Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:05:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Tomorrow is..................... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tomorrow is.....................  (Read 14705 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: February 20, 2006, 06:11:16 PM

...................... Expansion Day!

Scheduled Downtime  2/20/2006 12:30am PST.
All servers will be coming down at 4:00 am PST on Tuesday, February 21st, 2006 for the expansion launch.  Downtime is expected to be 10 hours.

This soon after the merge, I'm sure this will break whatever is left of the servers.  I already have bugs and errors galore.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 10:56:52 PM

As long as it keeps me from playing the trial, good.  There is still hope for me.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 04:33:07 AM

As long as it keeps me from playing the trial, good.  There is still hope for me.

I have a free buddy key that you can have if you promise not to tell anyone where you got it.  It's only 7 days but I don't think it limits you to the Vile Trial Isle.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 06:51:29 AM

WHY GOD?!

edit: gimme

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 06:54:36 AM

...................... Expansion Day!

Scheduled Downtime  2/20/2006 12:30am PST.
All servers will be coming down at 4:00 am PST on Tuesday, February 21st, 2006 for the expansion launch.  Downtime is expected to be 10 hours.

This soon after the merge, I'm sure this will break whatever is left of the servers.  I already have bugs and errors galore.

What kinds of bugs and errors are you getting?  One of the nicest surprises for me thus far has been not finding anything blantantly broken in game.  Sure crafting is convoluted and confusing as hell, but thus far the only "issues" i have had are zoning ones where occasionally it tries to zone sits for a bit, then kicks me back to the character selection "zone".  I was attributing that one to my box being on the rather low end of the performance scale, and I think there's a memory leak in there somewhere too.

One minor gripe, I fired up the client this morning without realizing everything was down for the expansion; at no point does their launcher program ever tell you the servers arent up; it just tries to login and fails.  So I went to the Network status screen at eq2players, and they had the wonderfully nonsensical message "all of the severs are up except for".... and of course listed ALL of them.  

Btw, is this expansion also suppose to add the part where crafting subcombines are removed?  Or has that been done and just totally doesnt work the way Im expecting?  i.e. I made an elm shield last night and still had to manually make the 4 subcomponents, raw leather strap (2 combines), planed elm lumber (2 combines), and 2 tin studs (4 combines) despite having all the raw materials at each step.  That's 9 combines for a low level junk item, and would have been more had I not previously had some of the chloro resins and washes made.  Yeah tedium!  I've gotten to level 11 crafter (chose scholar) without making one single useful thing beyond food.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Hartsman
Developers

Trion

Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 06:58:22 AM

Btw, is this expansion also suppose to add the part where crafting subcombines are removed?  Or has that been done and just totally doesnt work the way Im expecting?  i.e. I made an elm shield last night and still had to manually make the 4 subcomponents, raw leather strap (2 combines), planed elm lumber (2 combines), and 2 tin studs (4 combines) despite having all the raw materials at each step.  That's 9 combines for a low level junk item, and would have been more had I not previously had some of the chloro resins and washes made.  Yeah tedium!  I've gotten to level 11 crafter (chose scholar) without making one single useful thing beyond food.

Xilren

You're expecting the right thing - It's just not there yet for all level ranges.  The subcombines are gone for the newbie recipes and the KoS recipes.  The parts in the middle will be revamped/released after we get past the expansion launch.

- Scott

Xilren's Twin

Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 07:04:29 AM

You're expecting the right thing - It's just not there yet for all level ranges.  The subcombines are gone for the newbie recipes and the KoS recipes.  The parts in the middle will be revamped/released after we get past the expansion launch.

- Scott

Good news.  Thanks for the information (and quick reply!), that makes my future propsects for crafting much better. BTW, while you're revamping, please add useful filters to the recipies beyond name searches. Thanks.  :)

Xilren

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 07:13:08 AM

Well, I seem to crash a lot when I zone and whenever I go to new places.  The new lag is dreadful at times and, although I wanted to give crafting a try, it's discouraged me.  Everyone seems to be getting a strange guild error msg when they log in... I have no idea what it's trying to tell me.  In a guild group the other day, I feigned and couldn't un-feign, no matter what I tried.  During that same group session, I wasn't able to click on anything at all.  I don't know if it's all lag related or not but it's been rather annoying since the merge.  Nothing, however, is as annoying as going from a low population server to an overly crowded one.  I wouldn't mind a nice, medium population but there are just too many people needing the same mobs/items/whatevers that I need.  There are also twice the jerks... those level 50-60 people who wipe out an entire area for no good reason other than to cause grief.  An over populated server forcing me to camp mobs or areas will tarnish the shiny faster than anything for me.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 07:52:10 AM

Great, even Scott H. comes here to entice me.  It's like he knows I place a lot of weight on the corp/dev team personality.  It's actually one of the main reasons I stopped playing EQ, and why I got sick of AO so fast, and why I love EVE too much.  It's also one of the main reasons I love my real-life job.

Just so you know, Scott and everyone in this EQ2 forum, I patched the ToI client last night and spent this morning making a Ratonga necro (since there doesn't seem to be an equivalent to the EQ1 mage, but I have not read any spoiler sites).  Right now I am listening to the music while waiting for the servers to come online.  We shall see soon enough if I like it.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 07:56:11 AM

I patched the ToI client last night and spent this morning making a Ratonga necro (since there doesn't seem to be an equivalent to the EQ1 mage, but I have not read any spoiler sites).

Conjuror is almost exactly an EQ 1 mage.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 09:57:22 AM

Ah, I was just thinking of rolling an alt Conjuror too.

Magician was my first EQ1 class. I liked it alright, but eventually didn't like the pre-fight role as an ATM machine, and then having to always sit on my ass watching my book to meditate (later removed) while my pet was off having all the fun. I stopped at 25 (prior to Luclin).

I played a Conj to 7 on Test, which means precisely zilch. But it did seem a bit more involved, where I'd debuff the target, maybe drop some nukes, all timed with the aggro my pet maintained. Plus with the Food and Drink making out-of-combat regen a default much higher than the snoozefest of EQ1, I wasn't ever really sitting watching my pet do stuff.

Murgos (or anyone), what more can ya tell me about Conjurors?
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 10:03:41 AM

I never played one but I think Stopgap is what 30ish?  I only know from watching other people play them that externally they seem to be very similar to mages.  Pets, nukes and some utility, also they are apparently soloing gods.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 10:19:55 AM

One minor gripe, I fired up the client this morning without realizing everything was down for the expansion; at no point does their launcher program ever tell you the servers arent up; it just tries to login and fails.  So I went to the Network status screen at eq2players, and they had the wonderfully nonsensical message "all of the severs are up except for".... and of course listed ALL of them.  

Yeah, that shit is a "trivial" change and needs to be made like FUCKING NOW. There is nothing more irritating than trying to log back in after getting bumped and not being told to "stop hammering login, dumbass, the server she is down."

Hartsman, you need to get your patcher/web team on a  PROMINENT set of server status shit pronto. The forums are NOT an acceptable manner of server status messaging. They just aren't.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 10:58:01 AM

I patched the ToI client last night and spent this morning making a Ratonga necro (since there doesn't seem to be an equivalent to the EQ1 mage, but I have not read any spoiler sites).

There is no Conjuror.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 11:23:57 AM

There is no Conjuror.

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board?board.id=29

EverQuest II : Class Discussion : Mages : Conjurer

*shrug* YMMV

Edit:  If you were commenting on my spelling, then; fuck you esse.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 12:18:16 PM

No, I was commenting on the four available "Mage" classes as I found them in character creation: Wizard, Warlock, Coercer, Necromancer.  Conjurer wasn't one of the four choices, despite the information found in the linked Conjurer FAQ.  Not only is my mileage varying, I think we are in different cars.  The login servers went down a little while ago, maybe it will work better in an hour or two.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 12:25:41 PM

Newblet. Necromancer is the evil summoner class, the Qeynos "necro" is a Conjuror.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #17 on: February 21, 2006, 12:26:36 PM

Are you saying I can't play a mouse?

trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 21, 2006, 12:33:24 PM

You have to do the long and uber-grindy betrayal quest.  I'd suggest just not being a mouse personally, but if your heart is set on it, the option is there.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #19 on: February 21, 2006, 12:40:14 PM

I am more set on being a conjuror than a mouse.  I don't want to play an erudite, but whatever.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 21, 2006, 12:44:07 PM

I am more set on being a conjuror than a mouse.  I don't want to play an erudite, but whatever.
Why would you need Erudite though? The INT isn't going to be that much better.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: February 21, 2006, 12:48:57 PM

Whats funny (sad) is that other people think it does matter.  My original char at launch was a high-elf assassin.  Pretty kick ass combo right?  Hah, I got kicked out of groups when they found out what my race was because it was not standard (some percieved level of optimal).  High-elves even have decent agi but no one wanted to hear that. 

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: February 21, 2006, 12:50:03 PM

My gnome warrior kicked ass.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #23 on: February 21, 2006, 12:51:31 PM

I know, in EQ1 I was a high elf mage so it's not like I am some sort of min/maxer.  I didn't want to read the FAQ beforehand but looks like I should.  Froglok looks cool.  I'll decide when the character generator starts working again.

EDIT: Yeah, see, that's what I was talking about.  Conjuror sounds cool, and so does Ratonga.  The rat-conj cockblock is bothersome.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 12:55:11 PM by Yegolev »

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: February 21, 2006, 12:52:53 PM

Ah ok. Wasn't sure why you mentioned Erudite.

To that, I rolled one last night, and will be deleting it. Just don't like it.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #25 on: February 21, 2006, 12:57:59 PM

Ah ok. Wasn't sure why you mentioned Erudite.

Because no one likes Erudites except min/maxers.  Working from EQ1 fuzzy memory here.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #26 on: February 21, 2006, 01:00:53 PM

It's not all that uber grindy. The worst part is just the damn 500 gnolls or orcs you've gotta kill. Other than that, it's pretty much cake. I actually liked watching my friend go through the RP aspects of it.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: February 21, 2006, 01:07:57 PM

It's not all that uber grindy. The worst part is just the damn 500 gnolls or orcs you've gotta kill. Other than that, it's pretty much cake. I actually liked watching my friend go through the RP aspects of it.

Since you can kill the ultra-low level stuff around the gates for this part it goes by pretty quick.  Even more so if you have a good AOE.  I've seen people run around and aggro every orc they can in the common lands and drop them all at once.  Probably getting 50 or 60 in 5 minutes.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #28 on: February 21, 2006, 01:21:15 PM

If you guys are discussing how I can have a ratonga conjurer, you will have to explain it a bit better.  But I have worked up a blue frog in the creator, so don't bother if you don't want.  *looks at watch*  Hey, it's 4:20!

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #29 on: February 21, 2006, 01:35:29 PM

4:20 Louis!

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #30 on: February 21, 2006, 01:36:08 PM

I thought race didn't have dick to do with anything in EQ2? Or is that just class selection that it doesn't have anything to do with?

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: February 21, 2006, 01:44:31 PM

Race ----> City ----> Classes available

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: February 21, 2006, 01:46:01 PM

Race affects starting stats and starting location, class is effected by starting location so race affects class.  (did I use affect/effect right?)

Since you can change location (betrayal) you can still be any class/race combo eventually.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #33 on: February 21, 2006, 02:12:08 PM

If you guys are discussing how I can have a ratonga conjurer, you will have to explain it a bit better.  But I have worked up a blue frog in the creator, so don't bother if you don't want.  *looks at watch*  Hey, it's 4:20!

I think you can get into character selection now, Yeg.  The servers are still offline, though.

Xilren's Twin

Reply #34 on: February 21, 2006, 02:20:01 PM

Ah, I was just thinking of rolling an alt Conjuror too.

Murgos (or anyone), what more can ya tell me about Conjurors?

Well, I like mine :).  Level 21 atm and it does seem to be a very solo friendly class (which is why I picked it of course).  The pet allows me to take on even and yellow stuff (hadnt tried an orange ungrouped that I can think of) just fine while being able to handle groups of blues and greens and whites (if not too much ^ up mobs).  Course Im still trying to get a good feel for which triple up heroic mobs I can take, but I can at least take some.

Like old eq, has DD spells not as good as a wizard but pretty good, some DoTs, some damage plus slow/roots/stuns, and even a few AOE spells and general utility.  The starting pet is earth (and is an insect for some reason) for tanking and I just got my first fire pet a level or two ago.  Has several spells to change the attack stance of the pet; the one i use the most give my pet a percentage chance to make the target more vulernable to elemental damage.  Have some group buffs for armor and elemental resist and individual buffs for fire shield and grant invisibility.  I also picked up an Illusion: Fire Elemental last night but hadn't used it yet.

I enjoy taking on groups of 3-5 blues solo.  Combat generally goes: me sending in the pet, them aggroing on it, then hitting them with Sleet (enounter targeted aoe for damage plus slow/freeze), followed by me running up and casting Schism (earthquake AOE plus knockdown) and then finishing off the rest with DD/pet.

My biggest issue when soloing is running out of carrying capacity due to low strength; lugging around a few hundred coin just adds up very quickly.

And Im an erudite so nyah!

Xilren

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Tomorrow is.....................  
Jump to: