Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:12:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Behold the massive World Event that opens the Gates of Ahn Quiraj, it's... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Behold the massive World Event that opens the Gates of Ahn Quiraj, it's...  (Read 80714 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #70 on: January 05, 2006, 05:04:27 PM

Wow, my piece of shit server is on top!

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: January 05, 2006, 08:25:30 PM

The entertaining thing about this, is you poor bastards are whining and complaining about the War Effort event, when in reality, the Catassery doesent even BEGIN there.  Incase you didnt know, your server could turn in 0 mats and eventually the War Effort would complete itself.  The server NPC's are out there slowly gathering resources, and every once in a while it will accrue stuff on its own.

The REAL Catassery is from the poor top end raiding guilds who are competing to be the first ones to open the Gates.
NOTE: Even if the War Effort is complete, the gates wont open.  The War Effort resource gathering is simply to Equip and Prepare the NPC army who will help deffend against the enraged swarms when the Gates actually open.

The raiding guilds trying to open the gate must first earn (on ONE character) Friendly reputation with the Bronze Brood.  You start out at FULL HATED.  You get 1 reputation point for every turnin of an item (only able to be seen by characters deputized to help) which drops off of the elite Silithids in Silithus (think of it as similar to a Scourge stone).  Since they drop at around 1-4 per mob, that means you have to kill 30-40 THOUSAND of them, all the while makeing sure someone who can loot the item is there to pick them up and pass them to your Rep Bitch.

And you thought Timbermaw faction was a cockblock.

And after you hit friendly, they smack you with a string of 10-15 raid level quests that will require you do do MC, BWL, Darnassus, Stormwind, and god knows what else raids.  Sometimes on timers (one, i think, requires a Broodlord - Neff kill in under 5 hours).

Hell, the War effort is actually an AWESOME idea, since it A: Gives you faction, B: gives you loot which can be cashed in or sent to twinks, and C: is TOTALLY OPTIONAL, unless you want to get the gates open faster.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: January 05, 2006, 09:06:47 PM

Well, I'm disappointed to report that the catass who told me to stop levelling and farm linen is tacitly supported by the guild officers.  It seems that while I was gone (6 months) the guild underwent a rather interesting metamorphosis from people who had played one game together well to a completely catassed-out-the-ass guild.  In other words, I am a very small minority.  (I even got booted today briefly for daring to tell the catass to stop telling me how to play - the guy's not even an officer). 

Ah well.

I fail to understand why Blizzard is falling into the trap that has snagged others - providing elite content for the 5% of ubers who don't have jobs or families.  Why why why?  The disparity in equipment between those without jobs or other rl commitments and those with is just silly.  Who designs these things anyway? 

I want to play a game that's designed by a 30- or 40-something person with a couple of kids and a job, not a 20 something person with neither.

cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #73 on: January 05, 2006, 09:21:33 PM

Not anymore.

My server jumped from 56th, to 70th, to 12th to 75th over the last.. uhmm.. 5 minutes.  Not quite sure if this thing is working properly.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: January 06, 2006, 02:48:47 AM

It's somewhat interesting as a game mechanic, but less interesting as a game experience. It's worth noting that the gates
will open even if no one does anything, so it's no forced as such. In addition there are some non-raid quests that become
accessible and the content being exposed has already been tested so everyone knows what they are getting.

As for Khaz'modan being high I believe that's the server on which new character creation is disabled for a while but character
transfer from three overpopulated realms is allowed. So I wouldn't be surprised it has a lot of power-gamers now.

I'll be looking forward to the next stage in the process, if any, but I prize my time to heavily to actually farm for it.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #75 on: January 06, 2006, 04:39:21 AM

I fail to understand why Blizzard is falling into the trap that has snagged others - providing elite content for the 5% of ubers who don't have jobs or families.  Why why why?  The disparity in equipment between those without jobs or other rl commitments and those with is just silly.  Who designs these things anyway? 

I want to play a game that's designed by a 30- or 40-something person with a couple of kids and a job, not a 20 something person with neither.

And therin lies the problem.  The people who design these things are young people with shitloads of time who also think this stuff is fun.  While I enjoy raiding, and WOW is fairly friendly in terms of time commitment it's still ass for folks who don't like it.  It's only made worse when you're in a guild situation like yours. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #76 on: January 06, 2006, 04:57:55 AM

I hate that if you want to succeed you have to deal with asshats, politics, or both. I want to play a game, not run a kindergarten.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #77 on: January 06, 2006, 05:15:45 AM

I haven't had that problem.  I bounced around a number of guilds until I found one that fit me, however.  It's meant that I didn't get into MC as early as everyone else, and BWL is a ways off but I really couldn't give a rat's ass about being 'first'.

That's part of the beauty of 40-man-max raids. You can't just zerg content so there's no incentive to invite every single 60 priest/ mage out there and hose everyone else.  As a result there's a significantly higher number of guilds with the people required to do the endgame stuff than there were in EQ.  My EQ server had 2 guilds able to do Plane of Sky until Luclin, my WoW server has at least 4 working on BWL, and about 8 more doing MC just on the Alliance side.

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: January 06, 2006, 06:12:57 AM

You run your own WoW server?!

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Malathor
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: January 06, 2006, 07:17:35 AM

And therin lies the problem.  The people who design these things are young people with shitloads of time who also think this stuff is fun.  While I enjoy raiding, and WOW is fairly friendly in terms of time commitment it's still ass for folks who don't like it.  It's only made worse when you're in a guild situation like yours. 

Thats what stinks about the current farming spectacular. Up till now WoW raiding for the most part has been very time friendly. I have a job, a wife, and tons of rl commitments, but had no problem not just participating in top end content, but even worldwide firsts without ever committing more than 15-20 hrs/week to it, and under 10/hrs a week in recent months. Character progression and top end gear was determined solely by your guild's ability to actually figure out and kill top-end shit. I ended up enjoying it a lot, and my guild, which was never supposed to be any kind of uber guild but rather a reunion guild for the players of an old text MUD, ended up being one of the top guilds in the game

Now everything has been turned on its head, and to progress to the crap that we do want to do, we need to get through a massive cockblocky very unfun time sink. Which sucks, and reminds me of EQ, and is enough to get people like me cranky enough to start bitching at guild slackers not helping to get this lousy crap over with. Such things were never necessary before.

Well, I'm disappointed to report that the catass who told me to stop levelling and farm linen is tacitly supported by the guild officers.  It seems that while I was gone (6 months) the guild underwent a rather interesting metamorphosis from people who had played one game together well to a completely catassed-out-the-ass guild.  In other words, I am a very small minority.  (I even got booted today briefly for daring to tell the catass to stop telling me how to play - the guy's not even an officer).

Wow that sounds like me. Wait, I think it actually is! evil I see you! Get off this damn message board and back to farming linen. I don't want to have to farm any longer than necessary!

"Too much is always better than not enough." -Dobbs
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: January 06, 2006, 07:46:10 AM

OMFG, it IS you!!!

Mob

Now that's funny.

Heart

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #81 on: January 06, 2006, 09:33:42 AM

See the farming linen, all that it doesn't matter because as previously mentioned NPCs are doing it themselves. If you wait long enough, the gates will open on their own, farming just means they'll open sooner.  Folks bitching about it are bitching just because they want it NOW.

The rep stuff I understand you can do after the gates open like they wer on the test server.  For comparison I read that one kill inside is worth 100 rep vs 1 kill being worth maybe 2-3 rep from drops on the outside.  If I were running a guild I'd personally say fuck it, let someone else have the "omg I opened it" glory and continute normal BWL/MC runs until the gates opened and we could get some tangible faction for everyone, not just one guy up to friendly.

cevik
I'm Special

Reply #82 on: January 06, 2006, 11:09:14 AM

Now everything has been turned on its head, and to progress to the crap that we do want to do, we need to get through a massive cockblocky very unfun time sink. Which sucks, and reminds me of EQ, and is enough to get people like me cranky enough to start bitching at guild slackers not helping to get this lousy crap over with. Such things were never necessary before.

But EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE GAME IS WORKING ON THIS.  EVERYONE.  EVERY SINGLE PERSON.  EVERYONE. EVERYONE.  In other words, you have nothing to do at all.  You can literally stop playing right now, and come back in 3 months when this stupid shit is unlocked and it will make NO DIFFERENCE, it will be unlocked at the same general time no matter what (in the grand scheme of things, your 2000 rugged leather over the next 3 months is worthless).

This is hardly a big fucking deal.  Just walk away and forget about it.  Come back when it's unlocked.  It's not like EVERY guild or EVERY character has to go through this grind.

The whining has gotten obnoxious.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
XMackenzie
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: January 06, 2006, 11:37:46 AM

Check out Win your dream date with Fires of Heaven.  I think it's a neat approach to mobilizing the unwashed masses, a good carrot for some out there - particularily the uber-guild worshipping folks who may have rolled on that server in the first place because of FoH.   

attention span of a gnat
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: January 06, 2006, 12:29:01 PM

Quote from: catass nation
3 Grand Prizes:
Each of our 3 grand prize winners will receive their very own MOLTEN CORE RUN!! That's right, we'll take you and four of your friends on a run through the fabulous Molten Core where you can loot whatever you please. Remember watching tv as a kid and seeing TV shows give away Toys 'R Us Shopping Sprees? This is YOUR CHANCE! The top three winners will be given their own private Molten Core run by Fires of Heaven and allowed to bring 4 friends and loot whatever they want*, start to finish.

I quit.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: January 06, 2006, 12:34:17 PM

Check out Win your dream date with Fires of Heaven.  I think it's a neat approach to mobilizing the unwashed masses, a good carrot for some out there - particularily the uber-guild worshipping folks who may have rolled on that server in the first place because of FoH.   

I rolled up alliance on their server... Just to kill them.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #86 on: January 06, 2006, 01:05:45 PM

I have no problem with that, and I dont see why anyone else would.  It is a pretty nifty idea if you ask me.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: January 06, 2006, 01:18:58 PM

Is this where the game's going then ?

This whole patch stinks of corpse.  How can it be doing so well in the marketplace and stink of corpse ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #88 on: January 06, 2006, 01:25:23 PM

Is this where the game's going then ?

This whole patch stinks of corpse.  How can it be doing so well in the marketplace and stink of corpse ?

Because the pissing and moaning is worse than the reality of it?  I don't see anyone in game quitting over this on any level.

-Rasix
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: January 06, 2006, 01:25:46 PM

I have no problem with that, and I dont see why anyone else would.

Maybe its old-fashioned of me, but raids are supposed to be epic encounters between powerful protagonists and great forces of evil.  Not shopping sprees through Loots R Us. 

Its a brazen workaround to the BoP system, which is supposed to make people work for their gear and without which FoH could just offer purple gear to the winner of this perverse contest.

EDIT:  purple, not blue...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 01:30:54 PM by Mesozoic »

-Numtini
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: January 06, 2006, 01:27:58 PM

Because the pissing and moaning is worse than the reality of it?  I don't see anyone in game quitting over this on any level.

No, neither do I.  I'm not seeing much pissing and moaning either.   I'm just mulling over the direction it's taken.

Yes, you can have new content.  Yes, you can have it after you've finished your chores.  Go and find me runecloth and then mageweave and then tidy your room.  Maybe then I'll let you into the new instances.  AND NOT A MOMENT SOONER YOUNG MAN !

This is not why I play games.  *Sniff*  Corpse.

cevik
I'm Special

Reply #91 on: January 06, 2006, 01:35:28 PM

No, neither do I.  I'm not seeing much pissing and moaning either.   I'm just mulling over the direction it's taken.

Yes, you can have new content.  Yes, you can have it after you've finished your chores.  Go and find me runecloth and then mageweave and then tidy your room.  Maybe then I'll let you into the new instances.  AND NOT A MOMENT SOONER YOUNG MAN !

Except it's ideal for 99% of the population:

Blizzard:  Hey casuals, ye of not enough money to buy the rare drop purps from china, and without a guild large enough to do the 40 mc runs required to get uber lewtz.  Yes ye, 99% of the population.  You know that crap you normally vendor because it's not even worth trying to sell at the AH?  We deem it so that the uberz will want to pay outrageous amounts of money for your "trash" items they laughed at you for trying to sell before.

Casuals:  Oh, verily!

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: January 06, 2006, 01:50:07 PM

What's funny is how much shit Blizzard gets away with, only for being Blizzard. And while I'm not playing any mmo at the moment, I find myself watching Starcraft and Warcraft replays. DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!!!!

I should get a console...

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #93 on: January 06, 2006, 03:04:11 PM

Really who fucking cares?

I dont really like WoW, but people I like play it so I play along.  WoW has a ton of problems, BG's are stupid, rep grinds are stupid, raiding is fairly stupid.

But big server wide events are not stupid.  Its fun, there are so many rumours flying around right now about cut scenes when you get your rep to friendly from hated and some magical staff that needs to be assembled by raiding capital cities.  Nobody know wtf is going on, thats cool and its pretty fun.

I am going to turn in copper and iron because I have an alt that needs his mining leveled anyways, I'll also try to turn in one of everything for the initial turn in bonus rep.  But its not going to impact my playtime, I'm not going to change my playstyle or habits to participate.

The only thing that is even fair to bitch about is that some people want their AQ 20-man NOW!!!  Cry me a fucking river are you kidding me?  We dont even know what is going to happen yet.  I'll be dissapointed I'm sure, but for now just give it a goddamn rest.

In a perfect world, at 25% turn-ins we would see a horde and alliance fortress starting to be built to house the army for when the gates are open.  As the turn-ins progress the fortress' would take shape and npc spawns would be added.  When the quest is complete hopefully there will be a huge npc battle or something equally epic.  Realistically I'm sure it will be much more dissapointing, but for now I'll hold out a little hope.  No matter what capital raids sound cool so even if that is the only non cock-blockery involved in this whole affair I'll be pleased with it.

Bottom line:  I'm sorry you need to wait for your 20-man instance.  I'm sorry that DIKU-clones still rule the earth and one type of grind or another is the only thing devs can think of to make us happy.  But really pretending that somehow this turn in thing is having a huge negative impact on your enjoyment of the game is a fairly weak argument.  As someone who wishes MMO's were more virtual world less DING+1 I prefer the current situation to them just adding in instantly raidable content on patch day. 

*mods stealth editing eh?  Somebody who doesn't even play the game was so upset with this post they needed to toss something in?*
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 04:21:01 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: January 06, 2006, 03:52:22 PM

What's funny is how much shit Blizzard gets away with, only for being Blizzard. And while I'm not playing any mmo at the moment, I find myself watching Starcraft and Warcraft replays. DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!!!!

What are they getting away with?  Some post-patch issues?  Thats hardly new.   Totally optional grinding that gives good rewards to anyone who bothers and which triggers a world event?  They have 5 million people paying money to grind skills and levels a la Diku, but this is the last straw?

Please.

-Numtini
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #95 on: January 06, 2006, 03:58:32 PM

Bottom line:  I'm sorry you need to wait for your 20-man instance.  I'm sorry I like to freeze my batter and eat spunksicles when I'm hungry for a snack. I'm sorry that DIKU-clones still rule the earth and one type of grind or another is the only thing devs can think of to make us happy.  But really pretending that somehow this turn in thing is having a huge negative impact on your enjoyment of the game is a fairly weak argument.  As someone who wishes MMO's were more virtual world less DING+1 I prefer the current situation to them just adding in instantly raidable content on patch day. 

Man I miss the old days of pvp muding when the insult "Diku Clone" actually had meaning.

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: January 06, 2006, 04:14:57 PM

What are they getting away with?  Some post-patch issues?  Thats hardly new.   Totally optional grinding that gives good rewards to anyone who bothers and which triggers a world event?  They have 5 million people paying money to grind skills and levels a la Diku, but this is the last straw?

Please.

Last straw for me was a couple of months ago. That's just another straw. What I'm trying to say is why have the optional grind at all? Couldn't they think of something that would make everyone feel that they're participating, that doesn't involve collecting a ridiculous amounts of linen, wool and copper? My pals that are still playing tell me the higher portion of the event, the one that starts from Chromagus in BWL is frigging kick ass and filled with lore. They obviously can do better than this, why have the grind at all? I have nothing against bugs, it's a pretty big patch, bugs will be present. I just don't like the "We need supplies for the war effort! Go get me 10,000 daisies!!1" portion.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #97 on: January 06, 2006, 04:40:03 PM

Couldn't they think of something that would make everyone feel that they're participating, that doesn't involve collecting a ridiculous amounts of linen, wool and copper?

Anything they came up with would requires TONS of repetition or it would be deemed "too exclusive".  When there are millions of players you HAVE to make the required repetitions HUGE or you're going to end up with the inevitable "the 'world' event sucked because the FoH guys were organized and read the internet first and knew just what to do and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I never had a chance to participate. FEEEL SORRRRRYYY FOR MEEE!!!!1!!  I COMMAND YOU!!!!!!"

So.. what can they do?  Come up with a quest to kill X number of mob Y?  (WAAAAAAHHHH NOW MOB Y IS CAMEPD BY THE FOH GUYS ALL THE TIME!!! THIS EVENT SUCKS!! IT'S UNFAIR!!!!).  Come up with a quest to collect X number of Item Y? (Hey, that's what they did.. see your current complaints).  Tell you you have to do some 40 man raid? (ohh I'd love to see the gnashing of teeth at that one).  Say that anyone who wants to access the content needs to get a key and give a series of quests for that? (ROFLMAO, go read the onyxia key quest thread from angry.bob to see how fucking retarded you'd get over that).  What are they supposed to do?  A series of quests that require particpation from everyone at every skill level?  Hey that's what they did and you even hate that.  It's a fucking game, the point is to play the goddamned game and have fun.  Jesus the bitching has gone overboard.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: January 06, 2006, 04:40:23 PM

Except it's ideal for 99% of the population:

Blizzard:  Hey casuals, ye of not enough money to buy the rare drop purps from china, and without a guild large enough to do the 40 mc runs required to get uber lewtz.  Yes ye, 99% of the population.  You know that crap you normally vendor because it's not even worth trying to sell at the AH?  We deem it so that the uberz will want to pay outrageous amounts of money for your "trash" items they laughed at you for trying to sell before.

Casuals:  Oh, verily!

That would mean something if Gold wasn't worth precisely dick.

cevik
I'm Special

Reply #99 on: January 06, 2006, 04:45:18 PM

That would mean something if Gold wasn't worth precisely dick.

Means a lot to me, I need underworld bands, epic mounts for multiple characters, lots of different purps I want to buy.  I'll take ANY gold you want to get rid of, just send it my way.

Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: January 06, 2006, 05:12:11 PM

How about just let us in? Why is it ok for them to make content, put it online, and then say you can't have it yet? Why is it not ok for people to want to have access to content once it is made and online? It's not some major catastrophy, I'm not gonna quit over it, nor would I even if I was still in my BWL guild. But just because it's not terribly terribly wrong does not mean it's okay.

Like I said, what if AQ was a really fun 5-man dungeon and a new BG? Would you guys still be ok with not being able to access completed and online content if it was you who had to wait?

"Just wait a few months and it will be open!" What. The. Fuck. It's made. It's online. Why should people have to wait months to access a new aspect of a game they pay for when it is already made? There's no reason for it at all.
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #101 on: January 06, 2006, 05:26:23 PM

Like I said, what if AQ was a really fun 5-man dungeon and a new BG? Would you guys still be ok with not being able to access completed and online content if it was you who had to wait?

I had to grind from lvl 1 to 50 to get to AV, and I have to be at least 20 to get into ab.  I'm used to having content unlocked as I progress in the game.  In fact, I have yet to play a (fun) game where every bit of content existed from day one.

But even then, it's a game, either play it and have fun, or don't.  If you aren't having fun unlocking the new content, then either ignore it, or play a different game.  I see no difference between NOW when you can't access the content and LAST WEEK when you.. couldn't access the EXACT same content.  And there is no difference between NOW when you can't access the content, and LAST MONTH when you also could not access the content.

No, I do not see where your gripe is coming from.  It sounds a lot like my 2 year old whining because he doesn't have his waffle RIGHT NOW even though he just ate dinner.

Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: January 07, 2006, 01:20:42 AM

But for raiding guilds right now breakfast was hours ago, and the waffle is cooked and on the table already. Now they're being told they can't have it until they stand on their head and sing the national anthem 20 times.

Also it doesn't actually matter to me personally. We're just clearing ZG until our lvl 50s get to 60 so we can do the 40-man raids. It will be a while before I run out of content.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: January 07, 2006, 03:05:56 AM

So.. what can they do? 

Maybe think of something that would involve... *GASP* WORLD PVP? Allow people to temporaryly join the Cenarion Hold Armed Forces and the Twilight's Hammer Spearatists or something and let them duke it out around the world. Have objectives all around the world. You don't have a 60 yet? Let me quote you on that one "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" - sit on your fucking ass and get one. I mean who hasn't got a 60 by now? I'm no designer, I'm not even playing wow anymore - All im saying is - there IS a way to make that event better for everyone. You want repetitive? Cool, tie the lower portion of the event with some lower instance. Isn't the point summoning Eranikus right about the end, make people go to Sunken Temple and fight his shade. Having to collect 10,000 fish, IMO, is the worst way out. It's unimaginative and uncreative. Something I wouldn't expect out of Blizzard when I started playing the freaking game and sucked 50 people with me.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: January 07, 2006, 06:41:11 AM

So.. what can they do? 
You don't have a 60 yet? [.....] I mean who hasn't got a 60 by now?

I don't.  I left a 53 horde rogue on one server to go play on another server where I now have a 53 alliance hunter (that I left 6 months ago at 48 when I stopped playing).  And I was crying because a guildie told me to stop levelling and go collect.

Collecting doesn't bother me, in fact, I think it's neat because every level can help out.  (I'm not going to stop levelling, however, that's just stupid).  I'm looking forward to this event, and I think it's groovy to have an event that everybody can help with.

Surely there are little folks on your server that you can buy goods from, and then sell the greens back on the AH, if you're all done with all the other content/raiding and have seen everything and are all kitted out and so on.  That helps out the little levels who really have no reason to turn in, but they surely need gold.

But if you hate it, then don't do it at all.  The gates will open eventually. 

And if you're bored, hey, take a break.  It's the best way to start to enjoy a game that feels grindy (and what game doesn't either feel grindy or get boring?  I'm talking in reality here, not the made up games we all have in our heads).

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Behold the massive World Event that opens the Gates of Ahn Quiraj, it's...  
Jump to: