Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:43:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The Station Agent 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Station Agent  (Read 1634 times)
Fargull
Contributor

on: June 22, 2004, 11:48:37 AM

The Station Agent

I like character movies.  I enjoy character development and the through the looking glass aspect of movies.  The Station Agent is all about characters.  Namely three of them, though another small revolving cast flows around these central actors.

Normally I would not rent a movie that lacked some action or suspense based capacity and stumbled into this while staying with some relatives.  The main character is named Finbar and is played by Peter Dinklage, who is the central post at which the rest of the cast are tied.  I do not remember him specifically in anything prior in my viewing, but he provides a great character with Finbar.

The two other main cast members are Patricia Clarkson who plays the character Olivia Harris and Bobby Cannavale who plays the character Joe Oramas.  For some damn reason I thought about Haemish when the character of Joe is first introduced.  Dont know the hell why, but figured I would post the little Hey Look here because of it though.

I will be happy to go more in depth on the movie, but do not want to provide more of the story, when that is the movie.  Give it a glance over when you are at the rental store.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 01:30:29 PM

"How you doin'?"

schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 01:31:48 PM

Saw it a couple days ago. Great movie.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The Station Agent  
Jump to: