Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2014, 11:54:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***IF YOU DONATED $50+ AND WANT A TITLE, READ THIS POST.***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Talk about how overpowered your build is. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Talk about how overpowered your build is.  (Read 20735 times)
Nija
Terracotta Army

on: July 12, 2006, 12:20:09 pm

I was playing MP with a buddy last night who is a 39 Summoner. He's a bit further ahead of me and he was telling me all day (on AIM) about how shitty Talos is and how badly he's going to kick my ass when I'm there. Blah blah "it's the only encounter so far that consistently kicks my ass"

Well, Talos killed me once. I had no idea that he had an attack that stuns you for 10 seconds and does about 1800 dmg. Once I knew that, he died easily. My buddy had to join a game and WATCH me do it, because he just couldn't believe it.

I fired it up again and recorded it this morning. Kinda cheezy, but shows my mmo kiting skills.

SOOFSAYER 4 LIFE.

http://content.eefoof.com/video/2292

It's funny how I usually end up with a totally broken build in every game I play. When I signed up with EQ2 to play on the PVP server I SPECIFICALLY looked for the weakest, most interesting class possible (dirge) because I've played nothing but overpowered shit for years and years.

The other video I have is killing the end boss on normal difficulty, which isn't too amazing really. http://content.eefoof.com/video/2160
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

Trading Cotton for Chalupas in 2014!

Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 12:27:07 pm

Looks like I'll have fun with my assassin eventually.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 01:10:51 pm

Ranger is only moderately broken. Full-up puncture shot arrows decimate things if I can coax them into a straight line, otherwise I'm just a single-target moderate-damage guy who's really heavily stocked into piercing damage, so armored enemies are chumps and the undead make me scream like a little girl.

On the upside, fully-upgraded Heart of Oak means nothing's oneshotted me yet, even in Legendary mode. 5000 HP for the win.

However, melee bosses can be chumpified if I trigger my Trees ability at the right time; with good timing, meleers get 'stuck' between trees, unable to move, attack or die. They just kind of wiggle and spin until the trees go away; if you take their health to 0, they'll drop their stuff and keep spinning until the trees go away, and then they'll fall over dead.

Trees lasts 30 seconds and has a 2 minute recharge; if I trigger it too early or against ranged enemies, the enemies chop the trees down and I'm all Sad Panda
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 01:12:24 pm

I play a bow wielding slayer, kills pretty much any boss in a few seconds. Can't tank for shit though, so I get killed in one hit on legendary difficulty bosses. I don't even know who Talos is so I guess he died fairly fast  tongue
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 01:14:00 pm

Ranger is only moderately broken. Full-up puncture shot arrows decimate things if I can coax them into a straight line, otherwise I'm just a single-target moderate-damage guy who's really heavily stocked into piercing damage, so armored enemies are chumps and the undead make me scream like a little girl.

On the upside, fully-upgraded Heart of Oak means nothing's oneshotted me yet, even in Legendary mode. 5000 HP for the win.

However, melee bosses can be chumpified if I trigger my Trees ability at the right time; with good timing, meleers get 'stuck' between trees, unable to move, attack or die. They just kind of wiggle and spin until the trees go away; if you take their health to 0, they'll drop their stuff and keep spinning until the trees go away, and then they'll fall over dead.

Trees lasts 30 seconds and has a 2 minute recharge; if I trigger it too early or against ranged enemies, the enemies chop the trees down and I'm all Sad Panda

I hope you have study prey, it's the best skill in the hunter tree pretty much. I don't know exactly how the numbers stack up, but killing for example a zombie mob without study prey is 20~ arrows, perhaps more, with study prey on it's 2-3 arrows.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 01:17:04 pm

shocked

Next level or skill point and I will get that skill. I was avoiding it because it looked crappy.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 02:51:24 pm

Talos took us like 5 mins to kill the other night.  That guy is crazy for a melee to even try.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 04:35:16 pm

Talos took us like 5 mins to kill the other night.  That guy is crazy for a melee to even try.

Where is he? Sounds like he'll be tough.
N