Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:28:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Complexes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Complexes  (Read 4150 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: February 14, 2006, 08:11:31 AM

Anyone have an executive summary of the Reader's Digest Condensed Book: Complexes for Dummies?  Smells combaty and I probably won't get involved short-term, but knowledge is power.  Besides, they might have asteroids.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 08:16:44 AM

I did it with someone the other night.

It wasn't worth it, at least at the level 6 difficulty.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 08:39:54 AM

Better off roid ratting or mission running in my book. Overseer robes are not worth that much, then again, can get some nice items out of his chest.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 09:27:35 AM

4/10 can be done w/ two cruisers fairly easily.

6/10 you need a Bship unless you know exactly what you are doing, found that out the hard way w/ Straz.

I dont think I'll be going back to the complexes any time soon, clearing the belts in arzi is less risk, less travel and more cash/loot.  If only there were more dark blood spawns to give the phat lewts.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 09:33:53 AM

Did a 4/10 solo in a BC easily, but the reward was....underwhelming.  The time would have been better spent doing almost any level III mission instead.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 11:16:30 AM

Did a 4/10 solo in a BC easily, but the reward was....underwhelming.  The time would have been better spent doing almost any level III mission instead.

The overseer loot can generally be sold to concord for a respectable amount, I've also looted compounds which often refine into rare minerals

The loot however is typically crap (especially from drone complexes)
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 12:07:07 PM

It was a Guristas complex; I don't recall an overseer--or if there was one, he certainly didn't stand out from the rest in the fight.

And drones suck.  If I'm stuck fighting them, I just loot the cans from the few that drop decent refinables.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
WayAbvPar

Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 12:20:48 PM

It was a Guristas complex; I don't recall an overseer--or if there was one, he certainly didn't stand out from the rest in the fight.

And drones suck.  If I'm stuck fighting them, I just loot the cans from the few that drop decent refinables.

Yeah- the refinables are nice, but I like blowing up shit that has a bounty on it. Instant gratification ftw.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 04:44:36 AM

The overseer loot is in a static can and is not a loot drop - it periodically respawns so it's possible the can had been emptied by a previous complex runner
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 05:41:44 AM

Should you kill all the structures in a complex?

I can see this being a reasonable idea if you are in a BB or a couple of CC's but in frigates killing 8 or 9 structures is going to take a while.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 07:24:07 AM

Once you find out which structure drops the loot, it makes sense. My understanding is the same one drops stuff every time.

Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 08:20:19 AM

The overseer loot is in a static can and is not a loot drop - it periodically respawns so it's possible the can had been emptied by a previous complex runner

There were two of those cans, one in each section of the complex; both had a piece of crap in 'em.  Maybe someone else took the good stuff and left the junk, I dunno.  What's respawn on those kinds of things?

Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 12:55:05 PM

What's respawn on those kinds of things?

Cant say for sure but I'd imagine its probably about the same time as the respawn on the NPC's

On the subjsect of structures...

Apparently the looy tends to be crap, and only certain types of structure can drop loot (bunkers and storage stuff is the most likely apparently) - they do take an insane amount of ammo to kill (so pack a smartbomb and save some money)
Silus Fromme
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 04:50:30 PM

I believe the "end loot" for complexes only spawn once a day, during downtime.  Lots of complexes are camped pretty heavily by folks who can log in immediately after down time, although sometimes you'll see two or more gangs show up at the same complex at the same time which usually results in a lot of people getting blown up.
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 02:56:16 AM

I believe the "end loot" for complexes only spawn once a day, during downtime.  Lots of complexes are camped pretty heavily by folks who can log in immediately after down time, although sometimes you'll see two or more gangs show up at the same complex at the same time which usually results in a lot of people getting blown up.

My experience differs - I've done 2 complexes recently. The first was a drone hive, we killed all the drones and then decided to kill the hive (took forever) my buddy looted the overseers effects before we killed the hive and I looted them after it was dead - interestingly none of the drones respawned (think this was a 2/10 complex)

The second complex (also a drone) while we only got the overseer effects once (someone had already looted) the second static can (which contained a compound) was looted during the battle with the defending dones, it took us so long to clean up the loot that the drones respawned by which time so had the compound and the overseers effects (think this was a 3/10)

It's quite possible the respawn varies either by complex type (drone or pirate) and/or difficulty
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 07:06:51 AM

Can someone tell me what the "6/10" means, exactly.  Since it sounds like there are no asteroids, I am probably going to avoid them... just curious.

I was sent to a rogue drone complex in a mission, Scolluzer [.8] I think.  I got some refinables from the drones but nothing to get too excited about due to the amounts.  I could see farming them for rare minerals, but that would take a while due to the spawn rate and competition from other pilots.

Edited because I loathe ninja smileys.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 07:36:46 AM by Yegolev »

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 07:33:27 AM

the #/10 is the difficulty level.

Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 01:52:38 AM

Can someone tell me what the "6/10" means, exactly.  Since it sounds like there are no asteroids, I am probably going to avoid them... just curious.

I was sent to a rogue drone complex in a mission, Scolluzer [.8] I think.  I got some refinables from the drones but nothing to get too excited about due to the amounts.  I could see farming them for rare minerals, but that would take a while due to the spawn rate and competition from other pilots.

Edited because I loathe ninja smileys.

x/10 also determines the class of ship you are able to take into the complex - the low difficulty complexes do not allow the larger ships to enter

I dont recall ever seeing roids in a complex but I have seen roids in deadspace agent missions - for example I have 2 huge omber roids in a 0.7 system deadspace mission the other day - the downside its that the minute the mission is complete the whole lot despawns, so you need to make the decision how badly you want that quick completion bonus
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #18 on: February 20, 2006, 07:02:24 AM

If the omber rock is actually huge, like the one Yoru found once, it would probably compensate for the speed bonus, especially in .7 space.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Complexes  
Jump to: