Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:55:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Titan Quest demo - Nice D2 clone 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Titan Quest demo - Nice D2 clone  (Read 26256 times)
Sairon
Terracotta Army

on: May 11, 2006, 01:34:37 PM

It's a fairly well made diablo clone. Poor graphics but the game seems good. It borrows heavily from WoW as well and obviously doesn't feel any shame, it's pretty much copy n paste in some cases. If you're intrested in trying it out: http://www.fz.se/filarkiv/?file=spel/titan_quest/titan_quest_demo.zip.

If you have problems with the menu looking fucked up you need to go to My Documents -> My Games -> Titan Quest Demo -> Settings -> options.txt. Now change the language setting so that it says language = English. After you've done that go to your install dir -> Settings -> defaults.txt and add the very same row to this file.

Edit by Trippy: demo available from f13.net server here.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 05:10:52 PM by Trippy »
vex
Terracotta Army

Smock, turban, latex gloves and rubber slippers.

Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 03:07:04 PM

It's got some issues which are preventing me from playing it.  From what I can play it does look like an okay click fest.  Why would a game need to restart XP after installing though?

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 03:08:01 PM

starforce?

"Me am play gods"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 06:51:54 AM

Why would a game need to restart XP after installing though?

Whoops!  I guess I'll wait for some other brave soul to try this one.  I don't have time to steelwool my machine at the moment.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 04:05:02 PM

Looks safe.  I didn't have to reboot after install, and my system shows no signs of a starforce infestation.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
vex
Terracotta Army

Smock, turban, latex gloves and rubber slippers.

Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 05:29:20 PM

I guess I'm just lucky.  I've been too lazy to install it on the computer four feet away so maybe I'll try that.  It's crash happy on mine though.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 11:05:45 PM

It made me reboot.  And:

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 11:09:48 PM

I didn't have to reboot but I got the same virtual memory error but that's cause I did have virtual memory turned off though of course Windows XP still creates and uses a swap file -- *sigh*. I gave up playing after the first 15 minutes or so after I got tired of watching my guy "swing" a dagger like it was a slashing weapon and not thrusting one.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 12:11:15 AM

Was it a dagger or a knife? Cause you can swing knives.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 12:29:15 AM

Don't remember now.
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 12:59:54 AM

It was a knife. You make stabby stabby motions with spears and daggers.

Anyway, good game. Obviously an alpha demo as there was white space on the UI when in widescreen mode.

I'll buy it on release day. I <3 Diablo.
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 10:42:39 AM

Shelves today, my mates tells me it's good, but fairly hard. I'll probably get this one soon enough, there's far to few hack n slashes released nowdays, heck there has always been a shortage of hack n slash games.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 11:01:01 AM

I'll be off to buy it today, too.  I need the peace and quiet of playing something all by myself for a bit. 

OR  maybe not.  All the game shops around here have only bought 6 copies and they've all gone to staff.  I'll just wait until after we move in July.  I can't be arsed to care.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 12:25:17 PM by Signe »

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 12:40:38 PM

All the game shops around here have only bought 6 copies and they've all gone to staff.

I just wanted to point out that its not used games sales that's hurting the industry, its game store managers.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 02:56:50 PM

I'm gonna have one of my roommates pick up my copy today IF POSSIBLE.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 09:19:44 PM

I just wanted to point out that its not used games sales that's hurting the industry, its game store managers.
Honestly, coming from an EB/GameStop employee, this is 110% true. Then again... the company itself let's the people do the shit they do. All part of the scheme. Oh yeah, I can be fired for this cause god forbid our company do something wrong. OH KNOEZ!
schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 09:29:02 PM

How about this, if you aren't a preorder whore (like me), don't ever EVER EVER shop at EBStop.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: June 27, 2006, 06:18:44 AM

I generally pre-order my games but I decided it was cutting it a bit too close to our moving date.  I sent a nasty email to EB.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 07:18:23 AM

My luck seems to give me my preorders at the same time as it is available on the shelf.  I haven't preordered anything in a long time.  Incidentally, I walked in and out of the GameStop with Oblivion the day after release.

I'd like to try my hand at this, but my plate runneth over.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 09:40:01 AM

Oblivion was all over the shelves.  They seem to have expected the flood of buyers.  Maybe they just didn't anticipate that Titan Quest would be popular.  The bloke at EB said that they usually only ever buy six copies of a pc title at a time... but then, you should allow for staff member purchases so you don't piss off your customers.  Sheesh... at least don't TELL them staff bought them all.  How dumb is that

It seems to me that people who want to play games other than MMOs on their computers are going to have to mostly order online, anyway.  Everyday another game shop seems to make the decision not to carry pc games.  I wonder how long it'll be before you HAVE to buy online because you just can't find pc games in the shops at all?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 09:53:48 AM

I am ready to buy everything online.  At least since Tits MacJugs stopped working at EB.  That probably wasn't her real name.  I don't remember if she wore a nametag.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 11:27:18 AM

Her name was Dusty Gozangas, and she was a lady!  evil

I think we should welcome buying PC games online, so long as they are downloadable, and the download allows us to burn a fucking CD backup copy.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 12:46:31 PM

and the download allows us to burn a fucking CD backup copy.

Oh, yes... the sticky bit.

Now that I think on it, her name was probably Anita Johnson.

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: July 02, 2006, 02:25:26 PM

Interesting bit o' trivia: the lead designer of Ultima V: Lazarus was one of the producers on Titan Quest.

I generally pre-order my games but I decided it was cutting it a bit too close to our moving date.  I sent a nasty email to EB.

Ooo ooo, you gonna tell us what their reply is, if they do in fact reply?

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #24 on: July 02, 2006, 08:29:34 PM

I am imagine Signe as the crazy cat lady from the Simpsons, but she throws video games and signs up for every beta instead.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 12:32:59 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #25 on: July 03, 2006, 08:34:29 AM

I don't have cats.  I don't like cats.  Or birds.  Or iguanas.  Or most animals except fwuffy wittle doggies and wild animals that stay in wild places and don't bother me.  I don't "through" video games, whatever that is, and I hardly sign up for any beta at all.  Most of the ones I do sign up for, someone here tells me to or someone sends me an email and says, "try this!"  Which I do because I'm nice that way.  Lately I've had a lot of emails and considering what I've seen of the games they propose... I'm beginning to consider it hate mail.

EB always answers me.  They always say, "Anything we can do please bend over and contact us.  Thank you for being an EB custormer.  Chew on this bullet and it won't hurt so much.  Oh baby buy more."  or some other kind of stupid polite bullshit.  Oh well.  It's better than going outside.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #26 on: July 03, 2006, 06:45:30 PM

I don't "through" video games, whatever that is

The Grammar Snake is strong with this one.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #27 on: July 03, 2006, 09:22:13 PM

Oh.  Throw.  I thought it was some sort of slang and I suck at slang.   embarassed

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Titan Quest demo - Nice D2 clone  
Jump to: