Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:22:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: DDO Forums 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DDO Forums  (Read 24994 times)
Broughden
Terracotta Army

I put the 'shill' in 'cockmonkey'.

on: May 04, 2006, 03:17:47 PM

Who else here, if you are willing to admit it, reads and posts on the DDO forums?

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 03:33:46 AM

I read. 

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 05:05:42 AM

I read. Sometimes post. Don't really play MMOGs anymore though. I blame Signe for that last part. She said I don't write anything when I'm playing MMOGs.

It's true.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 08:53:33 AM

I read.

I have never played WoW.
Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 01:20:24 PM

So mind if I ask what everyone's forum names are/were? Im curious if I know any of you from there. Mine was the same there as here.
Of course that name is now banned by Turbine so I have had to adopt new personas recently.

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 02:43:56 PM

Oh. Wait. On the DDO forums. Oh, god. Fuck no. I can't read at 5am. Ack. Not a chance. I don't post on any official forums. I stopped for a long time after Horizons and then I started again with EQ2. I was threatened with a ban on the EQ2 beta boards. Apparently I was too hostile or something. I don't know. But I'm never posting on official forums again.

Also, Broughden, gimmick accounts are for pussies.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 02:49:28 PM

I guess this means Schild is not going to reveal his gimmick account  :-D

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 03:18:43 PM

Level 10 generic class for the win.
Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 01:23:46 AM

Also, Broughden, gimmick accounts are for pussies.
Its not my fault they keep trying to IP ban me.  cry
In fact they have now started banning entire 255 blocks of IP addresses trying to get rid of me. Its kind of funny.

I made fun of their favorite forum fanboy and it seems to have upset them.

schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 02:46:42 AM

It is your fault they keep trying to IP ban you.
Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 03:11:19 AM

It is your fault they keep trying to IP ban you.
But you love me right Schild?  Heart :-D

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006, 08:16:36 AM

I read it because I like all the lamentation, I only posted once (under a different name) and that was to answer a specific question.  I remember your name being there for months.  If you are still posting I assume you still have an active account.  Why are you continuing to pay for a game you despise?

And why would they IP ban you instead of just disable your account.  Are you using multiple credit cards/addresses to either buy more accounts or abuse the free trial?
Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 09:59:21 AM

I read it because I like all the lamentation, I only posted once (under a different name) and that was to answer a specific question.  I remember your name being there for months.  If you are still posting I assume you still have an active account.  Why are you continuing to pay for a game you despise?

And why would they IP ban you instead of just disable your account.  Are you using multiple credit cards/addresses to either buy more accounts or abuse the free trial?
A) Do you remember the fanboi named Dane? Well he made a post alledging all the forum subscriber numbers gathered by Arthor_Parker were lies, so I ripped into his dumb ass very publicly. Although I didnt curse or anything blatant they banned me for it.

B) I still have an active account because I initially enrolled for more than one month (stupid I know) but am no longer playing. The account has now been cancelled.

C) I can still post because you dont need a CC for a 7 day free trial account, and you can use such an account to post with. Oh and they keep trying to IP ban me, but since I can manually change my IP in about 1 min flat it doesnt have much of an effect on my posting ability. They recently tried increasing the IP bans to entire 255 address blocks but it doesnt change anything. Unless they want to eventually ban everyone using my ISP just to get rid of me.

slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 10:26:02 AM

I find it fascinating that people become obsessed with games they don't like.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 12:43:24 PM

Im not obsessed. I just have a number of MMO forums hot keyed on my browser and follow them all closely.
The only reason I keep posting there is in a game of spite against the admins. I paid for my subscription so I ought to get my fun and money's worth one way or another.

Is it childish? Sure.  wink

Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006, 12:47:52 PM

C) I can still post because you dont need a CC for a 7 day free trial account, and you can use such an account to post with. Oh and they keep trying to IP ban me, but since I can manually change my IP in about 1 min flat it doesnt have much of an effect on my posting ability. They recently tried increasing the IP bans to entire 255 address blocks but it doesnt change anything. Unless they want to eventually ban everyone using my ISP just to get rid of me.

Yeah...uh, you're being a cock.  Desperately trying to hang out at a place that doesn't want you is fucktard territory. 

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 06, 2006, 01:33:52 PM

Yeah...uh, you're being a cock.  Desperately trying to hang out at a place that doesn't want you is fucktard territory. 

If the community there didnt want me I might agree...but its just the admins because I bitch slapped their fav fanboy. So...meh.   cool

schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: May 06, 2006, 03:11:37 PM

No, dude, you're missing the point.

You're being a total asshole over there. Get the fuck away from the official boards. Now.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #18 on: May 06, 2006, 03:15:53 PM

Don't listen to Schild!  Tubgirl every thread on the forum!!

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
schild
Administrator

Reply #19 on: May 06, 2006, 03:16:48 PM

WUA doesn't even have the balls to do that. But, Broughden, if you do, I wish you the best of luck. I'm surprised the WoW forums aren't filled with that kind of insanity - constantly.
Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 06, 2006, 05:01:21 PM

No, dude, you're missing the point.

You're being a total asshole over there. Get the fuck away from the official boards. Now.

How do you know? I thought you didnt even read them?  undecided

Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 06, 2006, 05:02:05 PM

Don't listen to Schild!  Tubgirl every thread on the forum!!

I was actually thinking of goatsexing every thread...in BIG bold color.
But will have to wait till late night when all the admins are asleep.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 05:06:51 PM by Broughden »

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #22 on: May 06, 2006, 05:07:04 PM

WUA doesn't even have the balls to do that.

To the DDO forums?  Pfft.  I'd have to actually go there first, and I don't care enough to do that.  But there's a reason I have to use a proxy if I'm feeling masochistic enough to want to read the Stratics forums.  Or the UOForums.com forums.  Or the forums of a certain irksome group of catty roleplayers.   :-D

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 06, 2006, 05:11:48 PM

WUA doesn't even have the balls to do that.

To the DDO forums?  Pfft.  I'd have to actually go there first, and I don't care enough to do that.  But there's a reason I have to use a proxy if I'm feeling masochistic enough to want to read the Stratics forums.  Or the UOForums.com forums.  Or the forums of a certain irksome group of catty roleplayers.   :-D

Why proxy? What type of ISP are you using? I just manually change my IP when I need to.

Err...I mean...I never do anything wrong on forums! The voices told me to do it!

schild
Administrator

Reply #24 on: May 06, 2006, 05:28:49 PM

Dude, no matter how you slice it, it's not cool. You just look like an asshole.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 09, 2006, 08:27:38 AM

Broughden, you're either being an asshole over there or you're not being honest and therefore being an asshole over here.

I don't advise either.

This from someone who hasn't read any post by you ever on any other board.  Yes, it's that easy to tell.

I'd quit it and grow up, were I you.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Broughden
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 11:31:21 AM

Broughden, you're either being an asshole over there or you're not being honest and therefore being an asshole over here.

I don't advise either.

This from someone who hasn't read any post by you ever on any other board.  Yes, it's that easy to tell.

I'd quit it and grow up, were I you.

This is old news now. I havent logged in to fuck with their admins in a week or so now.
They banned me for yelling at their fanboi, I got 2-3 days of amusement screwing with the admins, I got over it and moved on.

Although I do still love reading the forums and seeing all the posted angst over Turbine's crappy game.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #27 on: May 09, 2006, 12:53:21 PM

Im not obsessed.

Yes, you are.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #28 on: May 09, 2006, 01:33:29 PM

I have been IP banned at some places. :(  It gives me the feeling that perhaps my presence is not wanted...

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: DDO Forums  
Jump to: