Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:05:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Microsoft and Sony to work on games together? O RLY? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Microsoft and Sony to work on games together? O RLY?  (Read 3582 times)
schild
Administrator

on: February 18, 2006, 03:56:18 AM

Tetsuhiko Yasuda suggests the Xbox isn't a rival and the two can become best of buddies...

Continuing to make announcements in light of actual information, Sony Computer Entertainment Asia's Managing Director, Tetsuhiko Yasuda, made the suggestion that the Playstation3 will not see a worldwide release and that Sony doesn't see Microsoft as a rival.

Speaking to reporters, Yasuda said "Sony has not finalized the specific time frame for the PS3 launch, as well as pricing," adding "the Company aims to launch the PS3 at the same time throughout Asia. However, not all the regions in the global market will see the same launch day, as the Internet infrastructures differ in each individual market."

"Sony does not regard Xbox as a competitor. Rather, the company may even consider working with Microsoft to develop games together," Yasuda is also reported to have noted.

via TVG

I wasn't going to post this. I've seen it on at least 10 web pages in the last few hours though. All I can say is, those words do not mean what you think they mean.

The comment quoted in the uh, quote, above was probably originally in some asian language. Given the name Yasuda, let's just go with Japanese. Yea, something might have gotten a little lost in the translation. Just MAYBE.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 02:12:01 PM

Yeah, my (very limited)  understanding of Japanese business ettiquette he was probably just being polite.  You don't come out and SAY you think they're shitheels and look forward to owning their daughters.. .it's just understood. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Microsoft and Sony to work on games together? O RLY?  
Jump to: