Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:19:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: "Seed" - Possible time dump for bored people. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Seed" - Possible time dump for bored people.  (Read 49524 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #70 on: February 27, 2006, 12:16:16 PM

Okay, we now have at least two people who are in this thing, and the rest of us haven't heard about anything beyond character creation.  Spill!   Hello Kitty

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #71 on: February 27, 2006, 12:47:41 PM

Okay, we now have at least two people who are in this thing, and the rest of us haven't heard about anything beyond character creation. Spill! Hello Kitty

Having heard a good deal about the game, I can assure you, you don't want anything spilled.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #72 on: February 27, 2006, 02:46:52 PM

Yes I do.  If their game concept sucks beyond repair, I want to hear about it (in detail) so I can stop caring.  Right now I know just enough to be tantalized.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #73 on: February 27, 2006, 02:49:08 PM

I was 'playing' with it over the weekend. More to come... soon.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: March 27, 2006, 07:45:05 AM

I understand the release date is 5/1 - coming up quick.

NDA still in effect?

I'm intrigued by this one. 
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: March 27, 2006, 09:16:34 AM

They had no NDA in beta.  Yoru has a review. (Well, that is the discussion thread, but the review is linked from it.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Yoru

Reply #76 on: March 27, 2006, 11:32:14 AM

Run away. Run very far away.  cry
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: March 27, 2006, 11:39:39 AM

Run away. Run very far away.  cry

Oh come now... if you are giving up, fire me over your beta account.  evil

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #78 on: March 27, 2006, 11:45:10 AM

I'm sure I can mail you a hammer and a diagram for "Nutsmashing" if you are really desperate.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: March 28, 2006, 10:19:26 AM

Thanks for pointing me to the front page.

I don't read it usually, don't even check it usually, because when I click on the top of the tree thingie on the directory above, it puts me in the forum index here
http://forums.f13.net/index.php
which is the same place as the one just under it (at least I can't tell the difference).
http://forums.f13.net/index.php#2

but shouldn't it instead put me here?
http://www.f13.net/

Off to read the past 3 months of front page articles...

Oh, and back on topic -- I don't see how Seed can launch May 1 with a fun game when so many of the aspects are either still broken or missing.

Runescape is all the rage among fourth-graders (at least according to my son's peers) so maybe this will pan out over time, who knows.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #80 on: March 28, 2006, 06:12:23 PM

Off to read the past 3 months of front page articles...
All the front page articles are linked to from the We distort. Wou decide. forum.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #81 on: April 25, 2006, 11:06:56 AM

got a Beta invite.  And curiously it said this:
There is no NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) that you legally must obey as a part of the beta.

There *are* a few things we kindly ask you not to do, as this could harm Seed and Runestone...

Is there some strategy here that I'm missing?
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: April 25, 2006, 04:55:06 PM

got a Beta invite.  And curiously it said this:
There is no NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) that you legally must obey as a part of the beta.

There *are* a few things we kindly ask you not to do, as this could harm Seed and Runestone...

Is there some strategy here that I'm missing?

No. It's an open beta at this point and it is still supposed to be released on May 1 or 2.

"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
Miscreant
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: April 28, 2006, 05:17:05 PM

Great MMO bug:

My friend logged into the Seed open beta this morning. He had all kinds of trouble with the controls.  His character was moving very strangely. 

After a while someone else shouted "Is anyone else's character moving randomly?"  Except the chat log showed that he said it.

Making an impressive logical leap, my friend said "Is anyone in this body with me?"

Then his body said, "Yes."

It seems if two people make characters with the same name and log in at the same time, they become The Man with Two Brains. 

schild
Administrator

Reply #84 on: April 28, 2006, 05:18:54 PM

Wow. A completely new way to fuck up MMOG development. And here I thought it wasn't possible.
Yoru

Reply #85 on: April 28, 2006, 05:38:56 PM

That's like.. basic account creation error checking. Wow.

.. wow.

........ wow.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #86 on: April 28, 2006, 05:41:10 PM

They implemented the two-headed ogre from Warcraft!

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #87 on: April 28, 2006, 05:54:14 PM

It seems if two people make characters with the same name and log in at the same time, they become The Man with Two Brains.

That's the greatest thing I've ever heard.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: April 28, 2006, 09:10:18 PM

I think they're on to an entirely new game concept.

vex
Terracotta Army

Smock, turban, latex gloves and rubber slippers.

Reply #89 on: April 29, 2006, 02:52:25 AM

Great MMO bug:

Wow, just wow.  Well at least he was able to actually get on.  Most of my beta experience with this one has been watching the character load out.  The one time I did get on it was just a pile of people at the zone it point unable to move.

I can't see how they are going to release this next week.  It's too bad really because I honestly thought this one might be interesting.

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: April 29, 2006, 12:26:01 PM

Yeah. It seems that they cleared up some of the problems with login and movement lag and such, but the servers are still up and down all day.

The bug with the two people in the same speech bubble is interesting... and ripe with grief possibilities. Muhaha! But seriously, they've got a lot to fix before release day. I'd be surprised if they're able to get it stable at the very least. I do not envy the developers of this one.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #91 on: May 03, 2006, 03:09:00 AM

Quick update on Seed, gone gold (and pay) today.

This is an open letter to the devs from the official forum:

My Sympathies to the Devs
I'd just like to say that I feel very sorry for the developers of this Windows application. I can tell there is motivation to eventually make it into some sort of game, but as it exists today, it is nothing close. I suspect (as some forum posts have pointed out) that, had it been up to the people who created (not funded) the game, we would not be seeing a "retail" release for many months.

Instead, we are presented with this highly unstable glorified chat interface that has some decent art assets associated with it. I offer my sympathies to the original creators of the game, that you have been forced to call this "retail", and have start asking for money from consumers while you finish the months of development that should have been internal.

Whether or not this will someday evolve into an actual game is irrelevant, what's important to point out is that this is quite possibly the worse "retail" offering I've ever had the misfortune of interfacing with, and this is coming from someone who's played 99% of every MMO out there.

In closing, I again offer my sympathies to the original creators of this application, and hope that someday an actual game emerges.

schild
Administrator

Reply #92 on: May 03, 2006, 03:11:00 AM

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #93 on: May 03, 2006, 03:22:12 AM

Sorry, I missed it.
Those pictures are great and hilarious, better than a thousand words. Or even ten thousand thousands.

--
the Falconeer

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #94 on: August 09, 2006, 10:24:29 AM

Any update on Seed?

"Me am play gods"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #95 on: August 09, 2006, 10:33:58 AM

If you say nice things to me, I'll post some stuff.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #96 on: August 09, 2006, 10:38:53 AM

*I take off my wizard's hat and robe*

"Me am play gods"
WayAbvPar

Reply #97 on: August 09, 2006, 10:40:21 AM

*I take off my wizard's hat and robe*

Gonna spill some "Seed"?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #98 on: August 09, 2006, 10:47:20 AM

OK, I'll make some time this week to generate more Seed entertainment.  Maybe I can take over that UO forum, it's getting long in the tooth.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: September 28, 2006, 10:42:40 AM

Yoru

Reply #100 on: September 28, 2006, 10:58:10 AM

Also noted on F13. :P
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: September 28, 2006, 12:01:34 PM

f13 needs a newsticker

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #102 on: September 28, 2006, 12:02:02 PM

Hopefully one of these failed MMOGs will go open source rather than be locked away.

"Me am play gods"
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: September 28, 2006, 12:11:07 PM

Hopefully one of these failed MMOGs will go open source rather than be locked away.

Ask and you may receive:  D&L
Yoru

Reply #104 on: September 28, 2006, 12:18:04 PM

I believe Allegiance also went open source.. or semi-open-source. Last time I checked, Microsoft Research had some kind of wacky license of doom on it that you had to accept to get the source.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: "Seed" - Possible time dump for bored people.  
Jump to: