing knives really sucked and made it not really viable.

WayAbvPar

Reply #51 on: July 25, 2006, 10:11:12 AM

Just started playing yesterday as a Pyromancer (haven't hit level 8 yet to get a 2nd mastery). I have heavily invested in Ring of Flame, since it seems to make all the week swarming mobs go away quickly. I am starting to wonder how viable it is going to be later in the game though, since I am not going to want to be in melee range of things too often. Is that the case? How gimped am I?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos

Reply #52 on: July 25, 2006, 10:14:51 AM

It depends on the radius of the power. If it's large enough, I imagine you could just kite shit around...worked well enough for bards in EQ anyway.

Fear the Backstab!
WayAbvPar

Reply #53 on: July 25, 2006, 10:30:10 AM

I think I have it at like 5/8 now and it is under 3m in diameter.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: July 25, 2006, 10:44:20 AM

Just started playing yesterday as a Pyromancer (haven't hit level 8 yet to get a 2nd mastery). I have heavily invested in Ring of Flame, since it seems to make all the week swarming mobs go away quickly. I am starting to wonder how viable it is going to be later in the game though, since I am not going to want to be in melee range of things too often. Is that the case? How gimped am I?

Depends. Have you got the Core Dweller? If so, he'll tank for you, so you won't need to be in melee range of anything.

This is not to say that the ring of fire is not useful. I have Earth Enchantment, which has a low radius itself. So, I stay pretty close to the Core, so he can benefit from the EE. Ring of Fire adds good supplemental damage in this case.

But even so, you might find that you can better spend the points elsewhere.

You aren't perma gimped anyway -- certain cities (I think Delphi is the first one) have npc's that let you buy back your skill points, so you can reallocate them.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: July 25, 2006, 11:20:40 AM

Depends. Have you got the Core Dweller? If so, he'll tank for you, so you won't need to be in melee range of anything.

This is not to say that the ring of fire is not useful. I have Earth Enchantment, which has a low radius itself. So, I stay pretty close to the Core, so he can benefit from the EE. Ring of Fire adds good supplemental damage in this case.

But even so, you might find that you can better spend the points elsewhere.

Combine ring with stone form for more effective aeing.

You aren't perma gimped anyway -- certain cities (I think Delphi is the first one) have npc's that let you buy back your skill points, so you can reallocate them.

Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #56 on: July 25, 2006, 08:52:59 PM

I've picked up the game and have been running around with a warrior so far.  I'm liking it a lot, but wondering if I should pick up defense or go with something else, just hit level 16 and don't plan on taking anything else for a long time.  I really like using 2 weapons, so defense is looking less promising, with storm, earth, nature, or rogue looking pretty cool.  I might try making another guy with defense and then picking up warfare (going the conquer route...but it looks harder to build).

Anyone playing any online games?  I haven't gotten the patch yet...
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: July 26, 2006, 07:33:48 AM

I have a warrior/fire character.  He's my highest level so far and is in Epic mode now.  He whipped right through Normal with absolutely no issues.  He'd one-hit everything and make enemies fly off cliffs!

In Epic?  I can't get past the damned Medusa trio.  Now I'm trying everything to update my equipment to try and figure out why I keep dieing so damned fast. 

Warrior is very sweet in Normal, but after that, not so much.  It feels like any increase in armor rating you get just doesn't do a lot.  I'm thinking I have to do something about my resistances more than anything.  I haven't done defense line on any characters.  From my experience, physical defense just doesn't do you much good at Epic and beyond.  Maybe I'm wrong.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #58 on: July 26, 2006, 08:22:19 AM

I have a warrior/fire character.  He's my highest level so far and is in Epic mode now.  He whipped right through Normal with absolutely no issues.  He'd one-hit everything and make enemies fly off cliffs!

In Epic?  I can't get past the damned Medusa trio.  Now I'm trying everything to update my equipment to try and figure out why I keep dieing so damned fast. 

Warrior is very sweet in Normal, but after that, not so much.  It feels like any increase in armor rating you get just doesn't do a lot.  I'm thinking I have to do something about my resistances more than anything.  I haven't done defense line on any characters.  From my experience, physical defense just doesn't do you much good at Epic and beyond.  Maybe I'm wrong.

It's definately harder on Epic with my Warfare/Storm guy.  Im lvl 31 now, and stuff like the blue cat women give me far more problems than I expected, probably b/c my resist other than fire suck and they use poison.
I'm just past Delphi, so hadnt tried the medusa's yet but thus far Red bosses have been going down really fast with my Ancestral Warriors (summons 3 orange level guys for 24 secs who just tear shit up) and a Battle Standard.  If the Warriors recast timer was less I'd be unstoppable.

I just feel disastisfied with my gear.  The blues from normal just dont hold up now, and I can't find decent blue's I can use, so most of my stuff is enhanced yellows and greens, even my main weapon and armor.  I found an Ajax sword and am trying it b/c it's fast plus +20% attack speed but it just doesn't seem to have the punch i want.  I've been perusing the Storm tree for skills to look at next nothing is calling my name.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #59 on: July 26, 2006, 09:57:22 AM

Hit level 8 last night and took Spirit to go along with Earth. I was really torn between Spirit, Storm, and Nature. Any advice from those of you past level 8? =)

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: July 26, 2006, 10:36:56 AM

Warrior build discussion.

You are close to the same boat as me.  I was doing just fine right up until the medusa.  It is like a 5 level hike in difficulty I swear.

I'll have to check out that summons.  I have my points split between fire and war.  I've been thinking about dedicating to war more and this is a good excuse to do it.  I just need something to keep those damned gorgons off my back while I chop them down.

On items, same thing too.  I've stopped looking at value lately as that was throwing me off some.  Now, I'm buying nice green items from the vendor and enhancing them up.  I'm buying based on stats and resitances mostly and that has helped quite a bit.  I actually increased my DPS by 50% and brought all my resistances to at least 0% (were a lot of negatives before.)

I think the developers of this campaign expected people to group on these higher difficulty levels though.  I can't imagine how hard it is going to be at Legendary for a melee type.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: July 26, 2006, 11:43:39 AM

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that you are supposed to group for legendary, which would make the problem not that some people can't solo it but that some have a very easy time of it.  My soothsayer dies a lot in legendary, but thats because im used to blindly rushing foward and laying waste to whole camps with tiernon attack while my lich and outsider mop up the stragglers instead of letting them go in front of me like i should now that i can get 2-3 shotted.

I am the .00000001428%
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: July 26, 2006, 12:09:26 PM

Warrior build discussion.

You are close to the same boat as me.  I was doing just fine right up until the medusa.  It is like a 5 level hike in difficulty I swear.

I'll have to check out that summons.  I have my points split between fire and war.  I've been thinking about dedicating to war more and this is a good excuse to do it.  I just need something to keep those damned gorgons off my back while I chop them down.

On items, same thing too.  I've stopped looking at value lately as that was throwing me off some.  Now, I'm buying nice green items from the vendor and enhancing them up.  I'm buying based on stats and resitances mostly and that has helped quite a bit.  I actually increased my DPS by 50% and brought all my resistances to at least 0% (were a lot of negatives before.)

I think the developers of this campaign expected people to group on these higher difficulty levels though.  I can't imagine how hard it is going to be at Legendary for a melee type.

With my warrior/fire guy Medusa's tore me up in normal mode, was more of the same in epic.  Died about 3 times in that fight.  After I killed the first one, lots of running, I just stuck my core on medusa and killed the other one no problem with battle standard, then moped up last one with core.   Getting the first one killed was the hard part, thats alot of damage to soak up quickly and stone form has that damn timer :p  after that it was just cleanup. 
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: July 26, 2006, 01:50:59 PM

With a bit of running around it's possible to split the medusa's. I went up the right side, then ran back when I had agro from the nearest and the other 2 went back to their spots leaving me  able to kill the rightmost one solo. However, when you get to crete, you are in for a world of pain. The automata in front of the labrinth is basically unkillable by my war/storm hybrid. He has two stun attacks and basically keeps my guy chain stunned. He also hits for half my life often. At that point I packed in my melee guy and went back to my caster. Supposedly you can just run around him and into the labrinth but that sucks.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: July 26, 2006, 02:40:41 PM

With a bit of running around it's possible to split the medusa's. I went up the right side, then ran back when I had agro from the nearest and the other 2 went back to their spots leaving me  able to kill the rightmost one solo. However, when you get to crete, you are in for a world of pain. The automata in front of the labrinth is basically unkillable by my war/storm hybrid. He has two stun attacks and basically keeps my guy chain stunned. He also hits for half my life often. At that point I packed in my melee guy and went back to my caster. Supposedly you can just run around him and into the labrinth but that sucks.

I have an amulet with 95% stun resist which I don for such encounters  ;)
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: July 26, 2006, 04:40:31 PM

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that you are supposed to group for legendary, which would make the problem not that some people can't solo it but that some have a very easy time of it.  My soothsayer dies a lot in legendary, but thats because im used to blindly rushing foward and laying waste to whole camps with tiernon attack while my lich and outsider mop up the stragglers instead of letting them go in front of me like i should now that i can get 2-3 shotted.

Yeah, that exact change of pace has made me quit the game basically. You either get 2 shotted or sit back in total safety. No middle ground.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #66 on: July 27, 2006, 11:10:37 AM

I started with Warfare, and picked up Hunter.  Planned to go with twin spears until I realized you can't DW spears.  Now I need to untrain 6 points in warfare.

Now planning to go spear/shield, with the weapon speed passives that increase offense in warfare, and defense in hunter, I should be pretty well set for melee, assuming I can find a good magical spear.  I found a blue sword recently that is pretty gross, and my shield is green, Outsider's Buckler, or some such.  It's pretty nice considering my level(9/10ish)

I feel that the demo was more than a little misleading.. the quests are the same, but the skills have changed, item prices have changed drastically,lots of things are just way different.  Game seems a bit harder than it was.

--
Alkiera
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 11:29:51 AM by Alkiera »

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Strazos

Reply #67 on: July 27, 2006, 11:16:05 AM

I have like 4 blue shields, among other junk, that I can drop next time someone has a game running.

Fear the Backstab!
WayAbvPar

Reply #68 on: July 27, 2006, 11:19:17 AM

I have some nice blue greaves that I have no hope of ever using, but they are probably too low level for anyone to really care about. Stats are pretty sweet for a strength based character though.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: July 28, 2006, 02:06:56 AM

I have an amulet with 95% stun resist which I don for such encounters  ;)

Nevermind that 95% stun resist must mean everything except for that Talos guy.  My 37 war/pyro got stomped by level 50 Talos repeatedly and even 1 shotted me with his fire attack that stunned and burned despite having around 60 fire resist at the time.  Makes me wanna just start over or quit the damn game. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Talk about how overpowered your build is.  
Jump to: