Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:38:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Morrowind: (N)PC evolution 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Morrowind: (N)PC evolution  (Read 34673 times)
Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: March 14, 2006, 03:53:32 PM

Also, PC Gaming is dead

Im sure Blizzard would agree, as they wipe they asses with $100 bills.

All I know is that PC gaming has been declared deceased every year since ~1990.

I wish it would hurry up all ready.

Anyhoo! Off to more GalCiv!

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
schild
Administrator

Reply #141 on: March 14, 2006, 04:35:30 PM

Just because something is dead doesn't mean stuff still isn't being made. There's still an American company that makes Pinball machines, but arcades in america are dead as we know it. There's still a company out there making Pogs. Dead != Extinct.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: March 14, 2006, 05:42:26 PM

Schild, seriously man, give up the rhetoric.  I've been hearing this statement since the mid 90's and you know what?  The only games I am interested in playing this year are coming out on the PC.

The fact that you discount MMOG gaming is a serious hole in your stance, it's a prime example of the how the flexibility of PC's continues to make them relevent versus the how the dedicated purpose of consoles constantly leaves them behind the leading edge.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #143 on: March 14, 2006, 05:56:03 PM

It's not the flexibility anymore. It's the lack of a mouse/keyboard/hdd on consoles that's keeping the gap from being bridged. I do not discount MMOGs in any way whatsoever. I just want compelling games. The current and nearly all of the upcoming crop of MMOGs doesn't offer that. I'm just not willing to accept mediocrity anymore.

It's great that you're only looking forward to PC titles. That has no bearing on whether or not any console/handheld titles are coming out that are worth your time. It just means you'll miss them.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: March 14, 2006, 06:09:18 PM

But that doesn't mean that PC gaming is dead or unimportant, it just means that I will miss out on a few games that I might have enjoyed.  It's not pokemon, I don't have to catch them all.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #145 on: March 14, 2006, 06:18:58 PM

Murg-Teenie-Tiny-Table-Tops, it is Pokemon and you DO have to catch them all!
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: March 15, 2006, 09:03:53 AM

Countdown to release video:

http://elderscrolls.com/downloads/media_movies.htm

Sounds like they are going to do one of these a day until next week.  The video seems a little dark but I think they are trying to show the dynamic lighting change around one of the oblivion gates (which I assume will be shown the day before release).  If that frame rate and detail level are actually achievable on a mortal rig I may have to go against everything I hold dear and buy leading edge computer parts (I'm looking at you Mr. Video Card.)

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #147 on: March 15, 2006, 09:47:21 AM

If that frame rate and detail level are actually achievable on a mortal rig I may have to go against everything I hold dear and buy leading edge computer parts (I'm looking at you Mr. Video Card.)

If you can resist catch-them-all (I have a tough time with this), surely you can just wait until 2007 to turn on all of the bells and whistles.  This time next year should give us one or two more iterations of video-cocks, so just bide your time.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #148 on: March 15, 2006, 11:05:37 AM

A year is a long time to wait w/ an unopened game staring you down.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #149 on: March 15, 2006, 11:20:47 AM

When you can snatch the stone from my hand, you may open Oblivion.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #150 on: March 15, 2006, 04:08:40 PM

There's still an American company that makes Pinball machines, but arcades in america are dead as we know it. There's still a company out there making Pogs. Dead != Extinct.

Do they have monty hats? And money toilet paper? Hell, money suits?

Not a good comparison.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: March 22, 2006, 01:43:54 AM

Goddamn stores stock the shelves with empty cases.

My Tears Fall Like Rose Petals on a Wounded Dog.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: March 22, 2006, 07:48:01 AM

Lit on fire and thrown down stairs.

Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: March 22, 2006, 10:41:25 AM

This game makes my system cry, but it is playable at lower settings (2.8 ghz, 1 gig, Radeon 9800). I have started looking into vid card upgrades (damn you, PCI-E!)

A good idea is a good idea forever.
vex
Terracotta Army

Smock, turban, latex gloves and rubber slippers.

Reply #154 on: March 22, 2006, 10:57:47 AM

When is it due to be available for you?   It is on Direct2Drive for North America if you have someone you trust you could probaby get it.

This game makes my system cry, but it is playable at lower settings (2.8 ghz, 1 gig, Radeon 9800). I have started looking into vid card upgrades (damn you, PCI-E!)

It runs well on my 3500+ at 1024x1280 but with my 9800 Pro I can't turn on AA and that's even at 800x600.  I have a new PCI-E MB on the shelf I just haven't bought a new video card yet.

I've only played a few hours but it's enjoyable so far and thank goodness the NPC's aren't overly wordy.  I tried starting Morrowind several times and just couldn't get into it.  This one is very similar interface wise but it's nowhere near as ugly and I don't feel like I'm moving at glacial speeds.
schild
Administrator

Reply #155 on: March 22, 2006, 03:01:40 PM

Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: March 31, 2006, 07:07:56 PM

There's still an American company that makes Pinball machines, but arcades in america are dead as we know it. There's still a company out there making Pogs. Dead != Extinct.

There are entire "companies" doing little more than carve replacement wooden spokes for Model T's.  Damn automobile - just an aberration, a fad, when you can sip Starbucks on the train. ;)
schild
Administrator

Reply #157 on: March 31, 2006, 07:19:59 PM

You will change your avatar before I stab you in ZEE EYES. By the way, welcome back, it's nice to see you. Wondered where you ran off to last month (well, almost 2 months ago now).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Morrowind: (N)PC evolution  
Jump to: