Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:19:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Titan Quest Multiplayer Infoz 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Titan Quest Multiplayer Infoz  (Read 139474 times)
schild
Administrator

on: June 30, 2006, 09:39:22 PM

Game: f13net
Password: kekela

Teamspeak: www.f13.net:8767
Password: kekela

Six spots open. Going to make a new character for it. Also, There is a Titan Quest Channel made in teamspeak, finally got mine working. Even if you're not playing, you're welcome to come in and hear me yell about lewts.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 10:53:42 PM

I'm gonna buy this....Keep a spot opened for me as I get situated.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 11:19:42 PM

It won't let me in anyway.  Unable to connect to server. 

How sucky.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 11:25:12 PM

OK, just bought it.

I had to witness some pathetic bullshit to get it, but nonetheless, I have it. It better be good.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 11:28:54 PM

Funny, I can join other people's games but not f13.  You suck.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 12:06:00 AM

Heh. MrHat and I just quit playing. I'm gonna stick around on Teamspeak and play 1player though. At low levels, multiplayer doesn't make much sense. I think we should start a gaming night when people hit Legendary mode.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 04:16:30 AM

Count me out then. These type of games are fun enough....But Legendary mode? I can't possibly stick with it that long. Playing the same thing over and over (and over) again for phat lewtz is not my thing.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 07:12:59 AM

Over and Over and Over? I dunno 2-3 times through is pretty much par for the course in a dungeon crawl for me. I played Fate 2 and 1/2 times through, Diablo about 400 to 7,000 times through and Diablo 2 about 9 Bajillion times through. I think that leaves me with an average of 117Π.

This sort of game is really meant to be played through at least twice. The first chapter took me a little longer than expected. But I'm blowing through the game now. And last night it only took Hat and I about an hours to hit 3 or 4 waypoints in Chapter 1. Considering it took me 10 hours to hit all the waypoints the first time, I expect subsequent playthroughs to take less than 10-12 hours total. Especially once I'm decked out in the Lewtz of Agez +69.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 11:29:06 AM

I thought Epic was the last one and Legendary was the middle one.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 01:42:33 PM

Yeah, it's the last one. That's why I doubted I'd ever do it any time soon.  smiley

schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: July 01, 2006, 02:50:25 PM

Oh, I meant the second one. My bad.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 01, 2006, 07:13:10 PM

I just bought it, had to go to 4 different stores to find one that actually had the DVD version though (DOWN WITH CD SWAPPING).  I shall have it running shortly so hope to get online with it sometime tonight. 
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: July 01, 2006, 08:09:36 PM

I'll be back on Teamspeak in about 2 hours. Going to grab some grub. Update on my toon: Halfway through Chapter 3.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 04:26:35 AM

What are these chapters that you're talking about? Either this game is really freakin' long, or I'm missing something. I just got to Knossos. I'm level 16, in pursuit of the Terkine (sp?) Titan dude. Am I still in chapter 1?

Anyways, not sure if the Thane thing is working out. I want just enough strength and Warfare to wear decent armor and train up Battle Rage (which I don't have atm), but enough Stormcalling to rank up Nimbus and have the Wisp (which I'm working on). How many total levels are there?
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: July 02, 2006, 04:45:00 AM

You're spreading your skills to thin. On the first playthrough, there's positively no reason to dual-class. I'm still using the same skill I was at level 1 and it's the only one I have for my own character (I can summon a maxed out liche king and Outsider though).

Yes, you're still on Chapter 1. Chapter 2 and 3 are paced better, but are also smaller. I can't help but compare the way this game thrusts you through the storyline to Guild Wars. But, oh, lookit that, it does a much better job.

Edit: Also, update - I'm at the end of Chapter 3. And let me just say, two of the areas in chapter outright astounded me. And there was one area in Chapter 2 that was phenomenal. Well, 2 really, one was what Diablo 2 tried to do in Chapter 2, but uh, much better. In fact, i said thie earlier to a few people, but might as well say it here. I like this game much more than Diablo 2.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 04:47:08 AM by schild »
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 02, 2006, 07:20:03 AM

I got it.  I played the crap out of DI & II.  Diablo 1 was probably my first real stint of hanging out in a chat room (on battlenet).

So far I am just past the first town and on my way to Sparta.  Seems cool so far.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #16 on: July 02, 2006, 02:03:59 PM

You're spreading your skills to thin.

It's not that bad yet. I've only trained up 4 slots into Warfare. The rest is 10 in Nimbus, 3 in Wisp, and like 24 in Storm Mastery.

Where I have spread myself too thin is probably in my stats. Probably just a little more strength than necessary atm (but yet, I've got 200 Intel and a good deal of Dex still). Hopefully it'll all pay off eventually. My goal is to have my passive weapon enchants be my main source of damage (right now it already works pretty good with Wanding). The Wisp (and maybe Chain Lightning later on) are good additions to that.

It's probably a little slower than usual, but I haven't had any problems killing things up to this point. Plus, I've never, ever used a Mana pot yet. Couple that with maxed Battlerage (from Warfare) and I've got a really efficient, fast killer in heavy armor. One that you would need Lightning and Cold resists to mitigate at that.

[EDIT]

So I finally transitioned from wanding to shield and spear (finding an Epic helped). Seems to be working OK, since I already have a good deal of Dex. I'm one and two shotting everything.

Still though, I forgot how utterly lame meleeing is in Diablo-esque games. My interest level has dropped considerably.

Then again, maybe I've played too much for now. I don't know.

Either way, I think I'll take a break for a bit.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 06:26:05 PM by Stray »
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #17 on: July 02, 2006, 08:00:17 PM

As much as I am trying to save money atm, I may have to pick this bad boy up...

Good Game set in Bronze Age Mediterranean? Autowin.

Still have a question though: What role do the deities play in the game? Are they just plot objects, fluff, or do they somehow make a gameplay difference? Option 3 would be super cool.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #18 on: July 02, 2006, 08:05:33 PM

AFAIK so far, they don't make a difference. If you mean "difference" by something to do with alignment or stats. They're just part of the story and setting.
Strazos

Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006, 08:49:18 PM

Damn....it would be nice if you could at least choose a patron and have that choice have some small effect on the plot....but that's probably asking too much.

EDIT: Also, I may really have to pick this up tomarrow. I'd love to get into the multiplayer thing with you all, but...Friday/Saturday night is impossible for me.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #20 on: July 02, 2006, 10:56:04 PM

I'm close to the end of the 2nd act with my hippie freak build; Hunter exclusively focused on bows (32 hunting, 3 marksmanship (and +2 from an epic bow), 7 puncture shot, 1 scatter shot, 6 volley, 6 wood lore, 2 ensnare, 1 gouge) with a touch of the Nature (4 nature, 1 heart of oak).

I would've preferred to take storm, but the Nature line's wolves looked good until I realized they started out at level 1 and would require 15 skillpoints to be 'useful'.. and by the time I got 15 more skill points, a level 15 wolf was going to get owned. I'll probably end up taking nature up to 32 (cuz I heart the stat, HP and energy bonuses) and dabbling in the Heart of Oak/Tranquility of Water line, along with (maybe) Briar Ward and Summon Nymph.

Right now with an epic bow and some +str/+dex/+atk speed gear, I'm hitting around 86 DPS (on the built-in meter). What's really sweet is when the Volley goes off along with the Puncture Shot; it pretty much lays down anything in front of me in 1-3 shots. There's one class of dudes that utterly kick my ass, and I'm not exactly going to invite the Undead to tea, but pretty much everything else dies real fast.

Should work pretty well as support/cone damage for multiplayer too.
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #21 on: July 03, 2006, 12:42:42 AM

Count me in this weekend.
schild
Administrator

Reply #22 on: July 03, 2006, 01:31:01 AM

I'm about 20 minutes out. Fucking thing has crashed a few times tonight. Thank god the patch will be out before the weekend.
schild
Administrator

Reply #23 on: July 03, 2006, 03:35:45 AM

Time to grind.

Epic mode works like this:

1. You better have at least your main stat at 300-350.
2. Your secondary stat had best be 250-300.
3. Come equipped, rich, and ready.
4. It's, oh, 5-10x more exciting than Super Easy Look Who's Talking Now, Bitch Mode.
5. White Items in Epic are, for the most part, better than epic and legendary items in the aformentioned Bitchcake mode.
6. Epic Mode makes the harder difficulty of Diablo games - like I said in the other thread - look like amateur hour. I positively can not wait til the 2nd and 3rd chapter of Epic mode.

Now for the bad news.

My character is gimped ya'll. Ask Zetleft and Yoru how much bitching I did on Teamspeak. I'm going to grind up a bit on the first section of Chapter 1 (the satyr boss and the cave) before we even play multiplayer. I had to buy a bunch of shitty white items to even wear the new stuff that drops. Basically, follow the rules above for stats and you'll be fine. Consider yourself glad that I fucked myself, cuz now I'm the only one grinding.

Though, it is sweet sweet lewt grinding in the process.

Also, colored for emphasis:

If you get any of the Necromancer set items, hold them for me, kthx.
schild
Administrator

Reply #24 on: July 03, 2006, 04:01:33 AM

Dude, I have the helm. I just forgot to type it. Tis the only one I have.
Strazos

Reply #25 on: July 03, 2006, 07:25:52 AM

Any chance of you guys playing this on the server Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Thursday night?

Also, I was thinking of using either an elemental Ranger or Warrior kind of build, or possibly an elemental Rogue. I really wish there was a program/site out where you could experiment with builds.

Fear the Backstab!
WayAbvPar

Reply #26 on: July 03, 2006, 11:48:34 AM

I checked the box out at Fry's the other day (I was picking up a copy of Winning Eleven 9 to placate my raging soccer hardon). I remember you all talking about it, but the box compared it to Age of Empires. I threw it down in disgust, thinking it was some sort of RTS game dressed up with some RPG trappings. Is it really more Diablo-ish? I could be talked into that pretty easily. Of course, the multiplayer sessions will be a forgotten memory when I finally pick it up...

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos

Reply #27 on: July 03, 2006, 11:50:25 AM

It's mroe Diablo than Diablo itself. Plus, the general atmosphere of the game is far superior.

And I've only played the demo.

Fear the Backstab!
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #28 on: July 03, 2006, 11:53:15 AM

Can you bring your singleplayer character to multiplayer like Dungeon Siege, or is single player stuck in singleplayer like D2? In D2 I used to play multiplayer but just password the game so only my friends could get in.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #29 on: July 03, 2006, 12:53:01 PM

Can you bring your singleplayer character to multiplayer like Dungeon Siege, or is single player stuck in singleplayer like D2? In D2 I used to play multiplayer but just password the game so only my friends could get in.

Your character is transferable. In fact, your SP progress (portals activated) carries over into MP.
schild
Administrator

Reply #30 on: July 03, 2006, 01:01:20 PM

I checked the box out at Fry's the other day (I was picking up a copy of Winning Eleven 9 to placate my raging soccer hardon). I remember you all talking about it, but the box compared it to Age of Empires. I threw it down in disgust, thinking it was some sort of RTS game dressed up with some RPG trappings. Is it really more Diablo-ish? I could be talked into that pretty easily. Of course, the multiplayer sessions will be a forgotten memory when I finally pick it up...

No no no no no Noob. Read my review. I'm pretty sure I mention Brian Sullivan. He was the lead designer at Ensemble. They're not comparing it to AOE, they're giving a history on the lead designer's lineage. Or somesuch. Anyway, there are no RTS elements. None. Zero. Other than the game being third person isometric. None. It's Diablo. Frontpage. Review. Read it. Buy the game. Etc.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #31 on: July 03, 2006, 01:17:09 PM

No no no no no Noob. Read my review. I'm pretty sure I mention Brian Sullivan. He was the lead designer at Ensemble. They're not comparing it to AOE, they're giving a history on the lead designer's lineage. Or somesuch. Anyway, there are no RTS elements. None. Zero. Other than the game being third person isometric. None. It's Diablo. Frontpage. Review. Read it. Buy the game. Etc.

It needs a catchy name like "Tiablo", or "T-ablo", "Greco-Romablo", or possibly M.I.T. = "men in tunics".

BTW, in case anyone was still unclear.  It's Diablo in Greece, get it.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #32 on: July 03, 2006, 02:12:21 PM

It needs a catchy name like "Tiablo", or "T-ablo", "Greco-Romablo", or possibly M.I.T. = "men in tunics".

BTW, in case anyone was still unclear.  It's Diablo in Greece, get it.

Xilren

Oooh- that is giving me a Return of Heracles vibe. I will definitely pick this up!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #33 on: July 03, 2006, 02:39:39 PM

Can you give them money and just download it somewhere?  If so I'll get it tonight, as that would give me a whole day to catass tomorrow.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #34 on: July 03, 2006, 02:39:45 PM

Ok, im sold. Heading to EBGames after work today.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Titan Quest Multiplayer Infoz  
Jump to: