Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:22:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Review: Prey. It has a mode called Multiprey. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Review: Prey. It has a mode called Multiprey.  (Read 10958 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: July 12, 2006, 05:12:36 AM

Review: Prey. It has a mode called Multiprey.

That's an engrish joke.

So, a good number of us played the demo. A good number of the people that played the demo played online a bit. Does the game offer more than that? Ehhhhhh. No. Don't get me wrong, it's one of the few FPS titles in existence I'll actually finish. The single player game is just fantastic in a way that Doom will never be. There are parts that are more frantic than Half-Life 2 and then there are parts that really grind my gears. For the most part, the single player mode is a truly stellar first person shooter. After playing it for a good five hours, I came to appreciate the level design and seamlessness of the world - something that very few games can coax out of me. Half-Life 2 was a circle. Prey is not, or at least, it hasn't shown me it is - yet. How's the multiplayer? Well, did you download the demo.

It's unfortunate given how highly I rank the single player (and multiplayer for that matter) game here, because it really only needs a ten word review. Those ten words would be: Look, there's some crazy shit you're missing, so buy it.

Gallery:  [To be added soon]

Pros & Cons after the jump.

» Read More
HRose
I'm Special

VIKLAS!

Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 06:22:10 AM

It's almost a year that I hype and follow Prey on my website, so I definitely agree.

The only gripes I have are about the game being a bit too short (from what I hear), some technology limits (the aliens invented dimensional portals, wall walking pads and gravity flipping, but it seems they are the only ones to not be able to use them), and the death walk.

In particual the last one I think it could have been easily improved by regenerating the health of the monsters when the player dies. As it is right now it feels a bit too "cheap".

-HRose / Abalieno
cesspit.net
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 11:19:11 AM

Review: Prey. It has a mode called Multiprey.

That's an engrish joke.

Ha!

Viklas being the first responder makes it even better.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 11:23:18 AM

I couldn't even grow a beard like that if I tried...and I have tried.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 12:06:39 PM

No additional modes in Multiplayer? Well, strike this one off the list. I'm not really big on single-player FPS.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 12:24:59 PM

Mine's rocking about nine inches now.
WayAbvPar

Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 12:55:34 PM

Mine's rocking about nine inches now.

Your revolution is over, Mr. Sky! Condolences. The bums lost. My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Sky? The bums will always lose!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 01:17:50 PM

No additional modes in Multiplayer? Well, strike this one off the list. I'm not really big on single-player FPS.

Didn't check and didn't say there weren't. I'll look it up tonight when I play.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 05:45:27 AM

Ok, didn't even hop into Prey. Only played Chromehounds tonight. Got through a campaign and a half. Need to see what the persistant online world domination thing is before I write any sort of review.

Thus far though, I've had fun with it.

WAY TO DERAIL YOUR OWN THREAD, SCHILD.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 06:36:55 AM

Your revolution is over, Mr. Sky! Condolences. The bums lost. My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Sky? The bums will always lose!
In the right setting, a long beard is fashionable. (libraries, academia)

When people give me shit, I tell them they don't love Jesus. Honestly.

My goal:
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 06:50:03 AM

I just shaved this goatee like thing I had. Didn't realize how long it'd grow -- People like me aren't supposed to grow facial hair. The Dane blood helped more than I thought it would.

I couldn't grow some big ass beard like that though. I have this Don Juan thing going on. Not exactly a goatee, and not exactly a thin Fu Manchu. Thick as a goatee, but I can't grow anything on the sides of my mouth. And definitely not anything thick on my cheeks/sideburns.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 03:30:47 PM

Back on track we go.

I have been playing Prey on my PC. The game is good. Its fun, with out feeling to repetitive as a lot of FPS games do. The story is very lite, but there is enough there to propell the character along. Although I want to slap him some times.

Graphics are decent, and I have no slowdowns running on "High" graphics settings at 1280 res. My computer is no where near top of the line any more ether. I do get some odd graphics wave type effect some times, which is odd.

So far im having fun. Also, the flying shuttle thing is pretty sweet.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 10:34:13 PM

Weirdy Beardy.

I do like Zack, though... just not his beard.  Righ hasn't shaved for a while and I've been using my sad face a lot when I look at him.  I don't mind scruff... I rather like it... but I don't much like an abundance of facial hair. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 09:21:10 AM

Native Americans don't have facial hair.  FOCUS PEOPLE.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 10:15:50 AM

American Indians don't have facial hair.  FOCUS PEOPLE.

FIFY

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 03, 2006, 11:19:47 AM

Yes, I'm a native american, I was born here. I'm also an african-american if you want to hit the other end of the evolutionary spectrum.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 11:56:11 AM

Finished it last night. Good game. A little short, but worth it IMO. I started up some Multiprey, its also fun. $39 for Prey was much better deal than $49 for Titan Quest.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 02:16:25 PM

I work with many American Indians or Indian Americans and even a Indian Canadian that might really be a Canadian Indian.  Lots of facial hair.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Review: Prey. It has a mode called Multiprey.  
Jump to: