Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:13:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoH comic book 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CoH comic book  (Read 4605 times)
CmdrSlack
Contributor

on: May 30, 2004, 05:10:13 PM

Finally checked my mail today (I'm lazy, and junk mail and bills is all I get anyway), and the first issue of the comic was sitting in my box as well.

It's drawn pretty well, and the story seems to be rather decent.

There's also fan art, fan fiction, and images of "the best of the best."  Not sure how one becomes "the best of the best," but it looks like they're player characters.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 05:16:29 PM

Quote from: CmdrSlack
Not sure how one becomes "the best of the best," but it looks like they're player characters.

By not naming their character 'Captain A-hole,' tee-hee.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 05:20:31 PM

Did I just hear a friggin' 'tee-hee'? And you're trying to bust /my/ balls? :P
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 05:23:46 PM

It got your attention, am i rite?
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 02:35:59 AM

Bah, Memorial Day is teh suxx.  I have to wait until tuesday, maybe wednesday, for my copy to arrive here in the far far and away land of San Diego.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #5 on: May 31, 2004, 10:49:45 PM

I'm in New York (the state, not the city), and haven't received mine yet either.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 09:49:36 AM

Some guys have already put it up in BitTorrent format, but I haven't had a chance to read it. Too busy catching up on years of X-Men continuity.

Lanei
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 11:22:31 AM

Got my copy today.  I'm pretty impressed.

I had fairly high expectations for it, after looking through the prequel comic on their site, and this has well exceeeded them.
Aslan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 07:52:35 AM

Nice comic, shitty way of getting it.  Mine was just crammed in my mailbox, bent and torn, but at least still mostly readable.
Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 09:03:49 AM

As a second class citizen with an overseas address, I don't get one.  I'll have to download it if I want to read it.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 09:51:51 AM

Mine was mauled in the mail, as well. Reminds me of the old days when I had several titles shipped to a rural mailbox year-round. Friggin' mailmen.

I found the comic pretty cheesy. Decent artwork, horrid dialogue.
hectorvictorious
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 03, 2004, 04:39:01 PM

yeah, I was surprised as hell when i saw the comic on the table, I had seen that there WAS a coh comic, but I assumed that I'd have to pay for it. the writing was terrible, the art was decent.  I think it's pretty neat to get something a little extra for the $14.95 a month, even if it will probably keep the price that high past the point that it should have fallen.  

still...neat i guess.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #12 on: June 03, 2004, 04:53:53 PM

Recieved mine in the mail.  In fairly mint condition, yet!

Impression is so so, not being a comic book connoisseur myself I have little to compare it with.    The plot is moving somewhat slowly considering how most players have had more than enough opperunity to already breeze past the foes they're fighting.    Still, I like how they explore the details.

Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #13 on: June 04, 2004, 10:13:23 AM

FInally got my comic in the mailbox yesterday.  I thought it was pretty decent, in both art and dialog...  but my expectations weren't overly high.  I wasn't expecting Batman, Hitman, or any of the darker sorts of stories.  The game itself is kinda campy, I fully expected the same from the comic, and got it.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: June 04, 2004, 12:27:36 PM

Quote from: CoH Comic Book
"Nope. Just you know, a gangbanger type. I think he looks better this way to be honest. Smells about the same"

"unngh"

"APEX"

"He's really big..."

The above is in order, in the comic book, the exact same way it appears.

Yea, I got the book. Whoever writes it is an art-eest. Oh, and then the phrase "zombots" - this shit is money yo!

Sigh, the heroes in the comic book get apartments, phones that work, jet packs, and components off enemies (teh phat lewt stuffs). This is insulting.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 04, 2004, 12:43:10 PM

Still don't have my damn copy.  Grrr.
schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: June 04, 2004, 12:43:36 PM

You're not missing ANYTHING.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoH comic book  
Jump to: