Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:07:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Gaymers force Blizzard into submission 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gaymers force Blizzard into submission  (Read 71181 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #350 on: March 12, 2006, 04:14:27 PM

My friend Mark said that he saw Haemish totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #351 on: March 12, 2006, 05:40:27 PM

My friend Mark said that he saw Haemish totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

You tell 'em Steve-Dave!
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #352 on: March 12, 2006, 11:01:05 PM

I think this thread is just an excuse to bump some post counts.

Also, on a GLBT-friendly guild - Who The Fuck Cares. What is the point? Are all the other guilds too bigot-y and straight? I really don't see why anyone's sexuality has to enter into an MMO.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #353 on: March 12, 2006, 11:09:26 PM

You might have had an answer to that last question(s) if you actually read any bit of the thread.   I'd answer but it'd be about the 8th time this thread's made orbit.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 11:23:44 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Strazos

Reply #354 on: March 12, 2006, 11:31:28 PM

Good job. I did read a lot of the thread. I just find the whole idea of a GLBT guild, or an Asian, or African guild for that matter, to be unnecessary.

See, this is what happens when a game has 6m+ users - the amount of stupid reaches critical mass, and you get nonsense like this.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #355 on: March 12, 2006, 11:38:21 PM

Good job. I did read a lot of the thread. I just find the whole idea of a GLBT guild, or an Asian, or African guild for that matter, to be unnecessary.

Have you actually been in a raiding guild or any sizeable guild? The evidence is present every time you log in.  Everytime you step foot in Org. Anytime you hear gen chat. It's on vent, in /raid, and /guild.  The reasons are prevalent.  Just becuase you choose to dismiss them as trivial, doesn't mean they aren't there and matter to someone else.

Quit being so fucking obtuse.

-Rasix
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #356 on: March 13, 2006, 12:27:48 AM

Did he Hadouken?

I think this thread is just an excuse to bump some post counts.

Post counts are pretty irrelevent after a certain point, excepting for e-peen waving. On the other hand, this thread has been a circular argument/trollfest/wank for sometime now. All the good or relevent arguments were made pages ago.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #357 on: March 13, 2006, 12:47:24 AM

Did he Hadouken?

OMG NOOB. HADOKEN IS THE FIREBALL. SHORYUKEN IS THE UPPERCUT. U GET 4 DEMERITS.

Edit: Also you spelled "hadoken" wrong.
Strazos

Reply #358 on: March 13, 2006, 01:30:20 AM

Have you actually been in a raiding guild or any sizeable guild? The evidence is present every time you log in.  Everytime you step foot in Org. Anytime you hear gen chat. It's on vent, in /raid, and /guild.  The reasons are prevalent.  Just becuase you choose to dismiss them as trivial, doesn't mean they aren't there and matter to someone else.

Quit being so fucking obtuse.

Or maybe I don't know what you are talking about. I'm not in a guild, and I don't use general chat. I can assume stupidity abounds in both channels. I'm in Org plenty, and I don't see anything offensive, just general stupidity. So to me, the reasons are Not prevalent, and I'm certainly not going to take your word for it (not that you really presented anything at all), because frankly, I don't care. The idea that someone would need to form a guild based on something outside of the game besides geography/playtime just seems unneeded.

Quit being such a fucking prick.

Fear the Backstab!
Valmorian
Terracotta Army

Reply #359 on: March 13, 2006, 06:55:58 AM

Or maybe I don't know what you are talking about. I'm not in a guild, and I don't use general chat.

The idea that someone would need to form a guild based on something outside of the game besides geography/playtime just seems unneeded.

I suspect these two things are related.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #360 on: March 13, 2006, 08:06:24 AM

I know for a fact that many of you would prefer to be in a guild with only prepubescent Asian girls, but I try not to let that cloud my elitist judging of your other foul characteristics.  Some of you have your own unique flavour that makes you interesting to me outside of games.  Others just emit an odour which I try hard to avoid anyplace other than games.  Smelly or tasty, I still enjoy being in a guild and playing games with most of you lot.  Even Strazos!

(Add Strazos to the dirty word parser spell checker, please)

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #361 on: March 13, 2006, 01:59:45 PM

Haha, this thread is still going. What are you people arguing about, again?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #362 on: March 13, 2006, 04:30:54 PM

I think it has become something about Strazos and his female avatars.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #363 on: March 13, 2006, 06:29:58 PM

OMG NOOB. HADOKEN IS THE FIREBALL. SHORYUKEN IS THE UPPERCUT. U GET 4 DEMERITS.

Edit: Also you spelled "hadoken" wrong.

So is it a coincidence that the main characters are named "Ryu" and "Ken", when they both shout SHO-RYU-KEN? Or just an unfunny pun?

I always wondered about that.

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #364 on: March 13, 2006, 10:51:34 PM

Dunno about this thread, but I found a WoW link to post. Couldn't find it posted elsewhere, so this will have to do.

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=3635
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #365 on: March 13, 2006, 11:24:14 PM

Dunno about this thread, but I found a WoW link to post. Couldn't find it posted elsewhere, so this will have to do.

This man is quite possibly some sort of minor god.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Strazos

Reply #366 on: March 14, 2006, 05:45:36 AM

Dude, you play a Night Elf Druid.

Pretty sure this trumps the time a rogue in EQ2  stealthed into someone's house and found him cybering, then posted it.

Fear the Backstab!
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #367 on: March 14, 2006, 05:57:13 AM

But he's got a huge cock.
Strazos

Reply #368 on: March 14, 2006, 06:16:04 AM

But he's got a huge cock.

Oh, are you compensating now?

Fear the Backstab!
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #369 on: March 14, 2006, 04:21:14 PM

Pretty sure this trumps the time a rogue in EQ2  stealthed into someone's house and found him cybering, then posted it.

If we're talking about Ceciliantas, then the cybering wasn't really the funny part.  The funny part was his publicly melting down on the forum and threatening to sue the internets, followed by the revelation that his cyber-sweety was actually a man who'd been dispatched on just that mission specifically to humiliate the little asshat.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #370 on: March 14, 2006, 07:36:18 PM

The funniest story, however, is when he claimed not to be the same Cecillantas that this had happened to before in another game, but someone who admired the name.  He is the ONLY person on an MMO with whom I would flirt... with the cameras rolling, of course.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #371 on: March 14, 2006, 08:58:45 PM

So is it a coincidence that the main characters are named "Ryu" and "Ken", when they both shout SHO-RYU-KEN? Or just an unfunny pun?

Ryu is a popular Japanese name and Ken is a popular Asian-American name.

Ryu also means dragon (among other things) and Ken means attack or fist. (Or something like that) Shoryuken literally is "rising dragon attack" and hadoken is literally "energy wave attack" or something like that.

So while I'm sure they did it on purpose it's not just a random pun or something like that.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #372 on: March 14, 2006, 10:14:26 PM

The funniest story, however, is when he claimed not to be the same Cecillantas that this had happened to before in another game, but someone who admired the name.  He is the ONLY person on an MMO with whom I would flirt... with the cameras rolling, of course.

[/snicker]

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #373 on: March 14, 2006, 10:26:37 PM

[edit] too right schild, blame 4:20am starts and bad copy/pasting
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 01:02:44 AM by Tale »
schild
Administrator

Reply #374 on: March 14, 2006, 10:46:56 PM

Hotlinking to SA is pretty stupid.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #375 on: March 18, 2006, 12:42:32 AM

Ryu is a popular Japanese name and Ken is a popular Asian-American name.

Ryu also means dragon (among other things) and Ken means attack or fist. (Or something like that) Shoryuken literally is "rising dragon attack" and hadoken is literally "energy wave attack" or something like that.

So while I'm sure they did it on purpose it's not just a random pun or something like that.

Yah I was aware that they're real names, I didn't know that Shoryuken and Hadouken were literally phrases. Though then again Chun Li's use of "spinning bird kick" should have been an obvious clue.

The looks thing was pretty entertaining.. cant wait for part two...

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Gaymers force Blizzard into submission  
Jump to: