Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:49:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: 5/02/06 - Seed (PC) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5/02/06 - Seed (PC)  (Read 40715 times)
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: May 17, 2006, 11:38:10 PM

I'm prettty sure 99% of MMORPGs don't crash every 5 minutes.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #36 on: May 19, 2006, 07:33:12 AM

Just got an email, which I won't bother to paste, giving me one more free day to "enjoy" Seed.  I wonder if they aggregate all of the tiny outages caused by the client consuming all of my RAM?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37 on: June 06, 2006, 07:32:15 PM

I have gotten one more free day.  Also, a "tutorial" has been added, as well as a few NPCs.  These work about as well as everything else, not quite on par with foliage in other games.

http://www.yegolev.com/images/seed/tutorial.jpg
http://www.yegolev.com/images/seed/tutorial_npc.jpg

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
schild
Administrator

Reply #38 on: June 06, 2006, 07:33:51 PM

Your new avatar is awesome.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #39 on: June 07, 2006, 06:50:13 AM

I have gotten one more free day.  Also, a "tutorial" has been added, as well as a few NPCs.  These work about as well as everything else, not quite on par with foliage in other games.

http://www.yegolev.com/images/seed/tutorial.jpg
http://www.yegolev.com/images/seed/tutorial_npc.jpg
Hey!
That
is
a
cool
text
balloon
for
conver-
sation!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #40 on: June 07, 2006, 06:54:40 AM

Schild - I'd make it an animated GIF, except I'm ignorant of the tech and too lazy to google it.

Sky - yes.  However the speech balloons are pretty fucking low on my list of complaints.  I'm just happy that they removed much of the ass from the camera... well, except that now it will put my CPU at 100% if I swing it into the wrong spot.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #41 on: August 09, 2006, 05:31:12 PM

Since Seed's patch executable is slower than anything I have ever seen, how about I warm everyone up with a link to the Seed game engine's web site:

http://www.qubesoft.com/

Be sure to check out the commercial titles link.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #42 on: August 09, 2006, 05:41:00 PM

Be sure to check out the commercial titles link.

Why? I don't see anything interesting here.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #43 on: August 10, 2006, 09:55:22 AM

Why? I don't see anything interesting here.

You answered your own question, however I think it's a bit funny that this seems to be a webbish engine, and that Seed is the star of the clients.

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #44 on: September 28, 2006, 09:20:47 AM

Rise from your grave!

He's dead, Jim.

At least they seem to 'get it':

Quote from: Magellan
We’ve made some major mistakes, and some smart moves along the way, but in the end, we simply tried to do too much, with too few funds, which I guess is a typical “Rookie”, and even veteran error.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #45 on: September 28, 2006, 09:45:24 AM

Here's a lesson. If you don't have the money to "finish" a game before you release it, MMOG or not, DON'T FUCKING RELEASE IT. Save the money you'd have spent on trying to bail out a sinking ship and do something useful with it instead of pissing it out the backdoor for MMOG fans who will crucify you for releasing an unfinished game. I suggest pr0n and booze.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: September 28, 2006, 10:58:14 PM

hmmm... booze ...

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #47 on: September 30, 2006, 06:10:08 PM

I'd like to see Valve do a MMOG.  They have a very good track record of not releasing games that don't make the cut.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 02, 2006, 06:34:13 PM

No no no! Don't you understand? They had a Vision! Nay A Dream! Of world peace and fun and fantabulous super-duper cell-shaded Role-Playing Gamery! And anything that stood in the was of that -  like well actuall game play or cashflow or any of that mundane crap would be best handled by the stupid ignorant saps... er, incredibly loyal fanbase that was moronically gullible.... umm..... had enough faith to be suckerd in.

Or something.

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: 5/02/06 - Seed (PC)  
Jump to: