Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:02:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: LU19 is LIVE 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LU19 is LIVE  (Read 9922 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: February 04, 2006, 04:01:22 AM

I hopped in on some toons last night to take a look around. Some of my skills got locked into the hotbar, had to re setup some stuff, but for the most part, the patch seems uhm, work...ing? Ok, that wasn't a sentence. Whatever. I'm gonna dick around with a new toon Sunday or so. Hopefully life will give me time to play this game again soon. Ya know, it's basically gotten to the point where I like games a lot, I have a limited amount of time, I don't really want to spend it in an MMOG. But I'm not going to drop my sub or whatever. I fully expect to want to play EQ2 at the oddest times. It's funny, there's no real way to say "Ya know, I like this game, but I want to play other games that are more fun right now" without sounding like a douche. Resident Evil DS comes out this week. I want to play that. So does Chibi Robo, Tales of Legendia, Street Fighter Alpha Max 3, and Rub Rabbits! - I want to play all of those. At length. The week after that brings me Exit, Drakengard 2 (though I've basically boycotted Square at this point), Grandia 3 and Age of Empires for the DS.

There's basically good releases through may starting just this last week. I'm almost done with Mega Man Maverick Hunter X and I'm about 30% of the way through Tomogatchi Corner Shop. I've come to wonder how MMOGs keep players retained for so long. But I guess if I'm willing to put down a $15 a month game for Resident Evil 4 and some portable games, there are those who would rather play an MMOG than RE4. Anyway, to sum up.

I'm still playing, but at the oddest hours and for not very long. I'm a gamer, I can't be tied down.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 04, 2006, 04:19:11 AM

Played the new island now - and I'm not sure what all the fuss was about the changes.

It's the same island, only the quests have been rewritten to be a bit better and some npc models have changed.

tbh I don't miss the boat.

CA changeover seemed to happen ok for my twenties chars.

I did have a look at starting crafting following the trailed simplification and removal fo subcombines, but my recipies seem to still require them, so not sure what's going on there, didn't really care enough to work it out either.

All in all, good patch.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #37 on: February 04, 2006, 05:06:37 AM

It seems the crafting changes are lvl 20 and below? At least my lvl 12 necro makes spell scroll with one combine. I'm not going to miss the chemistry table and those darn washes and resins at all.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 04, 2006, 07:05:13 AM

It seems to be only some of the crafting under 20. I thought I'd make my reroll a bunch of boxes for her vault, but the carpentry ones still require a lot of subs.  I am sort of worried the market will get flooded because right now crafting is actually worth doing, but I really don't miss the subcombines of subcombines of subcombines. It was really nice to just knock out combat arts for my alt without having to worry about running around to every station.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #39 on: February 04, 2006, 08:51:16 AM

I belive the subcombines were only removed on sub 20 spells and combat arts. Apparently next patch they'll be getting rid of most subcombines in other crafting skills. THANK GOD. I can't handle doing weaponcrafting and having to make a shit ton of subcombines for no apparent reason.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #40 on: February 05, 2006, 12:21:36 PM

Resident Evil DS comes out this week. I want to play that. So does Chibi Robo, Tales of Legendia, Street Fighter Alpha Max 3, and Rub Rabbits! - I want to play all of those. At length. The week after that brings me Exit, Drakengard 2 (though I've basically boycotted Square at this point), Grandia 3 and Age of Empires for the DS.

omg I thought EQ2 was just biding my time until Twilight Princess, but I may be disappearing a bit sooner than expected.

Relevant gripe: I thought shit was gonna stack in 100s now, but I guess I was misinformed?

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #41 on: February 05, 2006, 05:09:18 PM

Resident Evil DS comes out this week. I want to play that. So does Chibi Robo, Tales of Legendia, Street Fighter Alpha Max 3, and Rub Rabbits! - I want to play all of those. At length. The week after that brings me Exit, Drakengard 2 (though I've basically boycotted Square at this point), Grandia 3 and Age of Empires for the DS.

omg I thought EQ2 was just biding my time until Twilight Princess, but I may be disappearing a bit sooner than expected.

Relevant gripe: I thought shit was gonna stack in 100s now, but I guess I was misinformed?

Fueld components (minus water) stack to 100.  The patch introduce the initial changes to crafting; the rest are to be introduced around the 20th.  Seems as if they have different teams working on different elements or some such, as many of the changes coming up were staggered.  I thought I read that all components would stack to 100, but it may of been a hallucination.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #42 on: February 11, 2006, 02:22:50 PM

Another problemo that has become a major annoyance: spells I lost due to the patch (e.g. Bludgeoning Earth Adept I) are still getting dropped as loot and I CANNOT SCRIBE IT EVEN THOUGH IT STILL SAYS IT'S FOR CONJURERS!! just wanted to bitch about that. There's a scroll in the guild bank that's just staring at me in mockery (not you, SPT sweetie, 'mockery' the other noun).

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 12, 2006, 12:31:11 PM

Here's an interesting problem:  I logged off one night after making 40 of a crafted item and mailing 20 of them to a friend.  I log on the next day with 11 of the item in my inventory.  It appears that overnight I went from 20 of an item to 11.  I guess it must be a 10's digit error in the database, but will have to test it with some lower level items. 

I reported the bug but they're likely to think that I'm just a looney that can't keep track of things.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #44 on: February 12, 2006, 01:01:22 PM

The day before yesterday I logged out with 11 stacks of food and drink and when I logged back in yesterday, it was all gone.  I heard people talking in chat about stuff gone missing and strange happenings.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #45 on: February 12, 2006, 02:14:23 PM

I saw strange lights in the sky. They seemed to hover over a nearby field in Antonica then took off, and changed direction faster than a magic carpet would. When I got to the field there were numerous mutilated badgers in the field.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #46 on: February 13, 2006, 12:54:20 AM

Yeah, uh... the badger thing was me. Sacrifices and unholy rituals and all that fun stuff...

Plus they kept taunting me with that damn song.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: LU19 is LIVE  
Jump to: