Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:21:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: LFG tool beginning to annoy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LFG tool beginning to annoy  (Read 2429 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: May 19, 2004, 12:14:26 AM

Level 19.

Appropriate level potential group members could be spread across any instance of Skyway, Steel Canyon, Faultline, or Independence Port.

One is green line only, one is yellow line only, one is on neither line.

Arrgh.

They really need to make 'Find Members' work across all insatnces of all zones.

/whine off.

Thankyou for your time.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
RipSnort
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 09:53:09 AM

That would be good.
I'd like to see a preference panel for the type of team your looking for. ie:
A- less than an hour
B- hour +
C - couple of hours
D- catass till the birds chirp

Or how bout these :)
A - I only have 2 bubs til level then I'm gonna ditch the group.
C - Looking for team till mom calls me for dinner
D - looking for team who will wait around while I go shopping for insps and train.
E - Looking for team that whines about the xp not being high enough until we find an area where mobs are way purple and wipe us out.
Bipolar

Email
Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 10:23:18 AM

ROFL RipSnort, I see you have had some xp with groups in games before.

Seriously, EQ finally came up with a decent LFG tool, would love to see same here in CoH.  Of course it would have to do all instances of zones.  Would be nice to add Rips team type preference (< hour, hour+, TF, mission, roaming hunt, etc.)

I beleive this will become even more important as the population "ages" in game, with a wider disparity in toon levels.  It will soon not be so easy to go to Boomtown and broadcast LFT and get instant invites.  Need to advertise in multiple zones to have a better chance of finding a group.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: LFG tool beginning to annoy  
Jump to: