Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:05:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Those spiffy chat ballons 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Those spiffy chat ballons  (Read 2040 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: May 24, 2004, 12:42:35 PM

Or, how to make your chat word balloon in CoH be colored something other than the standard. I found this out last night from the guys I was grouped with.

First you need to bind the enter chat key to the "Enter" key, then put the specific color changes on the bind.

Type this.  

Code:
/bind enter beginchat <color yellow><bgcolor blue><bordercolor yellow>

I think that's the correct format. It could be the key comes after the action (i.e. it would be /bind beginchat enter) but I don't remember now.

The parts in < > are the variables. Color is the color of your chat text, bgcolor is the background color the bubble and bordercolor is the color the border. The defaults are black, white, black. In my example above, the colors are yellow, blue, yellow. I assume you can use any of the normal colors (red, green, blue, white, black, purple, orange) but not sure if it takes some kind of hexadecimal number for non-standard colors.

Now when you hit the enter key to begin chatting in whatever channel you are in, the word balloon that pops up will be colored this way.

WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 01:19:10 PM

I am such a slave to previous MMOGs that I read 99% of chat in the chat window instead of the bubbles...for all I know, flowers could be shooting out of someone's ass as they spoke. If I can customize it, I might make an effort to break the habit and become more immersed in the game.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 01:22:42 PM

You mean you didn't see the flowers?  That took a LOT of coding and reverse engineering damnit.
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 02:19:37 PM

Bah, why make it that inconvenient? In CoH's younger spiritual brother, ToonTown, you just picked a color. Less choices, though.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 02:36:06 PM

You missed the quotes before beginchat and at the end, and for the border parameter, you don't need 'bordercolor', just border. You can use hex or html color names afaik, I usually use html colors because my hex chart is here at work :)

I've been meaning to post this, thanks, Hammy.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Those spiffy chat ballons  
Jump to: