Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:14:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: The Thread of Aggression 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Aggression  (Read 11726 times)
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #35 on: February 06, 2006, 08:30:31 PM

Something else to watch out for on "tight orbit" attacks with frigates or drones: Smart Bombs.  They're basically a PBAE, they damage everything within a certain radius (something like 5km) of the ship that is using them, and medium and large ones will eat a frigate right up.  Since they are the most effective counter to drones, they will sometimes be found on PvP buildouts.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
WayAbvPar

Reply #36 on: February 08, 2006, 10:09:56 AM

I have had luck vs cruisers and battlecruisers orbiting at up to 17 km in my Rifter. Is that generally too far away? Will that work in PvP? My aim is to stay out of nos/web/warp disruptor range.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: February 08, 2006, 10:21:42 AM

How effective are warp stabilizers?  Are they a 1-to-1 thing with warp disruptors, such that one unit of each cancels each other out, or is there more to it?

I've got one mounted on my Ferox but haven't had to put it to the test yet.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #38 on: February 08, 2006, 10:50:49 AM

A quick FYI, I usually assume anyone solo ganking in lowsec is very well fitted and therefore expect them to be using 100% tech II modules.  For Warp Scramblers this means either:

-2 warp strength with a range of 22km

-3 warp strength with a range of 8km

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 08, 2006, 11:05:13 AM

A quick FYI, I usually assume anyone solo ganking in lowsec is very well fitted and therefore expect them to be using 100% tech II modules.  For Warp Scramblers this means either:

-2 warp strength with a range of 22km

-3 warp strength with a range of 8km

Not in my experience - Since pirates often fall victim to other pirates, they often choose cheap and/or fully-insurable ships with decent mods, but not expensive top-of-the-line stuff.  But yes, if you're mining in low sec, stick at least one stab on there, preferably two. 
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #40 on: February 08, 2006, 11:19:26 AM

I have to agree my my friend the turtle here, low sec cheep ships, high sec belt pirates can be tricked out. If your playing in low sec you know your gonna get blown out of the sky sometime or another.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #41 on: February 08, 2006, 02:08:14 PM

I guess I'm posting those numbers saying, that is what you need to beat or there is a chance your just wasting slots fitting a module that may not end up helping you.  Although I have no idea how Scram/Stasis works compared to ECM (where if they beat your targeting they have a chance to jam you every X seconds and that chance is better/worse depending on how much they beat you by).  Corrections please if I'm wrong about ECM that is what I remember reading some time ago.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: The Thread of Aggression  
Jump to: