Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:14:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Bat Country (Steamfont) - Current Roster (1/22/2006) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country (Steamfont) - Current Roster (1/22/2006)  (Read 82818 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: December 31, 2005, 07:45:38 PM

Arti
Artificial Kid - 5 Priest

Cheddar
Jeboob - 28 Swashbuckler - 27 Armor Crafter
Olub - 16 Shaman
Liij - 12 Outfitter
Deoj - 12 Scholar

Cheddars Friend
Ulose - 5 Scout

Lt. Dan
Mordy - 21 Wizard
Kharmon - 19 Druid

Miasma
Stopgap - 33 Conjurer - 37 Provisioner

Mi Ties
Pook - 13 Predator
Tessila - 9 Priest

Mr. Hat
Cerrano - 21 Monk
Jamal - 18 Predator
Jaybles - 6 Mage
Silks - 10 Summoner

Nebu
Nebu - 18 Rogue

Nix
Eckae - 9 Scout

Nix's friend
Fheir - 9 Scout

Ookii
Rawrimalion - 25 Paladin

Sauced
Saucy - 17 Enchanter

Schild
Sterno - 25 Conjurer

Signe
Signe - 14 Cleric
Midden - 22 Monk
Staberella - 8 Scout

Sky
Caviglia - 19 Sorcerer

Soukyan
Wikybiky - 20 Dirge
Soukyan - 6 Priest

SuperPopTart
Mockery - 23 Mystic
Arissia - 11 Summoner

Surlyboi
Tyburon - 15 Predator

Velorath
Kelthoss - 19 Bard

VoodLily
Voodoolily - 16 Summoner

You can view the most current guild stuffs at: http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/guild.vm?guildId=496208 .  Schild, you never told us you created a guild website thingy!  lol, internet indeed.

I am really having a good time and I hope others will join us in Bat Country (EQ2 edition)!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 07:25:56 AM by Cheddar »

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 07:49:05 PM

My computer crapped out. But I'll be playing as soon as we finish "fixing it." Right now only a 10gig harddrive is available to me.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 07:55:20 PM

My computer crapped out. But I'll be playing as soon as we finish "fixing it." Right now only a 10gig harddrive is available to me.

keke la.  Not sure how you want things to go with the guild, so lemme know if I step on your toes.  Or you can demote me.  Or you can pat me on the head and tell me its all going to be ok.  All I know is I am having a blast and it is making me giddy.   Hello Kitty

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 11:13:49 PM

I am Klytemnestra, will join as soon as someone invites me.

Edit: I'm a level 6 fighter looking to go monk.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 12:01:20 AM

I'll probably re-up my subscription when I get back on Jan 5th.  By the looks of it, you guys are all on the good side... what server?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 12:22:40 AM

I'll probably re-up my subscription when I get back on Jan 5th.  By the looks of it, you guys are all on the good side... what server?

Steamfont.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 09:24:56 AM

So what should I choose?

I <3 Monks but it's a group game and Monks seem like a hybrid, and no one likes hybrids.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 12:37:24 PM

You'd think schild would at least list me:

Rawrimalion - 15 Crusader on Steamfont!

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 01:31:59 PM

Good Lord, it's Ookii!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 06:01:37 PM

Good Lord, it's Ookii!

Yes, and if you actually played we could frolic in the rolling hills of Antonica!

Just think of all the badgers we could kill.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 04, 2006, 09:55:07 PM

Cheddar,

Fix the guild bank permissions.  Currently only senior members can withdraw.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 05:04:43 AM

Cheddar,

Fix the guild bank permissions.  Currently only senior members can withdraw.

keke.  I swear I had regular members set to withdraw.  Maybe I am stupid.  Ill look into it soon as I can.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 07:01:02 AM

You did, but you didn't set limits and the default is 0. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 11:39:15 AM

You did, but you didn't set limits and the default is 0. 

Oh my.  Thanks babe!

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 05, 2006, 01:58:35 PM

So... do any of you play during normal hours?  The thought of starting over on a new server and playing with random people scares me.  If I know that I can group with most of you, it seems a lot less painful.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 02:00:35 PM

So... do any of you play during normal hours?  The thought of starting over on a new server and playing with random people scares me.  If I know that I can group with most of you, it seems a lot less painful.

Yes.  And as you can see by the roster, we have a good spread of levels. 

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 05, 2006, 02:29:05 PM

Souk, where are you!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 06:53:00 PM

Add me to the list:

Nebu - Level 8 Mage

-  Mark Twain
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 08:08:30 PM

Might as well take me off  the list, I'm unsubbing at least until I feel like buying more RAM.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 06, 2006, 06:11:27 AM

Souk, where are you!

Was trying to make a non-fugly gnome methinks. ;)

BTW, Ched. Add Wikybiky under my name as well. Level 10 bard atm. Looks like that'll be my main. Thanks in advance.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #20 on: January 09, 2006, 06:21:49 PM

Updated list. 

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #21 on: January 10, 2006, 07:06:27 AM

I'd hope nobody on that list would swipe things from the guild bank, but whatever.

My sorcerer/wizard, Caviglia, should probably be added. I think he's 11th.
schild
Administrator

Reply #22 on: January 10, 2006, 07:07:56 AM

I'd hope nobody on that list would swipe things from the guild bank, but whatever.

My sorcerer/wizard, Caviglia, should probably be added. I think he's 11th.

The guild bank is always completely full. It's meant to be swiped from. Speaking of, I've got some stuff I need to put in it.
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #23 on: January 10, 2006, 07:09:48 AM

I'm going to take something from it today. I don't know what quite yet but something.

And I hit 16, halfway now to 17. Soon I shall be..Mystic or..Defiler.. can't decide what so if anyone out there has any experience/advice, please let me know.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #24 on: January 10, 2006, 07:18:23 AM

Sometimes I think your guys are an eleborate ruse to get me to play games I am trying to avoid.

(Is there a smite cleric type class?)

"Me am play gods"
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #25 on: January 10, 2006, 07:52:45 AM

Sometimes I think your guys are an eleborate ruse to get me to play games I am trying to avoid.

There is an "evil" cleric called an Inquisitor, but you would have to stay in Freeport and that city will suck the life out of you.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 10, 2006, 07:59:21 AM

Depends on what you exactly mean by smite cleric. All healers can heal well enough to be a main healer in a group. From what I have seen the following holds true as far as what else they can do:

Templar/Inq: Great group buffs.
Warden/Fury: Decent DD and DoT spells
Mystic/Defiler: Good Debuffs

There are also slight differences in healing style. All classes have at least one or two direct heals. Templars have reactive heals that go off when your tank is hit. Wardens/Fury's have heal over time spells that go off every 2 seconds or so. And Mystics have something else =)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #27 on: January 10, 2006, 08:07:21 AM

I am concerned about mechanics.  Heal/Damage/Utility class like Pre-nerf Smite Clerics in DAoC,  Shadow Priests in WoW, and Corruptors in CoV(which I'd still play if PUGs hadn't become a rare beast).

"Me am play gods"
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 10, 2006, 08:17:56 AM

I'm currently playing a notyetmonk and a notyetswashbuckler.

About to start a notyetsummoner.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: January 10, 2006, 08:21:35 AM

I'm guessing that if you want something like an original Smite Cleric from DAoC, then you'll probably want to go Warden as they have the most DD spells, or it appears so. I haven't actually played one. I had made a priest with the intent of being a Fury (DoT for teh win!), but Hat made me stop and start all over again. Now I'm happily running around as a Bard... soon to be sad and a Dirge. ;)

As to actual mechanics of play, grab the Trial of the Isle and roll up a priest. Smite is your first damage spell. Get level 5 or 6 and grab a few other folks and try the Orc instance to get a feel for how the class will play. When you sub-class, things can begin to change so it's no guarantee that you'll like it, but priests can hold their own fairly well. I don't know that you're going to find something identical to pre-nerf Smite Clerics from DAoC because they were pretty powerful (thus the nerfs, obviously), but it's worth at least playing because the mechanics are similar but not identical to other MMOGs.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 08:26:16 AM by Soukyan »

"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: January 10, 2006, 08:23:30 AM

Dirge

AKA The Rapper.

Wikybiky coming at you with the mad rhymes yo!
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 10, 2006, 08:27:38 AM

Dirge

AKA The Rapper.

The first thing I perform is going to be a tribute... to the greatest song in the world.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 10, 2006, 09:06:19 AM

Dirge

AKA The Rapper.

The first thing I perform is going to be a tribute... to the greatest song in the world.

I love you.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 10, 2006, 09:48:37 AM

I am concerned about mechanics.  Heal/Damage/Utility class like Pre-nerf Smite Clerics in DAoC,  Shadow Priests in WoW, and Corruptors in CoV(which I'd still play if PUGs hadn't become a rare beast).

Sounds like you would probably want to play a Warden then. I have one at 29 right now and he plays well solo and even better in groups. My spell line up constists of a main nuke w/ fast recast time, 2 DoTs, root w/ snare, AE emergency root, a Heal over time, 2 different direct heals with minor regen components, group regen & mitigation buff, self mitigation buff w/ wolf form, damage shield, melee buff (increase all melee skills), and a wis&agi stat buff. Oh and of course SoW.

In group your role is mainly to heal but you also have time to throw out some damage as well.

Solo, you have two options. With all your buffs you can actually stand toe-to-toe fairly well and melee and cast. Or you can root and nuke/dot. I use a combination of both. Root/Nuke to soften them up and melee to finish. Doing it that way I usually don't need to heal after it's over. If you melee the whole time you may need to heal during or after.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #34 on: January 14, 2006, 11:03:18 AM

Updated.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Bat Country (Steamfont) - Current Roster (1/22/2006)  
Jump to: