Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 07:25:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Warhammer - Xbox 360 + Squigs + Video Interview 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warhammer - Xbox 360 + Squigs + Video Interview  (Read 63314 times)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #140 on: July 19, 2006, 09:40:06 AM

WAR already said that that they were going have tanks and dps but no healers and rogue.  Maybe people are playing healer hybrids as full healers because people have been trained to play that way.

I play healers.
Healers can work in PvP.
Give them stuff to do besides healing.
Make a rez a comsumble, not a healer spell.
Make healing spells situational. Some help more with big attacks. Some help with small attacks.  Some help with the type of attacks.  PAoE heals instead big single target.  So healers can't bury their head and spam heals.  They have to be watching the battle and respond to it.

"Me am play gods"
OcellotJenkins
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: July 24, 2006, 07:43:14 AM

Sanya Thomas, Director of Community Relations for Mythic Entertainment has cleared up the misunderstandings around the WAR beta on Warhammer Herald.

Alpha: The current stage of WAR.
Double Secret Beta: At Summer 2006 with payed testers and Mythic partners.
Beta1: At Fall 2006, with less than a hundred of old friends.
Beta1.7: Early 2007, with recommended community testers.
Beta2: Early Spring of 2007, Still under NDA, with prize winners, DAoC players, guilds and media members.
Beta3: Summer 2007, Under NDA, with around 10000 randomly choosen people from newsletter subscribers.
Final Beta: Summer 2007, NDA free, with people who pre-ordered the game and media contest winners.
(There will be no Open Beta where everyone with internet connection can download the client.)

(Source: WarHerald )

Rithrin
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: July 29, 2006, 01:26:29 AM

WAR already said that that they were going have tanks and dps but no healers and rogue.  Maybe people are playing healer hybrids as full healers because people have been trained to play that way.

Well I was at the Mythic WAR booth at Comic-Con last week, and I got a little info on the healer classes in WAR from Sanya and one of the other guys (I didn't ask for a name, d'oh). For Goblins its the Shaman, for Dwarves its the engineer, and for Humans its the Pirest of Sigmar, they couldn't tell me the others. Pretty much the healers are hybrids of sorts. The Shaman has pretty nasty DD's and Debuffs, the Engineer runs around with a shotgun, and the Priest of Sigmar is one badass on the field of battle as well. So while they aren't typical healers, they definately are in the game.

Unfortunately this doesn't bode well for me as I actually liked playing full support in PvP. I felt important since if I didn't do my job then the group died, be it heals or debuffs or mezzing or dispelling. And if I died it was usually because the rest of the group failed to stop them. It just helped "group mechanics" out a lot, rather than turning to be like WoW in which every class just dishes out as much damage as possible.

Oh, first time posting here of course, please don't eat me  undecided

The sweetest wine comes from the grapes of victory.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #143 on: July 30, 2006, 11:39:53 AM

In retrospect, one of the things I liked about Lineage PvP was that there was no healing class. Healing was either a money sink (potions) a time sink (resting) or a combination (gathered elf food). People could only carry so many potions, and everything didnt center around the freakouts of prima donna healers.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
WindiaN
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: July 31, 2006, 04:41:13 PM

In retrospect, one of the things I liked about Lineage PvP was that there was no healing class. Healing was either a money sink (potions) a time sink (resting) or a combination (gathered elf food). People could only carry so many potions, and everything didn't center around the freakouts of prima donna healers.

I found that system overall to be bad because every fight presents a dilemma of whether or not you should spam consumables. Inevitably you get the smacktards who say "well if i felt like using pots that time I would have won." i guess because I've always played the healing class, I have never had to deal with healers disappointed by their support role, but I think that problem can be remedied by playing with people who aren't idiots :/
Arrrgh
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: August 01, 2006, 06:54:04 AM

I think that problem can be remedied by playing with people who aren't idiots :/

There's a shortage of those.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Warhammer - Xbox 360 + Squigs + Video Interview  
Jump to: