Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:36:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Lets see how much play this gets... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lets see how much play this gets...  (Read 14298 times)
Dark Vengeance
Delinquents

Reply #70 on: May 28, 2004, 09:39:45 AM

Quote from: WayAbvPar
And how long was Clinton's blowjob front page news? It may not have been the lead story every single day, but it was in the news cycle for the better part of 2 years. I don't recall anyone being beheaded in retribution for it either (although one could argue that decapitation would go a long way towards improving Linda Tripp's looks and personality).

If you're looking at me to defend the media sensationalism surrounding that fiasco, I'm sorry to disappoint you.

Bring the noise.
Cheers..............
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #71 on: May 28, 2004, 09:51:05 AM

Quote from: WayAbvPar
And how long was Clinton's blowjob front page news?

WAY TOO FUCKING LONG.

I was working at the local paper when all the shitstorm started to hit about the blowjobs. I had to post a page specifically to link to the PDF of the transcripts on the paper's web site (despite the fact that they purposefully didn't publish any news content on the site at the time, only advertising stuff). That entire run just sickened me, finally driving home the point that unless you are dedicated to journalism, you do not need to be working at a paper.

As for the media putting so much attention on Abu Ghraib, don't go there, mainly because the media will fling any shit it can for as long as it sells papers and gets ratings. How much garbage did we hear about Gary Condit's intern disappearing, until OOOPS, Arabs ram airplanes into buildings. Same with the Laci Peterson stuff, Jessica Lynch, etc. The American media especially is a vampiric liche, constantly scanning graveyards and scenes of carnage for the next barely-living story/person to suck the life out of then reanimate the corpse.

schild
Administrator

Reply #72 on: May 28, 2004, 09:52:13 AM

People are STILL making Lewinsky jokes. It's quite possibly the worst crime perpetrated against taste ever. They need to stop...

...and if Hillary gets elected I fear that they may come back.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #73 on: May 28, 2004, 10:46:27 AM

Quote from: Tebonas
What I'm discussing here are your comments, which border on excusing everything your people do because the other people are bad.

Hmm, I must be getting the wrong news feed. That or your watching Al-Jazeera. What exactly is it that my people are doing? Don't tell me this is about a few degenerate soldiers anymore, because now you're saying I'm excusing "everything". What "everything"?

If you mean I'm just as inexcusable only because I see the value of war and the necessity of violence, then I guess I'm the "bad guy" too. Oh well. Just remember that we don't cut off heads for petty crimes, and we don't ram our fucking airliners into tall buildings for "crimes against humanity!"..We're the "not as bad" guys.
Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: May 28, 2004, 10:51:03 AM

MY people wanted no part of this war, so I am absolved.

unbannable
WayAbvPar

Reply #75 on: May 28, 2004, 10:52:49 AM

People are STILL making Lewinsky jokes. It's quite possibly the worst crime perpetrated against taste ever.

I never heard that Monica had a problem with the taste. Linkage?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #76 on: May 28, 2004, 11:03:49 AM

How do you think the dress got stained the first place?

schild
Administrator

Reply #77 on: May 28, 2004, 11:05:24 AM

Great. Now you guys are making Lewinsky jokes. Don't make me drag Old Yellar out back and beat the crap out of him. Again.
WayAbvPar

Reply #78 on: May 28, 2004, 11:21:00 AM

Don't fuck with Yeller.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: May 28, 2004, 12:07:57 PM

I tried the news thing for a couple years too Haemish - it was the low pay that convinced me it wasn't worth it.

As for the ethics thing. I think Stripes said it best. When Bill Murray starts his "Who cried when Old Yeller died..." speech. Ok - maybe not - but full circle and all that..

It seems to me - as Americans it's part of our culture to think we are better then everyone else (But not in the same way the French do). Because historically - we have been - (I'm resting a lot of laurels on our late entry into WWII - and of course economically - How many superpowers are there now days?). We have not always done the right thing (Remember the Maine? Remember the United Fruit Company? Heck - remember any of your South American history).

This is one of those times when we have to admit, that would have been better to not have gotten on film...Ok - I kid - it would have been better to never have had happened. I don't like feeling ashamed for actions fellow countrymen of mine have made. I have enough for for my own actions thank you.

edited - a bit for clarity
and to add - you don't f with the yeller cause he's rabid.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Lets see how much play this gets...  
Jump to: