Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:04:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: 1st update trailer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1st update trailer  (Read 3818 times)
Murgos
Terracotta Army

on: June 06, 2004, 08:42:59 AM

Watch it here:

ftp://ftp.cityofheroes.com/movies/COH_Kronos_320.mov

The clip is just 20 seconds or so of a battle with some new robo-beasties that are supposed to go in with the first content update (which I guess is supposed to be fairly soon now).

Looks good, hopefully they can continue to add stuff that livens up the game.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 11:09:14 AM

Woah, no time for alts, I wanna fight those big bad guys.   The Nanites should get my undivided attention if I know what's good for me.

Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 01:16:20 AM

That looks rad. I can't wait to see some poor blaster get killed in mid-air by a missle storm like that.

(This was cross posted from the PVP thread where I accidentally posted it first)

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 07:31:35 AM

When are they doing the promised supergroup upgrades and the tailoring and the new powersets?
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 08:20:33 AM

That same as will pump out the new villan groups as well as apparently outdoor instanced mission areas.

Well not sure if any new power pools will make it for that one but the super group upgrades and tailored stuff is supposed to be out in that patch.

Kaid
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 08:58:30 AM

Hold on there.  Back up a second.

When did they mention new power sets?  Are we talking about Power Pools, or entirely new Pirme/Secondary lines for some classes?

I would have to asume that if they did plan on introducing new Power Pools or the like, that they would also be adding a respec quest of some nature.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 02:26:25 PM

There's been rumors bouncing around about new power sets.  While it's not mentioned on the Feature Update page, there's supposedly a number of power sets that were nearly complete but didn't quite make it into the game before it was released.   Things like Archery and Light Manipulation.   You'll see villians wielding some of these powers (for example the Tsoo with bows or sais, or the mini-crossbows you'll see in Vahzilok and some CoT).

schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 02:58:44 PM

If they add light manipulation and I can make a Jubilee type character, I will resub. It's what I wanted the whole time anyway.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: 1st update trailer  
Jump to: